tgooberbutt

L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?!

I got mine yesterday, a baby lips lipgloss and a Revlon mascara... Not the most exciting comp this time :/

Revlon? Did L'oreal Group acquire them too (as they only send their own brands as compensation)? 

I just received MC15-80 mascara study compensation:

* Garnier Shine Control Cleansing Gel (with Charcoal)

* Maybelline ColorBlur in 10 Fast&Fuchsia 

Nothing expensive, but I am happy with this compensation. I did not have these items and wanted to try them anyway (especially the new ColorBlur).

I think they stopped that "free gift with five informational surveys" thing a while ago. When I first started there were informational surveys (not home study prequals) which would say "counts towards five informationals to receive gift" but I have not seen them since last year.

Now that you mention it, I realize I haven't seen those for a while either. That really sucks though; they should have those who've done informational surveys to still do them while stopping it for new sign-ups. Like I'm probably only 1-2 informational surveys away from the 5 -_-

I had an informational survey up this morning that I prequalified for. I guess this answers the question of whether or not they are really doing them anymore. I have been a member for a couple of years and have no idea how many I have done, but maybe this one will be the magic #5 for some of us! Here is the direct quote from the survey.

"Please take the time to complete this Cosmetic Prequalification for an upcoming Informational Survey. 

NOTE:  The completion of this survey will count towards FIVE Survey completions to receive a gift product.  (A report is run monthly to see who has reached FIVE conmpleted survey to receive compensation)"

I recently joined the Loreal Consumer Testing Program. Even I got the pre-qualification survey thingy and after answering a few questions they said that I have pre-qualified.

Can someone explain how this works?

Thanks!

We had this discussion after the messages you quoted. Please see the messages above.

They did not change the wording but they stopped sending out gifts for them.

Actually, this is not entirely true. 

I forgot to post, but about a week ago I got a Lancome eyeshadow palette and a Glossy Balm for completing 5 informational surveys. I was the one who originally asked about it and received that email above. I guess they lied? LOL. There is still hope ladies!

Actually, this is not entirely true. 

I forgot to post, but about a week ago I got a Lancome eyeshadow palette and a Glossy Balm for completing 5 informational surveys. I was the one who originally asked about it and received that email above. I guess they lied? LOL. There is still hope ladies!

That is great! Then I should contact them, too. I haven't received any 5 IS gift in years and I should have 5 surveys by now.

That is great! Then I should contact them, too. I haven't received any 5 IS gift in years and I should have 5 surveys by now.

Yeah I would definitely contact them, especially if you have been a member for that long! 

Did anyone else complete the lipstick study where you sent in a selfie and they applied different colors to your lips and asked you for your reactions/thoughts? It was originally a 3 week study that got delayed. I got an email that compensation will be going out this week. This was one of the most fun surveys I have done with the panel and I didn't even get to try on any actual lipstick!

Did anyone else complete the lipstick study where you sent in a selfie and they applied different colors to your lips and asked you for your reactions/thoughts? It was originally a 3 week study that got delayed. I got an email that compensation will be going out this week. This was one of the most fun surveys I have done with the panel and I didn't even get to try on any actual lipstick!

Also was a part of it but didn't finish it till this week. I think it's the most enjoyable I've done so far!

Got the email to confirm today. Can't wait to see what we get!

Is anyone else doing the hair care product testing that starts today? I'm super excited about it!

I am! I know what the little black bottle is by color and shape. Excite!

I just prequalified for a study that already has dates...what does that mean?

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. I think we prequalified for the same study. 

If what you answer in the free response with what exact product you used is something they want to compare the test product against then you will get an email telling you that you're in the study. 

Well actually I think it also means that this study is def happening since they have dates set already so it just depends on whether your answers are what they're looking for at this point 

Edited by nmango

I am! I know what the little black bottle is by color and shape. Excite!

Me too! So excited.

But I'm not digging the first spray so far.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. I think we prequalified for the same study. 

If what you answer in the free response with what exact product you used is something they want to compare the test product against then you will get an email telling you that you're in the study. 

Well actually I think it also means that this study is def happening since they have dates set already so it just depends on whether your answers are what they're looking for at this point 

Huh. Interesting. I've never had that happen before in the 2 or 3 years I've been on the test panel. I've prequalified for stuff, but it was always an if and when we go through with the study. And of course, I've DQ'ed more times than I can count.

Me too! So excited.

But I'm not digging the first spray so far.

Did you get the email and call to switch the sprays? I think the first bundle is all that brand that the black spray is supposed to go with. They emailed and called Thursday telling me that things were packaged wrong. Maybe yours were ok but I'm using the black bottle this week. Edited by Krystyn Lowe

Just signed up.... again. Hopefully they actually send me an email this time about my username and password in two weeks! Last time I swear that they never sent me one, and I really want to start testing these goodies!

Got my compensation for the MC15-70 eyeliner study:

L'oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor in 201 Everlasting Caramel

Maybelline the Falsies Push Up Drama mascara in Brownish Black.

A little disappointed about the lack of expensive stuff, but hey, it's free!

On another note, is anyone else ever excited when they see a product they tested in stores?

I recently found out that an eye shadow crayon I participated in a study for is the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon.

At first, I thought it was a new color for L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow Crayon, but I saw on nouveaucheap that Jan. 2016, a new Eye shadow crayon is coming out and the packaging definitely is like the one I tested. I have a feeling they could be dupes for each other though since they look and perform very similarly. 

First thing I've ever tested, it was a mascara and it was the Maybelline Chaotic Lash. 

Second was a Lip and cheek product which became the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Cheek Flush. Interesting how they don't market it as a lip product in addition to a cheek product. It's definitely only good as a lip balm-type product though, terrible as a cheek product.

Third was the Maybelline Eye shadow crayon and the the most recent one was a liquid eyeliner for which I received the compensation above for today. 

Can't wait to see what the eyeliner is for! I'm guessing it's for a Maybelline product!

• Like 1

Got my MC15-80  mascara comp, and I gotta say that I am quite disappointed. I got another one of those Garnier charcoal face washes (now I have 2 of them plus the grapefruit one -- how much face wash does L'Oreal think we need??) and then a Maybelline Colorblue lip pencil&smudger in "I'm blushing". I tried the whole "smudging" thing and wasn't impressed, but I do like the color of the crayon, so I'll just add that to my collection and use it like I would any other lip crayon.

Did you get the email and call to switch the sprays? I think the first bundle is all that brand that the black spray is supposed to go with. They emailed and called Thursday telling me that things were packaged wrong. Maybe yours were ok but I'm using the black bottle this week.

Yup. I did.  The spray I don't like is the one in the white bottle.

Wow just got confirmed in another study that I prequalified for a few days ago! I thought we couldn't be in two studies simultaneously?! Not complaining though!