• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted; Ideas...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister and her husband purchased a storage locker from a upper class area in our state. Inside was a HUGE toolbox sized makeup case on wheels. It obviously belonged to an MUA. Inside the bottom compartment was a TON of new products (Mac, UD, 2Faced) The only problem is half of them don't have labels on them with the color anymore.  All the used items that are in the upper area seem to be authentic as they are the same quality as my authentic MAC items but how can I help her sell these if I can't describe the color? 

I am planning to keep a bunch of things but I obviously don't need 10 Hello Kitty liners or 20 concealer pencils.  From the paperwork inside one of the compartments she seemed to get a discount from MAC as an artist as well as there being a makeup belt full of MAC brushes. Maybe she worked for MAC I have NO clue.

What I'm looking for is an idea on what to do with all this makeup... I'm in heaven because she gave it to me to help her find homes for it but umm.. it's hard to do that with no tags.  There are some amazing finds in here... new Heatherette lip glass, a couple Heatherette Lipsticks, a few Hello Kitty line items, etc.  

Sigh, I'm overwhelmed I wish I could just buy it from her and keep it but like I said, no need for multiple items.

What can I do?

Take pictures, post here and see if some of us can help you identify products and colors.

Thank you! I will do that tomorrow! 
biggrin.gif

I took some pics, some things are obvious such as the HK liner is black and the foundations have their numbers on them but lip and eye liners may be the hard part :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is there somewhere we can list these for sale besides ebay? Neither of us use ebay after a bad scam hit our mom a few years ago and she lost quite a few hundred dollars.

Maybe Craigslist?

Craigslist would be good. Any site that sells would be good. We have a Buy/Sell/Trade forum here however you don't meet the requirements (15 posts + time you've been a member here) yet to post there. The one thing I have to say about our B/S/T forums is that most people rather swap than outright buy so if you want to sell for cash then Craigslist would be a better place.

Originally Posted by Conceited /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I took some pics, some things are obvious such as the HK liner is black and the foundations have their numbers on them but lip and eye liners may be the hard part :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is there somewhere we can list these for sale besides ebay? Neither of us use ebay after a bad scam hit our mom a few years ago and she lost quite a few hundred dollars.

Maybe Craigslist?
OMG, I love MAC Lipglosses and brushes. Keep us informed on what you plan to do! "-)

I've already sold a bunch on craigslist including the brushes. I do have a ton of concealer pencils, Foundations, eye/lip liners, lipstick and lipglass. The lipglass is from the Heatherette line I believe I pinpointed it down to Hollywood Nights or Style Minx. 

Latest posts

Back