What hair texture do you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how all the different types of hair textures break down around here! So tell us... what texture is your hair? Anything else interesting about it? Do you like it, or do you wish it were different? Do you rock the natural texture or change it up?

My hair is naturally straight, and I usually wear it that way, and most days I also run a straightener through it to make it sleeker and more polished looking. I'm lucky that it's mostly straight in that I don't have to section it off like a lot of girls with wavier hair do.

But when it comes to curls it's more work - my hair is very fine but because it's straight it lays flat so there's a LOT more there than it looks like. Whenever I see vids online when people are sectioning off their hair to curl it... I have a LOT more sections to work with on mine so it takes way longer! LOL

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have stick straight hair all the way down to my tooshy. I used to hate it but I get compliments on it a lot when I leave it natural. I can curl it or do all sorts of hairdos with it so I guess I just grew into it.

Asian - thick, course, straight when short, wavy when it gets longer maybe...straight most times.  

Weird hair lol.. frizzy, fine, with 2/3 super tight curly hair and maybe 1/3 straight/wavy hair on bottom..grow out and damage from relaxing/heat styling..

I have straight hair from root to 4". Then it becomes wavy or curly to ringlets. And it is frizzy from root to ends. I guess I'm more a 2c but with ringlets.

I have straight, thick hair. It looks great when I wear it down. No complaints there. But it never wants to stay put when I try to wear it up. Or it tricks me. Updo looks great in the morning but then by the time I'm off the subway and in the office...it's a flop.  

I have really long thick wavy hair & i love it! I used to straighten it everyday but now I embrace the natural texture sometimes I even put it in braids then sleep on it to give it more wave.

Mine is only slightly wavy, which means I either have to curl it or straighten it. I can never just wash and go. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's also slightly coarse too. In other words, it's annoying! 

Straight & Fine, never have been happy with my hair.  I wish I could have nice thick, pretty hair :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Straight, fine and dark brown. My hair was mega curly as a little kid as I grew up my hair became straighter. Now it hold a curl for  .5 seconds. 

i have long wavy frizzy hair, although now that i have been using a deep hair mask it isnt as frizzy and I love it!

Mine's pretty wavy. It gets super fluffy and big. I'm trying to grow out my layers (which is taking forever)

and so some parts like to do this little flip thing at the ends.

I hate that! ): but i do have a lot of hair, its just at different lengths.

I'm actually on a heat strike now. Since I color parts of my hair blonde,

it gets straw-like when I straighten too much, which I was... booooo.

I try to find any way I can to not use heat though. So like I do

the "no heat curls" or just put into a bun or ponytail... and somedays I leave it down. lol

Mine use to be super thick when I was younger then after having kids not so much but I do still have my ringlets. My hair will go from wavy to ringlets depending on the weather and product I apply to my hair.

My hair used to be straight, but after having kids, it became wavy. My hair is thick and has a mind of it's own, so I usually keep it shorter, like chin length. But summer came, and I got bold and went for a pixie cut! Love being able to take 20 minutes to do my hair and be done! However, it's fall now, so growing it out is a challenge!

my hair is VERY thick, I keep it straight but the second it gets wet, it curls up. I wish the texture of my curls were alot softer and tame lol but I just look crazy! whatever I love my curls anyway 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Very, very thick wavy hair. My hair dresser couldn't believe how much hair I have. My hair is usually hard to style and most of the time I don't like it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a wavy long thick hair but i  want to have my hair straight naturally. what should i do to have them straight. Any hair care tips for straightening of hair naturally.

Mine is only slightly wavy, which means I either have to curl it or straighten it. I can never just wash and go. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's also slightly coarse too. In other words, it's annoying! 
my hair exactly! No matter what i do/try, it has to be styled. Its very annoying :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back