I always say I'm never gonna take a look in the threads but I can't help myself:) indeed some self control! I'm sure your email is coming she was doing in one by one and a few of my friends just got the email! Did you see all those fun sunglasses:) I want them all!

I always say I'm never gonna take a look in the threads but I can't help myself:) indeed some self control! I'm sure your email is coming she was doing in one by one and a few of my friends just got the email! Did you see all those fun sunglasses:) I want them all!
Yeah I did. I just hope they're real. I love me some Betsy Johnson and have some glasses from her already, so I hope I get some more :)

I too jumped in and joined/paid. She sounds like a really nice lady trying hard to do things right. Limmiting #'s, payments by Paypal are just a few things I liked.

She sent personal emails, and then sent me a FaceBook message asking if I had any questions.

I'm a box-junkie also and I like trying new subs....sometimes first boxes are GREAT...

Originally Posted by hrseangel View Post

I too jumped in and joined/paid. She sounds like a really nice lady trying hard to do things right. Limmiting #'s, payments by Paypal are just a few things I liked.

She sent personal emails, and then sent me a FaceBook message asking if I had any questions.

I'm a box-junkie also and I like trying new subs....sometimes first boxes are GREAT...

I also signed up this way too.  I was really impressed with the personal touches.  Can't wait to see the first box!

Dior - I wasn't attacking you, and number of posts has no effect on who you might know within the community, anyway...

I am very hesitant to subscribe to any box that appears to be home-operated or mostly home-operated. I am not saying that Red Carpet Box has any reason to be suspect, but after the run of recent scams, my money is not going anywhere without a reputable backing for any company.

Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post

Dior - I wasn't attacking you, and number of posts has no effect on who you might know within the community, anyway...

I am very hesitant to subscribe to any box that appears to be home-operated or mostly home-operated. I am not saying that Red Carpet Box has any reason to be suspect, but after the run of recent scams, my money is not going anywhere without a reputable backing for any company.

I am also hesitant to subscribe to new boxes but I made an exception to this one because it was a one time payment through paypal.  At least paypal offers a bit of protection & we don't have to give out credit card numbers.  I figure if it's awful I will not order again.

Oh !!! Lucky duck:) I think my luck has ran out this week because I'm last shipped for everything. I just now got glossybox has been shipped! But yay how exciting:) I am so happy that the boxes will be out and on the way! I can't wait to see the boxes! I am gonna try so hard not to keep peaking but it's so hard not to:) I think I saw this morning there was only a few slots left! But I am way to excited!!!

In my box was:

1. A full size Stila lip shine in Georgina, I actually like it, it's a brick-ish red, great for fall.

2. A pair of Big Buddha sunglasses. I was hoping for a Betsey Johnson pair, but I actually like these and will wear them.

3. A Borghese nail lacquer in Toscano Nude. Plain, but nude polishes are in, so I'll try it.

4. An Avon Feeling Fine Ultra Thin Eye Liner in Cobalt Jewel. I don't normally wear eyeliner besides my everyday black liquid, but it's a good one and a good winter color, worth trying.

5. A pair of QVC earrings. I do not like them at all, but I am particular about earrings. Will be one of my friends gain. They are very Brighton looking. Antique Gold with a green bead surrounded by rhinestones.

Check the spoiler for the contents of my box. Overall, I liked the items, but I don't know if I would do this monthly or even quarterly. I am attaching pictures as well, but I don't know how to hide those, sorry if anyone doesn't want to be surprised. I am new to this and can't figure out how to hide those. The item I liked most was the Stila lipshine, but it's a night out color, so I won't wear it very often. Everything else for me was just okay, nothing too exciting. I don't want to trash the box because I know Patty has worked hard, but I can't justify the cost based on these items.  

I was skeptical at first as well since I'm very frugal!! I LOVE my box!! I Googled and found the lip gloss stick is $12 at lowest price, my glasses were $50, earrings were tagged at $80 - found for $30, Avon eyeliner $6 and nailpolish $7. I give it an overall great value!! I'd post a pic but I'm new!! Look it up on Facebook. Facebook.com/berkscountycouponing (yes, I'm that frugal! So trust me I know a deal!!)

Nicoli - those earrings are so beautiful! :) But I agree -- just not worth the cost.

Also, are these items just being purchased and sent out, or is she actually working with suppliers from the creators of the products?

Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post

Also, are these items just being purchased and sent out, or is she actually working with suppliers from the creators of the products?

I would love to know this as well. It looks like a genuine attempt, but I don't think I'm interested if the items are just purchased from ebay lots or wholesalers. Not saying they are, but I would be interested to know more about where she's getting her products, particularly if the above post is accurate. The owner does seem really nice, and I appreciate that she's not taking too much on before she's established. I wish her luck, and hope everyone's happy with their boxes.

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing. It's not that I'm unhappy with the box, it's just that it's not the right fit for me. I have 7 sub services including this one and I just know I can't afford to keep them all. This is my first month with all of them and I'd like to bring my number down to 4 subscriptions monthly. The only item I really see myself using is the stila lipstick and the cost isn't justified with just that. I can get almost three of my other boxes for the same price. I know she's worked her tail off but when I get my birchbox two days before and it's $10 and I'm happier with it, I have to decide that it's not right for me.

