Acne Free for 4 weeks now!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had very bad acne for almost my whole teen years and now that im in college.  I have been cleaning my face almost everyday with some stuff i actually got from my mom for my birthday.  We have tried everything and now finally something works before going back to school!  Thank GOD!

What have you been using? That's so good! My skin was always terrible in middle/high school and still isn't great, but it cleared up pretty nicely thanks to a dermatologist's prescription.

I use "Clear" and "Cleanse" by aleavia, the cleanse is a make up remover and facial cleanser, Clear is the stuff that is for acne specifically.  Good luck sweetheart, i hate acne and feel so much more attractive now.  

How bad was your acne? 

We just went to the dr for consult for my son.  His acne is bad ( I don't know how bad in relation to others as my husband and I didn't have acne as teens which makes it very concerning to see it on him).  The doctor gave a prescrip for antibiotics and some cream.  I'll have to look into that Clear stuff. 

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How bad was your acne? 

We just went to the dr for consult for my son.  His acne is bad ( I don't know how bad in relation to others as my husband and I didn't have acne as teens which makes it very concerning to see it on him).  The doctor gave a prescrip for antibiotics and some cream.  I'll have to look into that Clear stuff. 
My acne has been very bad at times (Scars to prove it) and not so bad at others, i had been having a lot of breakouts (just had a baby girl) and came across aleavia's products and am glad i did.  I had about 25 whiteheads when i started using the products.  It has been a Godsend!  The products a Pre-Biotic, not sure if you have read about that yet but its pretty new science in skin care.  Helps control your skins PH Balance by promoting the health of good bacteria.  Hope your son has the same results I've had.  Thanks

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How bad was your acne? 

I've been on tons of antibiotics, the only one that really worked for me was Cephalexin/Keflex! Make sure he takes them regularly or he could build up a resistance to some of them. And beware of doctors who try to push Accutane too fast!

yay!! congratulations!!

I get a few pimples here and there and the Clinique line worked for me.

I have experienced acne problem several times in my life and every time the best products that i found very effective and useful was:

1. Brevoxyl Cream 4% ( its not only helps to get rid from acne but also the scars. Even nobody can say that I ever have a terrible acne on my complete face )
                                           OR

1. On the Spot Acne Treatment by Neutrogena
  2. 15 Azithromycin 500mg Capsule on alternate days for 1 month

Wash your face twice daily with some acne wash soap and use oil free moisturizer. Don't use makeup products when treating with acne.

Latest posts

Back