Burlesque shoot makeup tips!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey MUA's!!!!

So I have experience in prom and wedding makeup but I just recently got asked to do a Burlesque shoot. I really love burlesque and pinup makeup and I'm pretty confident but this is definitely a step out of my comfort zone especially with it being a photoshoot. I would love any tips from MUA's that might help ease my nerves. All advice welcome! 

Had matte red lip stick or thicker stain, red gloss, and red liner. Make sure to define the brow and go easy on bronzer. Have fun!!

Originally Posted by DecoratedBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey MUA's!!!!

So I have experience in prom and wedding makeup but I just recently got asked to do a Burlesque shoot. I really love burlesque and pinup makeup and I'm pretty confident but this is definitely a step out of my comfort zone especially with it being a photoshoot. I would love any tips from MUA's that might help ease my nerves. All advice welcome! 
As with all good MUA's, do your research.

Application is not an issue, as you already do practical applications (prom and weddings). I am confused with the photoshoot comment, as you already do prom and wedding make-ups, as those are photoshoot style make-ups to begin with.

After your research, I would do a practice run first doing a Burlesque look before you do the shoot to help ease those nerves.

Good luck.

Sorry photoshoot comment was a little confusing since bridal is photographed. I just meant that my work will be captured in a photograph so I want to do the best job possible.

For me burlesque is pale® skin nice matte red lips, perfect eyeliner and perfect skin and defined eyebrow 

From a Photographer's point of view I would say with pinup you definitely want to have a bright red lip that is shaped with the perfect cupids bow and have the eyes lined to precision at the top with a wing. You may even want to place a mole somewhere on the face to give it a little more drama. The foundation would probably need to be very pale looking with a matte appearance and the eyebrows probably more rounded instead of squared and kind of dark. Dita Von Teese would be a great example to emulate.

For the Burlesque look you can probably be a little more dramatic with the eyes and lips because the performers were on stage. Maybe false lashes on top and bottom with white eyeliner on the waterline to give the appearance of larger eyes. Contouring might be a little heavier around the nose and cheeks. If you are comfortable with glitter i would even say add either glitter to the lips or to the eyelids to add a little sparkle. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back