Picture

Above is everything I got; 3 cosmetics and 2 accessories; "$80 QVC earrings", Big Buddha Sunglasses, Borghese Nail Lacquer, Stila mascara and Avon eyeliner. Not that bad until you take a closer look to each individual item: 
Picture

Disappointment #1: The Earrings

1. The earrings don't fit in the box which means it didn't originally came with it.

2. The earrings don't have a back piece. All earrings that I have bought have had a back piece to show they are new.

3. The earrings are made of pure plastic, the kind of plastic kids accessories are made of.

Base on these 3 observations there is no way this earrings are from QVC or are near being $80! I just feel like laughing LOL I can't imagine this earrings being more than $1. 

Picture

Disappointment #2: Stila Mascara

This is the Stila Multi-Effect Mascara. Before I made a review of this service I wanted to get the original price of every item and the first one I searched for was this one. I was not able to find it at the Stila website and on google only came up reviews from last year. This brought me to the conclusion that this have been discontinued. I  decided to call Stila and they did not only confirmed me that this have been discontinued since May 2010 and that it expired on May 2011. The representative advised me not to use it but that if I do to do it at my own discretion. So this item to me is worth less than nothing because not even for a gift it would be good. This is something that goes in your eye; the most sensitive parts of your face and there is  no excuse to put us at risk from an allergic reaction or something.

Picture

Disappointment #3: Avon Eyeliner

This is the Avon Feeling Fine Ultra Thin Eye Liner. Base on my discovery about the Stila mascara there was no doubt that I had to check for this eyeliner as well. Once again this was not available at Avon.com. I called them and they confirmed me that this was discontinued in 2009! He told me that it still had 3 years from their discontinued date so that I could still use it for a little while until the 6 months of life after opened passed. I'm not willing to take any risks with this. 

Picture

Disappointment #4: Borghese Nail Lacquer

So far non of the items have made up for the $25 this box cost me so I was hoping this nail polish could be worth anything. I have never heard of this brand but base on my search this isn't worth more than $4. Is a cute nude color called "Toscano Nude" but I'm still not happy.

Picture

The only item actually worth something are this Bid Buddha aviator sunglasses. They retail for about $28 but they have the quality of $10 glasses. I'm going to try to give them use because at the end I still lost my money. 

In conclusion, I recommend Ms. Patricia Martin to improve her services before continuing offering the subscription and I advice everyone who got this box to check the cosmetics for discontinuation and expiration. It is really a pity that I am so disappointed in this box. I don't know if Patty is aware of this problems but as a business person this are things she should have clear before offering products to the public. I won't be ordering a Red Carpet Box or trying any other new services launched on Facebook. I wish Patty and Red Carpet Box good luck!

Originally Posted by lunadust View Post

Her responses on facebook to the review are very defensive. 

They really are! She basically told me I'm breaking the law by sharing my review.

• Like 1

Originally Posted by BBelleza View Post

They really are! She basically told me I'm breaking the law by sharing my review.

Haha there was a lot of other words I wanted to use to describe her last response but I wanted to be nice. This is not the right way to handle a customer complaint.

Originally Posted by bluelion View Post

I would love to know this as well. It looks like a genuine attempt, but I don't think I'm interested if the items are just purchased from ebay lots or wholesalers. Not saying they are, but I would be interested to know more about where she's getting her products, particularly if the above post is accurate. The owner does seem really nice, and I appreciate that she's not taking too much on before she's established. I wish her luck, and hope everyone's happy with their boxes.

Given that products are discontinued (and for so long) she's definitely buying makeup lots from wholesalers or on ebay for really, really cheap. There are other more reputable companies that I have read about including discontinued items in boxes, but those items were not years old rather they were just being taken off the market and and in the process of being discontinued. If you read her whole facebook wall she is constantly being defensive about why she runs her business from her home, why she doesn't have a website, etc. I don't doubt that she is working hard or that a starting a small business in this economy is commendable, but she is still running a business and taking people's money. She should be more careful about the products that she sends out and how she markets the items and the box. It's also funny because she asks (practically begs) people to post positive reviews of her box yet says a negative review is illegal....which it isn't if it's the truth.

• Like 1

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know that I have also been given stuff that expired a year ago! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone to take the new slots! I feel like my entire box has to be thrown away!:( oh well I always said I would take one chance and thatsmit for me:( not happy. At all! She said I can send it back but at this point I'm just over it! Please do not use your makeup products until you research ur product!!! Mine was the tinted moisturizer!

I had gotten on the newest wait list but I just told her to take me off. I got over 100$ out of my beauty army box & it's one $12 a month. $25 plus shipping & then to find out about the products is just to much. I'd rather stick to the several boxes I get now & maybe add a few other boxes that are cheaper then pay over $30 for things I won't use, like, or may be expired.

Originally Posted by Beautymomma View Post

I had gotten on the newest wait list but I just told her to take me off. I got over 100$ out of my beauty army box & it's one $12 a month. $25 plus shipping & then to find out about the products is just to much. I'd rather stick to the several boxes I get now & maybe add a few other boxes that are cheaper then pay over $30 for things I won't use, like, or may be expired.

Top of the page still says free shipping too.