Air Brush Makeup- Tips & Advantages

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Airbrush makeup is specially formulated to apply makeup evenly with a pen like appliance. Airbrush make up is done in seconds, evenly and completely. Tiny molecules of water-based, alcohol, polymer, or silicone-based foundation are sprayed through a medium to fine airbrush nozzle onto the skin. Many red carpet celebrities and models like this Airbrush makeup.

The Ingredients of airbrushing makeup comprise of pigments, resins, solvents and additives. Obviously, the manufacturers of airbrush makeup kits have their own recipes that contain proprietary ingredients, which in turn distinguish their brand from others. Professional makeup artists demand for professional airbrush makeup kits for long lasting applications and the makeup that is resistant to sweat, water, heat and even dust too. Airbrush kits manufacturers supply a wide variety of professional airbrush makeup kits for beauty industries and regular airbrush makeup kits for daily use.

Airbrush kits are getting more improvements in recent years. Improved manufacturing in pigments and foundations of airbrush make up, makes greater use of airbrush kits and choices for personal daily use.  With different ingredients in professional airbrush makeup kit which meets higher standards in beauty industry.  Some reputable airbrush make up kits manufacturers offers makeup that is hypoallergenic and made of high quality natural mineral pigments. These hypoallergenic airbrush kits are more beneficial for people with skin problems.

How to use Airbrush makeup kits?
Most of the movie celebrities, pop stars, models have been using Airbrush makeup. Why? Airbrush makeup creates flawless face for all the day and it is the perfect choice for photographs. Most of airbrush makeup kits do not contains oil based solvents so that it airbrush makeup does not reflect light.

How it works?
It is simple. A tiny amount of specialized foundation makeup with few drops of water is sprayed onto the face with a wind. The result is sheer, full coverage. You can get flawless finish with less coverage. Even it can hides under eye circles and rosacea.

At-home airbrush kits for easy application
  • airbrush compressor
  • airbrush wand (sometimes called a pen)
  • hose (connects the wand and the compressor)
  • makeup foundation
  • bottled water
First time users can get this equipment in an airbrush makeup kit. Once you have bought this airbrush kit, then all you will need is the foundation. These airbrush kits with this equipment such as airbrush compressor, airbrush stencil and more are available from $120 to $600. Once you have this airbrush kit, you need to spend only $20 for foundation. Some airbrush makeup kit manufacturing companies are making smaller airbrush compressor, which is easy for home use and for travel.

What Kind of Airbrush makeup Foundation to Buy
You can buy two types of airbrush makeup foundations.
  1. Silicon-based
  2. Water-based
Many professionals suggest silicon based foundation, which creates flawless look. You need to purchase dedicated airbrush makeup kit according to the foundation you choose.

Airbrush Advantages
  • Airbrush makeup provides long lasting applications and it runs for up to 10 to 20 hours. It will not rub off on anything or disappear into your pores.
  • If you are sharing your makeup kit, the airbrush kits is sanitary, since it never actually touches the skin.
  • You can use airbrush kits and foundations on legs, to conceal veins and discolorations.
  • Special effects, such as stencil tattoos, are easily applied.

I have a Luminsess Airbrush set and love how fast and easy my foundation is to apply but I'm not fond of the foundations on my skin (too orange for me) the foundation looks great on my eldest daughter though. The Luminess Airbush kit is easy to use right out of the box as it's all set up, some kits you have to put together. I love my OCC airbrush foundation though since it's the perfect color on me but will be trying the MAC airbrush foundation next. One thing is for sure, airbrushing cuts back so much time on applying foundation and the amount you use.

You can choose the foundation you wish. You can find four bottles in different shades inside the Luminess Air makeup system that are suitable to any face and match any skin tone. Luminess offers 12 shades to choose. The Luminess Air makeup foundation turns the pigmented liquid into the fine mist of droplets that run almost over your skin and do the conventional makeup without creating any cracks or creases. You can have the beautifully formed foundation within the few seconds. One of the interesting things with this Luminess Air is that you will not even feel that you are wearing makeup. Luminess Airbrush makeup covers lightly over the skin. In addition, Luminess airbrush make up system is water based, mineral based, so it perfectly suitable for any skin and skin irritation are significantly reduced. Clinical testing by dermatologists proved that Luminess air have no side effects and your skin can breath as it never breathed before. Many clients used this Luminess airbrush make up systems to cover their unwanted tattoos, age spots, dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines effectively.  Luminess air is really a sensational product.  Some users gave their opinion that the foundation bottle that comes along with Luminess air makeup system is small and it runs out sooner.  With this cons, you have to consider the pros. The amount of time used for spending time Luminess airbrush makeup system is reduced and you are freed up for other activities. You will get relief from your appearance problems and get satisfied with this product. All the dozens and dozens of expensive makeup products you used to rely on now outdated with the luminess airbrush makeup system. It is almost all-inclusive expect the lipstick.

Link removed per Terms of Service.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a Luminsess Airbrush set and love how fast and easy my foundation is to apply but I'm not fond of the foundations on my skin (too orange for me) the foundation looks great on my eldest daughter though. The Luminess Airbush kit is easy to use right out of the box as it's all set up, some kits you have to put together. I love my OCC airbrush foundation though since it's the perfect color on me but will be trying the MAC airbrush foundation next. One thing is for sure, airbrushing cuts back so much time on applying foundation and the amount you use.
I use the Luminess system too but I really dislike their foundations. I bought the MAC Airbrush foundation and am currently using that instead. I like but I accidently bought it a couple shades too dark so I lighten it up using Luminess lol

Wow - that was a very thorough overview of airbrush makeup!

Keep in mind that when using water to clean your airbrush gun, make sure it's distilled water. Tap water has minerals and pigments in it that will harm your system

I mean 'mineral and chemicals'! No pigments - I hope.
Basically, if your makeup is silicone-based, use a silicone-based cleaner; if it's water-based, use a water-based cleaner.

Back