Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JessP

Birchbox - September 2012

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 View Post

 

i got the wrapp GC but I dont know how to use it

 

I downloaded the app on my android and i can find all my giftcards in my "wallet" there.. Whenever you want to use it (when you go to sephora) you hit the button "use in store"! I'm not sure if you can use them online though... unsure.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started to use my sample of Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum. There was hardly anything in it! That tube is huge and looks like a deluxe sample. WTH? Should I complain? Do you think they did that on purpose? I mean, that is a total bait and switch to show us that big tube and then only put one use into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Moonittude View Post

 

I just started to use my sample of Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum. There was hardly anything in it! That tube is huge and looks like a deluxe sample. WTH? Should I complain? Do you think they did that on purpose? I mean, that is a total bait and switch to show us that big tube and then only put one use into it.

Not unlike the Dr Jart issue a few months back, although BB's response then was "Well, that's what they sent us". They did, however, re-send and/or compensate with points, IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Moonittude View Post

 

I just started to use my sample of Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum. There was hardly anything in it! That tube is huge and looks like a deluxe sample. WTH? Should I complain? Do you think they did that on purpose? I mean, that is a total bait and switch to show us that big tube and then only put one use into it.

 

I received some samples directly from Caudalie last month, including the Firming Serum. The sample they provided me is exactly how you describe it - looks like a deluxe but has a small amount in the tube. So, this is the amount that Caudalie intends to provide. The sample size isn't at the fault of Birchbox, but you can still send an email! Even if they don't send you another sample or provide you with points, it'll give them a heads up that their customers would like larger sample sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

 

 

It is likely that you are only subscribed for some of their emails, as I get emailed by them almost every day/every other day and had four emails between the bareminerals and guerlain emails.

 

Welp, I still haven't gotten MORE emails from Sephora as a result... I've actually not received any since I got their response. :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Welp, I still haven't gotten MORE emails from Sephora as a result... I've actually not received any since I got their response. :|
You know, it's really interesting that you mention this because I updated my e-mail addy with them like two weeks ago and have not received anything since and I mean nothing except the change of addy e-mail. I used to get communication from them constantly and now, nothing. I finally gave in and called them this weekend and got no real answer or resolution. I suppose it can take a few weeks to update but they weren't sure. I mean, seriously. I mentioned that with the holiday season almost upon us, I don't want to miss any promos. I haven't even received any of the 500 point perk e-mails recently. I just want my e-mails... :( (Btw, I couldn't find the original post on this but did a similar thing cause your e-mails to stop, too?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quickest way to get more emails from sephora is to make an order online or use your BI card at a B&M sephora store. same with ulta. 

 

every single time I do this, the number of emails I get from them explodes.

 

 

not saying you should do this just to get the emails. lol

just that when you do make an order or purchase, it should pick up more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dots View Post

 

 
You know, it's really interesting that you mention this because I updated my e-mail addy with them like two weeks ago and have not received anything since and I mean nothing except the change of addy e-mail. I used to get communication from them constantly and now, nothing. I finally gave in and called them this weekend and got no real answer or resolution. I suppose it can take a few weeks to update but they weren't sure. I mean, seriously. I mentioned that with the holiday season almost upon us, I don't want to miss any promos. I haven't even received any of the 500 point perk e-mails recently. I just want my e-mails... frown.gif

(Btw, I couldn't find the original post on this but did a similar thing cause your e-mails to stop, too?)

 

LOL, to summarise the whole mess, there was an email about a BI deal that was super awesome which I never got, even though I got a bunch of emails from them before and after. I sent them an email asking why I was excluded from the mailing and they gave me the reason that it was because I set my email status on not receiving, which is hilarious and false because I got so many emails from them every week. The person who answered my ticket said that they set my status back on getting everything, but now I've gotten NOTHING for more than a week so... yeah. That made it worse, not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lovelywhim View Post

 

 

I received some samples directly from Caudalie last month, including the Firming Serum. The sample they provided me is exactly how you describe it - looks like a deluxe but has a small amount in the tube. So, this is the amount that Caudalie intends to provide. The sample size isn't at the fault of Birchbox, but you can still send an email! Even if they don't send you another sample or provide you with points, it'll give them a heads up that their customers would like larger sample sizes.

