September 2012 Official No/Low Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see one of these yet and was like, huh...let's get one started or is everyone planning on going  off the deep end? LOL..I'm sticking with a low buy and trying to just do drugstore items this month and save my HE purchases for closer to the holidays.

LBB scares me..lol I would probably be homeless with a lot of nice new shiny baubles and bags if I got started on that!

I also have some skin sensitivities to jewelry, so I may end up green or in hives..lol, I best stay away. I may splurge on a new bag, but that'll be a Christmas present, so not any time soon. As far as cosmetics goes, I'm definitely trying to hold off large purchases in anticipation for holiday sales. Zoya got me last month lol, but I think I have enough polish to play with for a while and am content.

I'm going for a no buy.  I was planning on getting a couple Butter London polishes at Ulta when they're BOGO next week, but after trying one I didn't think it was any better than my Zoya's so I'm saving the $.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also have some skin sensitivities to jewelry, so I may end up green or in hives..lol, I best stay away. I may splurge on a new bag, but that'll be a Christmas present, so not any time soon. As far as cosmetics goes, I'm definitely trying to hold off large purchases in anticipation for holiday sales. Zoya got me last month lol, but I think I have enough polish to play with for a while and am content.
Same here.. cheap jewelry makes me break out if it's made of any metal.

I just wanted this wallet soo bad and couldn't find it elsewhere.

del_sparkle_baby_flip_wallet_blu_4849_001_250.jpg
del_sparkle_baby_flip_wallet_blu_4849_003_105.jpg

It has 10 card slots and 2 zip pockets and another pocket.. and I've been on the hunt for a wallet similar to it for years now.

Amber, that's a gorgeous bling wallet! Nice lol @LisaN, I'm becoming devoted to Zoya. They seem to be the polishes I always reach for now. I still have unopened Julep and other brands sitting around, waiting to be used.. I think I'll be limiting my polish buys now, since I'm loving Zoya so much.

Amber, that's a gorgeous bling wallet! Nice lol

@LisaN, I'm becoming devoted to Zoya. They seem to be the polishes I always reach for now. I still have unopened Julep and other brands sitting around, waiting to be used.. I think I'll be limiting my polish buys now, since I'm loving Zoya so much.
My first Zoya was the blogger collection.  I love the jellies!  I'm wearing Adina now and I love it so much.  With the BOGO I bought colors I wouldn't normally wear and I'm loving them.

If you hadn't started this, I was going to do it tonight!

I was all set to declare September a no-buy, since the low-buys have been going well.  But then I got a coupon for Ellis Faas.  And now I'm trying to decide if I should go for it. There are at least 2 eyeshadows I'd want to get...it's super pricy.  Using the coupon would be good.  But not buying at all would be better.  Argh!  Does anyone know if Ellis Faas has sales every couple of months?  They were only barely on my radar before Glossybox, but now I'm really interested in the brand. 

I'm just going to keep telling myself the holidays are coming soon, which means..SALES! Lol, that's my mantra this month.

I think I might cave and do an order through Ulta tomorrow. My fave Tarte mascara is going on sale and I can stock up.

I am definitely on a super low/no buy this month. I need to be good and am putting in as much time as possible at work. I really wanted to get a couple Butter London's on Monday when they do the B1G1, but I am telling myself that there will always be new colors and sales. Plus, a bunch of the companies will be doing the F&F Sales starting soon, including Sephora, so I can wait till then. It's odd, when u first stop making purchases, it is so difficult but then, you realize, the want for the items passes and it becomes easier and u think 10 times if u really need the item. Plus, there is something super liberating about trying to finish all the products I already have. With that being said...there is one toner I always use regardless of what else I am using...I have been out of it for almost two weeks now and received notice yesterday that they are doing a GWP...should I go and purchase it or just try and use the products I have for now? Not certain...

Is the toner a staple? You mentioned you use other brands. Maybe just use what you have and replace as needed?

Starting today, I'm putting myself on a serious no buy for at least a month. In the last week and a half or so, I have spent way too much money on makeup and nail polish. I've been doing some serious emotional shopping and every time I was feeling down, I dropped money on makeup. When I added it all up, I actually felt sick. I wanted to save up for a pair of Doc Martens anyways, so I figured now is as good a time as any to buckle down and only buy the essentials. Good luck to all of you and may the odds be ever in your favor. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is the toner a staple? You mentioned you use other brands. Maybe just use what you have and replace as needed?
It is a staple and I can go without it for a week or two but then my skin misses it. Lol. It's the one thing I use twice a day regardless of other face products. I usually buy two of them at one time so I always have a back up but am totally out at this point. Plus, the GWP this time is pretty good and has some full sizes. I think I just talked myself into it because it is a super staple...

Lol @ the Hunger Games bit. Good luck on your no buy. Are any of your purchases returnable? When my impulse shopping was really bad, I used to leave my purchases in a pile. If it didn't get used within a week, I'd start returning things one by one. Keeping receipts and reviewing totals might help, too, once you tally the amount spent. I used to love Doc Marten's..always wanted a baby blue knee high pair, but settled for some cute red one's back in high school.

Lol @ the Hunger Games bit. Good luck on your no buy. Are any of your purchases returnable? When my impulse shopping was really bad, I used to leave my purchases in a pile. If it didn't get used within a week, I'd start returning things one by one. Keeping receipts and reviewing totals might help, too, once you tally the amount spent. I used to love Doc Marten's..always wanted a baby blue knee high pair, but settled for some cute red one's back in high school.
Oh I'm sure I could return things. I might have to start trying putting everything in a pile and seeing what I actually use. Thanks for the advice. I'm super determined this time. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

After a couple of really great months, I caved.  Bought the 2 Eliis Faas eyeshadows.  On the plus side, I was able to test them out at a counter, so talked myself out of 4 products down to 2.  And I got a discount.  But still, no buy for the rest of the month.  And I still need to use up at least 5 products.  However, the using up is going well--I've managed a few already.

Latest posts

Back