Fave concert performance you attended?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone a fan and enjoy going to concerts? What was your favorite concert you attended and why?

I went to Bumbershoot in Seattle a few years ago and got to see a ton of bands, comedians, and performers and really hit all my sweet spots as far as musical diversity. The Bouncing Souls rocked it out and brought back fond memories of chasing after boys with mohawks, lol. I was introduced to a crazy funk/rock/electronic band from Columbia called Bomba Estereo. The lead is a woman and she just killed it, reminded me of a sexy femme version of Zach de la Rocha(RATM leadman)! They were singing/rapping in Spanish and I was still caught up and dancing around like a besotted fool. Another big highlight was seeing Mary J. Blige and knowing that she could carry a tune and didn't need the lip syncing to blow up the stage. Her voice was beautiful and sounded better live, raw and emotional. 

The best concert I have ever attended was The Journey concert in West Valley, UT recently.

That story is funny because it was a gift from my hubby for our 1st wedding anniversary. He asked me if we want to go to HI or watch the concert to UT because we were weighing the expenses each would incur. He gave me until that night but after 10secs, i said UT.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
He even got us VIP passes which was awesome!

We sat in front row. Saw Pat Benatar and the LoverBoy for opening performance. I am 29 so I am not so familiar with their songs, but man, I love their songs than the songs out now. Hubby even got one of Deen Castronovo's drumstick!

Reason why we wanted to see them is the inspiring story of their lead vocals, Arnel Pineda. We are both Filipinos and it is a great accomplishment that one among your fellowmen are soaring high in that kind of industry.

Best anniversary gift! No regrets!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The best concert I have ever attended was The Journey concert in West Valley, UT recently.

That story is funny because it was a gift from my hubby for our 1st wedding anniversary. He asked me if we want to go to HI or watch the concert to UT because we were weighing the expenses each would incur. He gave me until that night but after 10secs, i said UT.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
He even got us VIP passes which was awesome!

We sat in front row. Saw Pat Benatar and the LoverBoy for opening performance. I am 29 so I am not so familiar with their songs, but man, I love their songs than the songs out now. Hubby even got one of Deen Castronovo's drumstick!

Reason why we wanted to see them is the inspiring story of their lead vocals, Arnel Pineda. We are both Filipinos and it is a great accomplishment that one among your fellowmen are soaring high in that kind of industry.

Best anniversary gift! No regrets!

The original lead singer is still very much alive, but parted ways with the band and refuses to rejoin..ever..I do like Journey's new frontman; he's sounds great, right? I love Journey! I grew up listening to them and every time I hear that song.."When The Lights Go Down" it reminds me of my mom..That was one of her fave songs and I can still remember being a kid and  watching her sway and hum that song softly. Awesome way to spend your anniversary..I'm jelly lol!

The Dixie Chicks!! I miss them~!  They are such cool people, orginals, and i LOVE their songs and videos.

I'm partially deaf . so to me, if people don't make videos (esp w/ CC (closed captions).. I don't listen or find new songs, to watch.

Goodbye Earl, was hilarious and their other videos invoked every other emotion, sad, happy, romantic, fun, etc.

Their stage show was very visual and fun. I think I'd like Taylors Swifts concert, tho I'm probably too old, lol.

Originally Posted by Whispered /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Dixie Chicks!! I miss them~!  They are such cool people, orginals, and i LOVE their songs and videos.

I'm partially deaf . so to me, if people don't make videos (esp w/ CC (closed captions).. I don't listen or find new songs, to watch.

Goodbye Earl, was hilarious and their other videos invoked every other emotion, sad, happy, romantic, fun, etc.

Their stage show was very visual and fun. I think I'd like Taylors Swifts concert, tho I'm probably too old, lol.
My friend is partially deaf; I remember we saw Justin Timberlake for her bday one year and she really dug that..He puts on such a killer performance with the dancing and stage fare...she loved it! Never think you're too old to be going to any kind of concert..you'd be surprised at people you see, all ages, shapes and sizes..you're just coming together to rock out to some killer tunes..who cares? Lol, think of all the older women who flock to Justin Beiber concerts and stuff lol!

Last year I scored tickets to see MTV's VMAs and it was amazing! I was a stage fan and was in the front row inches away from Lady Gaga and Neyo.  There were so many amazing performers like Jay Z and Kanye West, Adele, Bruno Mars tribute to Amy Winehouse and Pitbull!  I also went to Good Morning America's summer concert series last year with Lady Gaga and she was truly incredible. 

The one that changed my life was Poison/Skid Row/Vince Neil at USANA in Utah a few years ago (kind of a long story there).

But the one I STILL get smiles about was Bob Seger last year.

(And I only go to about 30 concerts a year, so it's not like I've got a lot to choose from)

Since student life, I've attended several musical galas, festivals and concerts with full of fun, comedy and music but if you ask about the most memorable ones then Jimmy Buffett & Friends concert at The Beach, Gulf Shores and Kenny Chesney Flora-Bama were the best. One was held in 2010 and second one was organized in 2014. However, on the big demand of kids, I have bought tickets of upcoming concert of Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell & Jon Langston ma. It will be held in Birmingham of Alabama. Yeah! as a mom of music enthusiast teens, I'd taken holidays from my work as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The best concert I have ever attended was by Bohemia: the Punjabi Rapper. He was in Delhi (Lajpat Nagar)
He is my favourite Artist and Rapper. When I saw him for the first time, my soul felt bliss ❤️
All the crowd of fans were going insane about him :) I can't forget that moment and want to attend more and more of his concerts :)

Latest posts

Back