 

Thank you to both of you who replied about this. I checked the tube again and it says .2 oz, whereas what it contained was more like .02 or .01 oz. It's good to know that it isn't BB's fault, but I'm going to complain anyway (nicely) because that is BS for Caudalie to send anybody samples that say .2 and only contain .02oz. For the record, it was very smelly, so much so that it made my eyes water a lot. I would never pay that much money for a serum that can't go anywhere near my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird...I just had to "update" my account info, which hasn't changed. Luckily I noticed the $10 hadn't come out on the first like usual, or I probably would've never received my box! Here's hoping it's not late again this month b/c of this!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quickest way to get more emails from sephora is to make an order online or use your BI card at a B&M sephora store. same with ulta.  every single time I do this, the number of emails I get from them explodes. not saying you should do this just to get the emails. lol just that when you do make an order or purchase, it should pick up more.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but was trying so hard to be good until two weeks from now but also don't wanna miss out on anything good. I did sign up for that Fan Friday deal though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Moonittude View Post

 

 

Thank you to both of you who replied about this. I checked the tube again and it says .2 oz, whereas what it contained was more like .02 or .01 oz. It's good to know that it isn't BB's fault, but I'm going to complain anyway (nicely) because that is BS for Caudalie to send anybody samples that say .2 and only contain .02oz. For the record, it was very smelly, so much so that it made my eyes water a lot. I would never pay that much money for a serum that can't go anywhere near my eyes.

 

Actually while it may be cruddy, the company can package however they choose. The same happened with the Dr. Jart debacle in packaging a small amount in such a large tube. It may cost more to manufacture smaller tubes more appropriate to sample sizing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to me, too. I got the MMT in Linen, and I liked it a lot, but I am extremely fair (indicated on my BB profile) and usually anything darker than any company's lightest shade looks orange on me. Good news, though: I read around on some blogs and it turns out that Jouer is really wonderful about sending samples to folks who want to try things before they buy them. I emailed, asking if there was a way to purchase samples of a couple of different shades of MMT and LMT so I could see which color I need, and they offered to send me any samples I wanted for free. I asked for LMT in opal and pearl, and MMT in porcelain. I ended up getting two packets each of all of those, plus a sample size of their lip enhancer. Talk about excellent customer care. Love love love Jouer! 

 

I did end up buying the full size MMT in porcelain from Birchbox, too, so I don't even feel guilty for getting all those free samples. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • My personal recommendation would be the beauty products from Spa Ceylon, a Sri Lankan brand that combine Ayurvedic ingredients to form natural beauty products. A favourite would be the Neem & Tea Tree Purifying Mineral Masque as it worked wonders on my sensitive blemished skin.
    • I need to do western blot of RBC globin but i can't find how to extract globin from the cells. I will use anti-AGE antibody. Did somebody do something like that? Thank everybody for answers!               show box  
    • Step #1: Select the best Wella Toner as the above tips. Step #2: Next, mix up the Wella hair toner. Step #3: Now shampoo your hair. Step #4: Time to apply the Wella hair toner onto places that need it the most. Step #5: Now you can leave Wella hair toner to process for about 5 minutes as per your need of to neutralize, brighten or deepen hair. Step #6: wash your hair and applies hair conditioner to rehydrate your colored hair. Don’t shampoo your hair again. It will ruin your entire effort. AND How do you use a Wella toner?
    • My skin is dark in color. Is it possible to undergo skin whitening treatment? Is there any cream or lotion which can be used? I heard about  APT Medical Aesthetics that they provide various treatments, but didn't know more about them. Is there anyone who had heard about them? Please suggest me good treatment for solving my problem.
    • I have the same skin problem! But I put up, started working hard. I went to a maxi casino and won my first million, after which I had an operation, now there are no problems with girls and acne. Believe in yourself the main thing! Just have a peek at these guys!

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×