When applying under eye concealer do you prefer creams, liquids, or powders for photo shoots?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For under eye concealer I never use powder it photographs way too heavy, I only use creams and liquids and never be afraid to mix them by pouncing with a brush never by stirring.

Loreal true match only the W's, Laura mercier sc and the pot I also always have a cream orange it can be a lip stick, cream cheek color or a cream liner to mix in with concealer when the blue under the eye is severe.Givenchy has a beautiful concealer that illuminates the area as well, however it does not cover bad discolorations.

The Makeup Forever HD concealer works well if you don't have a lot of discoloration but great for touch ups as you can layer it.

If you use the HD powder cut it with no color as it always photographs hot.

I keep pretty far away from powder concealers anyway because they have never worked for me, but my favorite would have to be cream. The initial application is fuller on coverage. I do set them with a powder, lightly, since creams can be easily smudged. 

I think the powder concealers are drying, I only use boing cream concealer and I have tried them al!! My daughter models and really likes creams too,She loves almay with a wand its very easy to blend and not drying and it covers well. Im 50 so I need a heavier coverage. Another product we use but hard to find the right color is Lorac concealer its not as creamy as almay but good for photos.Hope this help's.

Originally Posted by DBGenevieve /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MUFE HD liquid concealer

Graftobian HD concealer palette 

Finish with HD powder
I second this, at least as far as the Graftobian HD concealer palette is concerned. I've used it on everyone that's sat in my chair, and I set it with either Koh Gen Do Maifanshi powder, MUFE HD powder, or a CoverFx loose powder. Anything that's translucent or the same skin tone is fine, but be careful with HD powders because they can flash back in photography. I usually top with the powder, let it "cook" (sit and absorb the oils, etc. from the concealer), then dust off any excess and I always finish with a setting spray to give some life back to the skin.

Back