Best drugstore eyelash curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to know what eyelash curler from the drugstores are your favorite? Mostly that work best for stick straight short eyelashes. I usually use Shu uemura or Shiseido eyelash curlers but I can not afford them at the moment. Thanks!

Originally Posted by drugstorebeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ive tried several and i think Revlon makes the best one
is that the one with thats black with the red pad?

~ Thanks for this post!.This is the BEST curler I have ever tried and I love/need curlers! I am always looking for tips about eyelashes, mascara, as I have really such super straight lashes and when a curl lasts makes my eyes look bigger and gorgeous..   I so love sharing with others about great products I have tried ~ The best ever`` eyelash curler I have ever found is the Hot Lashes eyelash curler, makeup Artist kit. Loved the reviews on Amazon and was impressed. There is also a site of the same name Hot Lashes.com.   This curler is exactly like the gold Shu Uemura curler with a sturdy 24K gold plated curler and this small pink heater base. Keeps my straight lashes curling till the next day....and no crimp, only a curl..I so HTH~

Aww ....  i dont curl mine though, it never works they just looks bent. lol i actually like them straight and whatever.. no one else seems to notice they arent curled

I love the E.L.F. curler. is only one dollar and it does the best for me. I also use the E.L.F. mini lash curler i found at big lots! It gets all of my lashes!

I tried the NYC's eyelash curler for a while. I liked it but it started bending my lashes rather than curling them. I'm in the market for a new one right now. 

Ditto the ELF Eyelash curler.  Only $1 and it works great!!  
I love the E.L.F. curler. is only one dollar and it does the best for me. I also use the E.L.F. mini lash curler i found at big lots! It gets all of my lashes!
Thanks, I gotta try it then and it's only a dollar so why not?!

Like everyone says above ELF I have the most short thick straight eyelashes and their eyelash curler works great.

Originally Posted by KatieM12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by blushingsooner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ditto the ELF Eyelash curler.  Only $1 and it works great!!
Originally Posted by makeupfever87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Like everyone says above ELF I have the most short thick straight eyelashes and their eyelash curler works great.
Originally Posted by t92341 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the ELF curler!

Thanks so much! The elf curler works great, just as good as my $18 dollar shiseido one! Even better that its only $1 
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by AalaMargaret /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww ....  i dont curl mine though, it never works they just looks bent. lol i actually like them straight and whatever.. no one else seems to notice they arent curled
I find that no matter what curler I use, the real trick is to clamp down with a light hand, and also to curl up along your lashes, rather than just at the base! Definitely gives a more natural curl, not the "bent" look mentioned above.

I like my Miss Helen one: cheap and works good

The one from ELF that's a dollar (euro in France): the worst one I ever tried. It pinched my skin on my cheeks/eyes...didn't curl anything.

ive only ever used revlon eyelash curlers... i think they do a great job and have lasted me forever!

REVLON is the best in drugstore category.

the one with rubberized grip not plastic ,,,they have 3 kinds of eyelash curlers.

I agree Revlons eyelash curler is awesome! ive been using it for awhile and just repurchased it

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just curious... Why did you have to purchase another one?
I know for me personally, I used to use NYC lash curlers on myself (they fit my eye shape really well, since it has a much flatter curve) and I'd repurchase every so often when the rubber pad would die out. (cheaper materials go bad faster) But, being drugstore prices, I think they were only like $3.50 each?  It was just easier to keep buying a new curler at that price.

I've tried others and always go back to Revlon. I've bought the cheap La Crosse ones, and those can catch my eyelashes in the corners and rip them out. And I bought a Sally Hansen one once that was so oddly shaped, it was completely unusable. I think I'll just stick with Revlon forever.

Back