Crossdressing as the bride

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies im new here and an aspiring crossdresser. iI thought that going bridal would be a good way to be symbolic of my first try as a cd, but i dont know where to start. I wad hoping to get some help and ideas on bridal attire and beauty since this is all new to me. Im in the nyc/nj area. Thanks

First what's your price point? Even real brides have budgets on the dress. Then what style are you going for? Modern, traditional...? Are you looking for an A-line style dress, ballgown, mermaid...? There was an episode of RuPaul's Drag Race from a few years ago where the contestants dressed as brides, you might find some inspiration from that.

Well I guess I dont have a set budget and I really want to go all out since this will be my first time.The dress? Maybe an a-line with straps? And definitely the shoes and full makeup too.

Vintage dresses are much cheaper. Consignment or used clothing stores always have some wedding dresses. You can also rent bridal dresses as well.

Thanks for welcoming me.  I would like to get serious about dresses, but I am not sure where to start.  Could anyone suggest a good place to go for dresses in the nj/nyc area that would be ok with me?  Thanks in advance.

I don't live in that area so it's hard to make a suggestion, bumping in hopes that another member can make recommendations.

I recommend following some MtF tutorials on youtube in regards to the makeup side of it. As told and said before me, males have square faces, whereas, females have rounded ones. If you want to get this going and looking right, it's best to learn to contour and have mastery at it. It would suck putting a load of cash into a dress just to not look the part, as well as having to redo the makeup so much that you risk getting some on the dress.

If you want to be convincing, I'd highly suggest a true corset with the dress. My shop does a real corset that can be simple or elaborately hand beaded worn externally, with a fancy (or not so fancy) matching bridal skirt underneath. I am not talking plastic-boned play corsets. I'm talking give-you-a-waist-and-cleavage-even-with-no-boobies corsets. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  And we have a lot of cross-dressers, drag queens and transitioning clients.

Price point is huge though. And any shop should be able to evaluate your shape and give you suggestions as to what would be most flattering, if you need help with that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh, and there are a lot of MtF makeup tutorials out there...if nothing else, you could look at your favorite drag queen (I <3 willam belli) and just be a little less...drag-y. =p Or even get a makeup artist to help you.

If said body is a gift of God, then a good wedding dress is the gift of bride herself.
beer.gif

Latest posts

Back