Wow, just noticed they actually posted one about 3 days ago. Doesn't look like there are any biters yet. Out of all the places you can still find the product, Duwop's own site sure isn't one of them, so the product's obviously been discontinued. Shocker.

Drugstore.com and Beauty.com each carry several items that aren't actively made anymore. It's great for random items you fall in love with and can't find anymore, but I'm usually careful about what I get from there simply because they carry a lot of old stock. Occasionally it works to my advantage (like with this old Neutrogena mask/scrub I adored), but other times, I'm squeamish.

But it's already been established that RCB puts these type of items into their boxes, so it's no surprise that they're now attempting to sell them. The legality of it is something I'd wonder about. However, I doubt she generates enough business for it to be worth getting into.

Could she be selling fake or imitation items?

I'm just asking as glossybox when they were in Canada, they sent items that were 5 years expired, that they bought on ebay from sketchy people.

Some people online had found that out, as well as my own posting on my blog of the actual items they sent me, and all the tags and codes from those items. 

Glossybox Canada had even gone as far as saying Revlon and Avon sponsored their boxes, when in fact they never did and I had even gotten that in writing from one of the companies (and prob have that letter somewhere still.....).

So now seeing the kinds of things some people do and also how easy it is to fake items thesedays, you never know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee View Post

Could she be selling fake or imitation items?

She's been caught in the past selling fake/imitation products as well as expired products. The one item that still sticks in my head is that Island purse where she covered up the label with tape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

She's been caught in the past selling fake/imitation products as well as expired products. The one item that still sticks in my head is that Island purse where she covered up the label with tape!

Well,

if I'm going to buy expired products I should be told that in advance...lol.

For skincare and cosmetics if the date is coming up soon and it is from a drugstore- I do not mind.

Also, there is 2 food or candy stores I shop from online and one of them used to have a clearance section and they put the expiry date was on all those items- like chocolate bars or candy best the month before.

I never had anything that was bad yet (and a lot of american candy has no dates on it still.....).

But if it is someone who you do not know how the products were stored, then I'm not sure I want anything they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Weren't the Betsy Johnson glasses fakes, too? And then wasn't there some ancient Hard Candy?

I was just at a optical store in the mall this weekend and saw they carry the D&G line.

The chain I was at New Look is generally quite expensive- the cheapest full basic eyeglass pair is $300+

To my surprise the D&G frames were made in China? not all of them,but the plastic ones I was looking at were. They were selling for under $200 frames alone.

I thought they only had Italian made stuff? maybe now some is just "italian design"?

... a-n-n-d its gone. I guess Patsy decided that discretion was the better part of valor and drove off into the sunset (in her fancy-schmancy sports car), trailing cheap sunglasses, sex toys and expired makeup behind her. :( IOW, her drama-llama FB page is gone. Vanished. Poofed. Amscrayed. Auf weidersehn. Buh-bye. *Apologies to the mods if I'm out of line, here, or simply over the top. I promise, it was all funny in my head.

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoheme View Post

... a-n-n-d its gone. I guess Patsy decided that discretion was the better part of valor and drove off into the sunset (in her fancy-schmancy sports car), trailing cheap sunglasses, sex toys and expired makeup behind her. frown.gif

IOW, her drama-llama FB page is gone. Vanished. Poofed. Amscrayed. Auf weidersehn. Buh-bye.

*Apologies to the mods if I'm out of line, here, or simply over the top. I promise, it was all funny in my head.

The website is gone as well.

The angry comments were regarding a giveaway. It looks like she was supposed to send out a prize in exchange for the company promoting her and she never sent the winner anything.