Sign in to follow this  
xiehan

Make-up Swap Meetup!

This sounds so fun! I'd love to join! Do we have a time on the 25th? Also, I put in a vote for midtown if at all possible. It's central and its probably close to a lot of people's jobs.

This sounds so fun! I'd love to join! Do we have a time on the 25th? Also, I put in a vote for midtown if at all possible. It's central and its probably close to a lot of people's jobs.
I think we've selled on 7pm to accommodate people getting off work. The hard part with midtown is finding a good venue because there just aren't as many options. I think even all of the people who work in midtown said they would be fine with downtown/the Village as long as it's close enough to various train options.

I wanna come. I already started sorting things out for the swap. Should I bring a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol for hygiene too? Are things swatched at swaps? I've never attended one so I don't know.
Good question! I haven't done this before either. I mean, when I've met up with other ladies from here we've always already decided what we want to swap beforehand, so no swatching was necessary. We can probably either do it one of two ways - make a list of things we might need (rubbing alcohol, polish remover, make-up wipes, cotton pads, cotton swabs, ???) and everyone who can/is willing can volunteer to bring in one of those things. Or, we could just leave it up to each individual to bring what they thing they might want/need in terms of clean-up supplies.

Originally Posted by xiehan View Post

Good question! I haven't done this before either. I mean, when I've met up with other ladies from here we've always already decided what we want to swap beforehand, so no swatching was necessary.

We can probably either do it one of two ways - make a list of things we might need (rubbing alcohol, polish remover, make-up wipes, cotton pads, cotton swabs, ???) and everyone who can/is willing can volunteer to bring in one of those things. Or, we could just leave it up to each individual to bring what they thing they might want/need in terms of clean-up supplies.

^^ Good Idea!

I can't wait to meet all you ladies on the 25th!

Originally Posted by Musegirl View Post

So, are we not showing our trade lists before the event?

I don't suggest it. People will start claiming stuff and it isn't fair.  Plus we can all surprise each other :-)

So, are we not showing our trade lists before the event?
I'm going to suggest that we just leave this up to each individual to decide for herself. Again, I know several of us have trade lists already so it would be silly to force people to have to take them down or something. If you want to be surprised, just don't look at other people's lists. If you're someone who's very concerned about the ingredients in products, it might be a good idea to look at others' lists, though, so you can do your research beforehand about what's in everything. In the spirit of fairness, though, it's probably nicer to not pre-arrange too many trades before we get to the actual event. Maybe jot down a list on a notepad of the products that you're most interested in, but beyond that, try to come in with an open mind. :)

Ok by me, if we can agree to no predetermined trade agreements. (I feel like I'm at the UN right now)

I am so excited about this.  I am bringing just about everything I own, so I hope we can find a big table.

Ok by me, if we can agree to no predetermined trade agreements. (I feel like I'm at the UN right now)
:rofl2: Exactly! I think we can all agree on this and while there's no way to enforce it I feel like we're all adults and can do this on the honor system.

Hi ladies!  I would love to participate in this meetup - I actually joined MUT (after 6 months of lurking on the site) because of this NYC swap meetup!  So far I've filled 4 birchboxes with hair, skincare, lip, and perfume products that I'd like to swap.  

Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

Hi ladies!  I would love to participate in this meetup - I actually joined MUT (after 6 months of lurking on the site) because of this NYC swap meetup!  So far I've filled 4 birchboxes with hair, skincare, lip, and perfume products that I'd like to swap.  

Awesome!  

Okay lets make a list so we know how many people are coming. Just copy and past this and add name to continue.

Date: October 25th

Time: 7pm

Attendees:

Jazbot - Jasmine

Okay lets make a list so we know how many people are coming. Just copy and past this and add name to continue.

Attendees:

Jazbot - Jasmine

Musegirl- Laura

Attendees:

Jazbot - Jasmine

Musegirl- Laura

Turboweevel - Maria

Attendees:

Jazbot - Jasmine

Musegirl- Laura

Turboweevel - Maria

jpark107 - Julie

Hey ladies -- let's not continue with this list and the rest of the planning in this thread -- remember that anything we post here is still public and available to the entire Internet, and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable by making them disclose their first name or other personal information. I'm about to send out a mass PM to everyone -- at this point I'm fairly sure who's confirmed/interested and who said they can't attend, especially since I've already met up with a lot of you and several of you within the past week -- so let's do the remaining planning and coordinating by PM. If you don't get a message from me by the end of the night tonight, I may have overlooked you, so just let me know. I think I've found us a venue and will share the details in the mass PM tonight -- I feel more comfortable not sharing that information with the entire interwebs just to keep everyone safe and prevent stalkers/random people potentially crashing the event. So, even once we confirm the venue, let's not post it here publicly. If you only just now found this thread and hadn't yet said you're interested in attending, again, let me know and I'll loop you in.