Zen Society Make Up Remover and Lip Balm Review

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In late August, MUT staffers were asked to reach out to Kaitlyn at Zen Society to test products and give feedback. After a brief chat with her, I received the ZS Coconut Lip Balm and ZS Make Up Remover. I was in the market for a new make up remover and I am always in need of lip balm so I was pretty excited to try these out.

Ingredients

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil* *USDA Certified Organic (100% of the ingredients used in this product are USDA Certified Organic) Gluten and GMO Free. 100% Vegan. Cruelty Free

Product Description Infused with Organic Sweet Almond and Hemp Seed Oil. Hemp is a very useful, eco-friendly resource and is extremely effective in skincare due to its high linolenic acid content - natural essential fatty acids known as the omegas. Hemp, Sunflower and Sweet Almond moisturize and heal the skin for natural vitality. Sweet Almond and Hemp are natural hair growth stimulants that can help maintain and grow beautiful lashes.

2 oz/ 59 ml - $10.00

The make up remover is my favorite product of the two I received. A couple drops on a tissue paper or cotton ball takes care of all my eye make up. Best of all, any excess oil is easily absorbed into the skin, leaving it feel moisturized and soft. I have a great time putting my make up on and as cheesy as this sounds, I have a good time taking it off as well. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ingredients Sunflower Oil*, Carnauba Wax, Jojoba Oil*, Organic Flavor, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract *Organic (Non-GMO, Petrolatum Free, Gluten Free) 100% Vegan. 99% Organic

Product Description Soothe your lips without harsh petroleum or synthetic fragrances. Our rich, emollient blend of oils protect and promote the healing of sore, chapped lips. We use organic aromatic essential oils to add a pleasant fragrance and long lasting taste*.

0.15 oz/4.25g $5.00

I am a lip balm fiend! FIEND, I tell you, I burn through it like crazy so I know what I like and I know what doesn't work for me. Unfortunately, this lip balm didn't work for me. I was constantly having to apply it and even then, I felt my lips were dry. I was having to apply it upwards of 4 - 5 times an hour to find any relief and even then it was minimal at best. I also didn't feel like it really absorbed into my skin at all, even when I rubbed it in, just coated my lips which was not a pleasant feeling. The good points however is that it smelled wonderful and didn't have a bad/waxy taste to it.

*applies to Spearmint and Pomegranate as the Coconut did not have much of a taste
So I would highly recommend the eye make up remover but would give precaution to the lip balm.

Many thanks to Zen Society for the opportunity to try out their wonderful items and give my opinion on them.

This seems very interesting. What kind of makeup remover did you use before and were they comparable?

The one I most recently tried before this were make up wipes, drug store brand and it felt like I was applying sand paper to my eyes.

The one before that was also an oil, put out by Cover Girl (I think...I will have to check when I get home) and it was very greasy, didn't absorb into my skin at all and needed multiple attempts to remove my make up,

I'm interested in the makeup remover now lol. Nice review! I wish they'd sell the remover in larger sizes...I could wash my whole face and take off all my makeup with it lol..

Latest posts

Back