POPSUGAR Must Have - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessP

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Who here is signed up for September? I had to cancel just because I don't have room in the budget, but I'm excited to see what goodies they have in store for this month!

I am getting this months box. After octobers box i may cancel that is when my sub is up:) i do look foward to the boxss but i dont wanna spend that much for a box when i can have 3 other ones together for this price!

I am still subscribed. I really want them to do a fashion themed box this month. The teaser says something about fashion week, but doesn't explicitly promise anything specific. I really loved both boxes (would have loved this last box more had I got a different fragrance) but $35 is sort of prohibitive being a monthly charge. Not that they haven't been worthwhile so far, but it's cutting into my budget that I would otherwise blow on completely different frivolous things.

Fashion would be fun:) when do they tell us?? I thoughtht we knew the theme right away last time??

I'm supposed to get a free box, so I'm definitely sticking around for this one!  I was planning to stay anyway because I really enjoyed the first two boxes, but this free month just gives me more incentive.  I'm hoping it's not *too* fashion-y because my preferences and fashion rarely line up.  But the first two boxes have been so all over the place even with what seemed like fairly solid themes that I have a feeling this month will be just as random, which I consider to be a good thing.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm supposed to get a free box, so I'm definitely sticking around for this one!  I was planning to stay anyway because I really enjoyed the first two boxes, but this free month just gives me more incentive.  I'm hoping it's not *too* fashion-y because my preferences and fashion rarely line up.  But the first two boxes have been so all over the place even with what seemed like fairly solid themes that I have a feeling this month will be just as random, which I consider to be a good thing.
Some has commented before that this box seems to be aimed at a slightly older audience than many of the others, so I'm not too worried about the kind of fashion they might include. I think in any season there is typically something that very "hot" that is also considered classic? They haven't asked us any of our sizes, so they're going to be restricted to things like sunglasses, hats, scarves, or fashion jewelry. Maybe I'm mostly just curious to see what they think we'll like. When they did "beauty" they gave us a nude polish as well as a vibrant trendy one, and two very classic lip colors, so I'm inclined to trust them not to try and dress me like Rhianna or Gaga.

I am still signed up.  I have some free months from referrals, but I'd probably pay even if I didn't.  PopSugar has me sucked in.  In a weird way, I love that I have no clue what could be coming in the box on a monthly basis.

I had a dream about the September Popsugar last night. LOL! I don't think what I dreamed is something that would happen, but I'll tell you about it anyway. I dreamed that the theme was fashion, and they send us each four pairs of really great shoes. One of the was a great pair of boots. There was also so interesting food and some makeup. Everyone was so excited and happy, except the people who had canceled. Isn't that funny? I guess dream Popsugar magically knew our shoe sizes.

I just emailed them and told them I want to cancel. I payed for the August box and I still haven't received it. It says in transit still. I told them, but they never replied. Hopefully they won't make me pay for the September one too since I never even got the August one.

BEST. DREAM.EVER! i WISH! lets see what this month brings. i liked last month. it was my first box. i thought the amount of items we got and the dollar amount we paid was fair. i love my Baggu and my diffuser.

Originally Posted by Jo Cres /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BEST. DREAM.EVER! i WISH! lets see what this month brings. i liked last month. it was my first box. i thought the amount of items we got and the dollar amount we paid was fair. i love my Baggu and my diffuser.
I know, right? I think it was an omen.

Originally Posted by Val Erler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried cancelling today and it says my last box will be the september one.  ugh
I went in today to cancel so that I could re-order with a promo code for $10 off (I'm month-to-month) but got the message that "Your subscription is paid until September 2012. Canceling your subscription will stop any further credit card charges. Your last shipment will be the September 2012 bag. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].

[SIZE=10pt]Are you sure you want to cancel your subscription?â€[/SIZE]

FAQ says to cancel before 15 days before the end of the month which would be Saturday ...  and my card has not been charged yet.  I emailed them, we'll see I guess ...  The August bag was my first and I was on the fence about staying on for another month since it is $35 and while the "value" makes it worth it, the August "big ticket" item wasn't something I would have bought on my own even for a lower price.  $10 isn't huge in the grand scheme of things but I would rather have the September box at $25 while I decide if I want to stay on as a subscriber!  LOL!

Originally Posted by Val Erler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried cancelling today and it says my last box will be the september one.  ugh
I just got this reply back from them - still time to cancel and not pay for September (if you didn't cancel anyway)

"[SIZE=9pt]POPSUGAR Must Have Support, Sep 13 14:32 (ADT):[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Hi Rachelle,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Thanks for your email. We apologize for the confusion! If you cancel now you will not be charged nor receive the September box. As long as you cancel your account prior to September billing, which occurs around the 25th, you will not be charged for the September box.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Thanks,[/SIZE]

POPSUGAR Support"

i was going to ask the same thing. i have not seen ANY for this month and usually by this time we have several of them. what the freak! i usually don't want to know but i always cave and look ! i chose the mystery sample this month on beauty army and thats gonna bug me till i get my box which i dont get until the end of the month. gaaahhhhh

So I caved and subscribed again. I was disappointed with the first month but happier with the 2nd one so I came back....

This is what it says on their site. I'm hoping it has something to do with fall or fashion. Back to school not so much!

What better way to celebrate the beginning of Fall, Fashion Week fun, and back-to-school excitement than by treating yourself to the POPSUGAR Must Have box?

Where did you get the $10 code?  On the August thread there are a bunch that don't work.  I'd like to try this box (I have only done bb to now) but can't justify without a code!  Wish I could find one for half off like last month!!  Wish I had seen it last month - I'd heard about sprout and would have loved to try! Thanks ladies!

Back