Maybelline LE Fall 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I wandered through Walgreens and Rite Aid the other day and saw this: 

Shades are: Downtown Brown, Auburn Ablaze, Metal Icon, Boho Gold, Avante Green, Pink Cosmo

Source

Source

Swatches of the Color Tattoo pots.. Barely Beige, Gold Shimmer, Mossy Green, and Rich Mohogany 

Source

It's apparently the Fall Limited Edition 2012 collection by Maybelline. I managed to scrounge up some pics to show off the colors. The color choices are perfect for transitioning into fall, very earthy and warm! If you like drugstore brands, then maybe you should check this out.

I actually bought the nail polish in Boho Gold, which I keep hearing is a possible dupe for OPI's Just Spotted the Lizard or Chanel's Peridot. I also snagged the Color Tattoo in Barely Beige, which I thought would be a great base. I'm tempted to go back for the rest, but want to test out what I got first. 

I was way more interested in this than I expected.  The polishes really caught my eye.  It's possible that Boho Gold is a little more bronzey than Chanel Peridot, but I think there's some disagreement on that online.  If you haven't acquired your version of this, now is a good chance.

I am pretty sure I'm going to pick up barely beige this week.  It's one of those colors you can wear everyday if you're keeping it simple.  I was actually intrigued by the lipsticks as well as they seemed like some really pretty soft neutral browns, but I couldn't really find swatches to convince me.  Someone else was also raving about the eyeshadow quads and I believe olive martini has a MAC club dupe.

Great colors from Maybelline, it seems.  I'm really in the mood for fall now!

I know..I was super taken by the display and thought..eh why not? It's only a few dollars and I know Rite Aid has a good return policy on makeup. I had to go through Walgreens and Rite Aid because both displays were getting skimpy. So I asked store associates and was assured they plan on restocking lol. I think after swatching/wearing, I probably will go back and at least buy the Mossy Green color tattoo pot and probably more nail polishes lol. Drugstore brands really seem to be stepping it up with more interesting products to compete with HE brands..I like it!

I know where a brand new untouched display is in town, but I got into an amusing extrabucks altercation there the other day (they weren't printing and the lady was being weird and indignant with me only printing up half instead of the full amount), and I'm not to keen on going back to that location.  Funny, but still awkward.  Hah.

These displays are pretty annoying to track down sometimes because it's so seemingly random who gets what and when they put it out.  Happy hunting all.

Those colors look great, I stay away from drugstore brands, but may make an exception.  I just bought China Glaze Rare and Radiant which is a dupe for Peridot and Just Spotted the Lizard, and agree this one seems to be a bit more bronze/goldish.  Close enough though!

Great colours! I'm impressed by the 'true-ness' of the pigments. I like that they're got the traditional fall colours, but with a metallic twist and a pink hilite shade thrown in-It reminds me of my favourite Laura Mercier baked shadow. I'm the kind of person who would wear all those shadows at once lol!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know..I was super taken by the display and thought..eh why not? It's only a few dollars and I know Rite Aid has a good return policy on makeup. I had to go through Walgreens and Rite Aid because both displays were getting skimpy. So I asked store associates and was assured they plan on restocking lol. I think after swatching/wearing, I probably will go back and at least buy the Mossy Green color tattoo pot and probably more nail polishes lol. Drugstore brands really seem to be stepping it up with more interesting products to compete with HE brands..I like it!
Every now and then you'll find a real gem of a cheaper line or even a great collection like this. Here in Canada you can find this collection and those cheaper brands at:

Shoppers Drug Mart

WalMart

Superstore

London Drugs

Zellers (soon to be Targets! Woo!)

Safeway

barely beige looks amazing hoping its already at my cvs. My town seems to always be the last to get new stuff

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

barely beige looks amazing hoping its already at my cvs. My town seems to always be the last to get new stuff
I checked two different stores because some of the items were already snatched up. Just check with sales associates' to see if and when they'll be restocking. Last week, the whole Maybelline brand was buy one, get one 50% off..but I missed out lol. Hopefully, next week there'll be a sale and help me justify going nuts and wanting to picking up everything else ...!

I finally picked these up yesterday after hunting for them for a few days. They are GORGEOUS and the texture is better than the permanent color tattoos. I can't believe they are limited edition. 

So I saw a preview ad for Walgreens and my local stores will be putting Maybelline products buy one get one 50%, starting tomorrow. I'm going to pick up some more lol.

I'm really wanting to try some of these. I'm from Texas, but stationed in the UK with my husband, so if anyone wants to swap, I'd ne very interested! I'm wanting quite a few items from this collection. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my cvs finally has these and i got the barely beige and the nail polish in downtown brown, cant wait to go back for more!

My Target got the Jewel tone Fall collection and I got one of each. I can't wait to try them out! I love these color tattoos. I was considering Makeup For Ever's cream shadows but I'm glad I skipped. They are so expensive. I'm looking out for any more displays!  

I wasn't interested either until I saw the display & now I've been eyeing mossy green color tattoo, I'm just crossing my fingers I'm not too late 

I ended up getting all 4 of the color tattoos in the swatches and am pretty pleased so far. I use the beige as a base, like a prime pot and am still playing with the others. Cream shadows are a new thing for me, but I'm liking it so far.

I have been looking for these for 3 weeks.  I kept checking the drug stores, but nobody had the new display yet.  This weekend I finally found Gold Shimmer in Walgreens, but all the othrs were sold out.  I went to 5 other stores that either didn't have the displaay or replaced to sold out colors with the regular colors.  I then found Test My Teal at Target with the other jewel tones that I was not interested in.  I check more stores and found Mossy Green at a Rite Aid, but they were sold out of the others except Gold Shimmer which I had already found.  Once I saw that the display in RiteAid had a separate small display for the Color Tattoos, I decided to try the RiteAid by me again, and found the Rich Mahogany and Barely Beige.  After 3 weeks I finally found all the colors I wanted.  Yay so happy.

Latest posts

Back