Birchbox Man: October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My boyfriend just renewed his monthly subscription after receiving the final box of the three month gift subscription I got him. I didn't see any threads on the October Birchbox Man boxes yet, so I figured I'd start one. They should be shipping out in a little over a week, so maybe some sneak peeks will be coming soon!

You know I really hate the men's subscription because it's only half way through the month and we're already talking about the next month. It makes the time go by way too quickly. Where did summer go? LOL That said, like Vee's husband my husband likes his boxes for the most part. He's still laughing over the boxers that came with no opening.

Birchbox Man is totally my boyfriend's guilty pleasure. I actually caught him researching face wash the other day and he ended up buying the ZIRH face wash he received in his box using his points, and free shipping made it only $5. He loved the t-shirt (which looked really good on him) and the boxers. He's come a long way considering when I met him all of his clothes and toiletries fit into one backpack, and he used the same soap for his hair, face, and body.

I just signed up for a mens. Was hoping for October box- do you think it is too late for Oct boxes?

Originally Posted by classybroad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just signed up for a mens. Was hoping for October box- do you think it is too late for Oct boxes?
I wouldn't think so, did it say you were on a waiting list? If not, then they usually ship out at the end of the month so I'm thinking you'll get October's box.

charged last night. waiting impatiently for hints and spoilers. im wearing my boxers today that i got last ...erm this month!

This will be my second month subscribing to the mens box. My boyfriend loved the MeUndies and had to have the mint green color! He keeps bugging me about when his next box is coming and what is going to be in it because he knows that I keep up with the womens bb thread. So here are my questions, when does the mens box update? (I was thinking it was around the 25th, but I'm not for sure.) How do you check what are in the different boxes? Do you check it just like the womens?

Hopefully there will not be a shipping fiasco like earlier this month. 

(He will die of anticipation!)

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are there a bunch of different men's boxes, like there are women's?
I think there aren't as many, but a good amount.

And they have the box pages up...for now.

https://www.birchbox.com/men/box/october-2012/october12box1

I really, really hope he doesn't end up with the tie that's in a few boxes.  He's a camo tshirt and jeans kind of guy.  The last time he wore one was....5 years ago...maybe?  The whisky stones and jigger would totally be fun to get though!
 *edited for missing words...duh!

The sample sizes look great for this month.  I really wish my husband would want a sub.  It's just that working in construction, he doesn't use most of the stuff on a daily basis so the samples would last him months.

I know my boyfriend will like the whisky stones...because he has them and has given them as gifts a few times.  Hah. 

My boyfriend got his shipping confirmation this morning. I checked his account and his box is already listed. He's getting that hideous watch that I know he'll never, ever wear. Too bad, he would have liked the tie better. Oh well, the rest of the stuff I know he'll love because he's getting like one of every product he can actually use and he'll have 7 reviews to do this month.

1318.jpg

Not quite sure what my boyfriend will think of this box... might be a disappointing month. Oh well it has to happen occasionally!

Whew, I can breathe a sigh of relief now...no dreaded item in his box and 7 items to review.  I kinda, sorta signed him up for it without asking...just to see what the men's boxes were like, but I'm using money from my account, so no big loss on his end!  But I could just hear him with his "This is a waste of money" talk and not getting any fun out of it haha.

What is the little red Caskers card?

My fiance is getting box #11 (same box emily9763). So great, he is finally getting the watch that other people received earlier this year in their box. Of course, now the watch boxes are the less desired box and he would definitely prefer whiskey stones and a jigger. I do think as long as I don't mention how much cooler the other boxes he will be excited about his box this month. He isn't a watch kind of guy, but I do know he was displeased he missed out on the watch last time (and ended up with popcorn and cards instead). 

Also, it looks like on the RumbaTime website the watch is actually $16, not $35.

Your Birchbox Man delivery is on its way. October's assortment is designed to shake up your routine—behind the bar, in your closet, and elsewhere. This month, let's keep them guessing.

Wow, whiskey stones and a jigger...........he and I are both on day day 43 of our sobriety. Thanks Birchbox.

Back