Birchbox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessP

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Crazy to think it's already almost September! Thought we could begin a new discussion about the September Birchbox - hopefully it contains some fall-themed items!

I hope it's good...and I kinda really hope they don't just "recycle" products which have been around for months.  It sucks cause I like BB and I try to enjoy or use what I get even if it's not something I would buy myself, but I don't know how they want people to purchase from the BB store when you know months later you might get samples of something you've bought (obviously a chance anyway, but what I mean is if you see something you like from August's box while they have free shipping and extra points and all and then since they recycle a lot you end up getting a sample in November).  Yea, they don't know what you've bought yourself at Sephora or Ulta or wherever, but there should be a way to track what you buy on their shop so they don't send you a sample 4 months later.  Unless of course it's the Stila liner cause I'd be ok with that.  P.S.--I'm hoping one of these months I actually get a Stila product cause it's one of my favs and they feature it every month and I haven't gotten anything from them yet!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

agreed! I am so over sunscreen, tanning products, and neon colors! bring on fall colors!!!
Yes I'm ready for Fall too!!

Im not excited for anything in particular (fall themed or fall colors) but I do want this box to be better than August. And I hope I get something full sized!
biggrin.gif

Curious to know - for those of you who received last year's September/fall Birchboxes, did you notice a (better) difference between it and summer boxes? I keep hearing that fall boxes are usually better for some reason, so it'd be interesting to see if it's true!

I'm hoping for new products too.  The anticipation and waiting for the next box is so fun for me and I'm glad that September is so close! 

im more of a fall/winter girl so i am very excited i have fair, dry skin and dark dry curly hair so i fell like more products will work for me..

i do love neons though and i wear them year round

Excited for September.  

In my opinion my August box was BAD.  They have nowhere to go but up for me!   LOL   
rotfl.gif

Quote: Curious to know - for those of you who received last year's September/fall Birchboxes, did you notice a (better) difference between it and summer boxes? I keep hearing that fall boxes are usually better for some reason, so it'd be interesting to see if it's true!

September of last year was, hands down, the worst Birchbox I had ever received. Including that ridiculous Lash Card. 
I was pissed, ranted a bit on Facebook, and one of the owners of the company called me to discuss it. lol

I was promised things would improve, and when we were done, she asked if there was any deluxe sample I would like to try from other boxes, as a thanks for talking to her.

I told her to surprise me(mistake!). A week later, she sent me a shampoo foil packet. 
*facepalm*

I stayed on for 2 more months. Not a thing improved, so I cancelled.

Then I resubscribed in April or May(don't remember which). Things have been good since then for me. I think my expectations are lower this time, though.

If ever get a lash card again, though.... cancelling on the spot!

edit: and for the record, my July boxes last year were STELLAR. The Cynthia Rowley ones remain my favourites.

Just canceled my 2nd Birchbox account and signed up for Sample Society...not really sure how I feel about Birchbox at the moment.  I'm in the same boat as some others...nowhere to go but up, lowered expectations, yada yada.  Ugh.  But here's hoping for an awesome month that makes me want my 2nd account back!  Lol. 

ok, so i've been subbed for over 6 months now, and it seems like every other month has been a "sponsored" month. i feel like if september was sponsored we would've heard about it by now, at least that's how it usually goes. i guess you never know though!

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Excited for September.  

In my opinion my August box was BAD.  They have nowhere to go but up for me!   LOL   
rotfl.gif
Same. Birchbox is on probation with me. All of my boxes have been items that were really not my preference or items I would never use. I think a lot of us have different ideas of what makes a box good. Either this will change my mind or I will come to the conclusion that BB is just not my cup of tea.

I'm guessing we will get a nail polish or some kind of hand cream/lotion.  Just my opinion.  I agree that anything will be better than August!

I really hope that they make September freaking amazing. After having so many upset subscribers in August, you would think they'd be trying to redeem themselves. I know a lot of people (myself included) threatened to cancel if things don't shape up, from the quality of the samples to the horrible customer service and the crazy shipping issues (which I feel can't be ALL USPS's fault since there has been so much in the past few months), to the inequality of the items in the boxes, they have some serious making up to us to do!! They really need to step it up if they don't want to lose good customers! I'm really hoping they have something awesome in store for their 2 year anniversary!

Quote:Originally Posted by wels5711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dang am I the only one who kinda liked the August box?

I was good with mine. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back