Need wedding color/theme ideas.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm newly engaged and there are so many awesome wedding themes and beautiful colors I can't decide! I'm thinking black and white with silver and red accents for my wedding. For my bridal shower I'm thinking vintage tea party theme with soft pink, yellow and green colors. I would love to hear any ideas/tips.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your engagement! What you described above sounds lovely.

DecoratedBeauty Congratulations! Black white silver and red - I think that'll be quite a classy combination if done properly!!

Lately I've seen some pretty pictures from a wedding that was done in spanish style with a lot of red accents - looked reallly pretty!

Your colors sound good, it really comes down to whatever colors you like because everyone will have favs.

I did different shades of deep purples and cream for my wedding, it turned out beautiful.

I just hosted a shower for my cousin and the theme was black and white, it turned out pretty well.

Originally Posted by Ericachristina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your colors sound good, it really comes down to whatever colors you like because everyone will have favs.

I did different shades of deep purples and cream for my wedding, it turned out beautiful.

I just hosted a shower for my cousin and the theme was black and white, it turned out pretty well.

That's really pretty... good theme selection !! Even purple, shades of blue and pink with silver are also good theme colors for parties. Isn't ?

Wow!  Its really very pretty.  You can choose any 1 of them, White, pink, purple and red these all are very good for wedding.

Congratulations! I'm getting married as well! I'm getting my ideas from Pinterest, wedding blogs, and I've subscribed to The Bride Box for unique ideas for my wedding! When are you getting married? We are in April 2014!

Congratulations!!
biggrin.gif
Your ideas sound great!

I agree with briannajo. My friends got good idea about her wedding from some wedding blogs, forum. Especially wedding forum, my friends said that you could get any what want to know from these forum. Besides, you can make friends with someone like you. you can post every time you have something want to say. Have a try and it will surprise you!

The Tudors Royal Theme (16th Century Henry VIII meets Marie Antoinette.)

Egyptian/Ancient Persian Theme (Lots of gold and champagne colors with a few exceptions. My #1 choice for myself, as I am Persian.)

Comic Book Theme (I was invited to a wedding recently that was based on comic book and super heroes.)

Glitter and Glam Theme (Lots of glitter and bling always makes any special day interesting.)

Zebra Print Theme (This was my first choice, considering I have an obsession with Zebra Print.)

Christmas Theme (If you love Christmas, turn your wedding into a Winter Wonderland. The groom dresses up as Santa and you dress up as Mrs. Claus.)

just to name a few...

I like non-traditional themes; however; I have been to several bad ass minimalist weddings.

When I got married a few years ago I did not want anything that was traditional.  My husband and I centered the entire wedding around the rock band that we liked.  It was a rememberable day and everyone said it was the best wedding they had been to.  try to come up with an idea that you and your guy love and run with it.

I think black and white with silver and red accents will be a elegant combination.

Even you can choose white and pink , It will also look very pretty.

Just my two cents...I don't think wedding "themes" are necessary-- you're not planning a prom.  A color scheme and then deciding how far on the casual to formal scale you want it to be should be good enough.  Or, as others have said, if you are going to do a theme make it something relevant to your interests as a couple (such as angie828 who did her wedding based on their favorite band.)  Like...I would hate to do a beach theme wedding just because it would "go" or something. 

Back