MyGlam is now Ipsy..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just logged into the MyGlam site and it appears that MyGlam changed their name to "ipsy . . . beauty by you. ".

Just saw their new website too, does anyone know how to take the beauty quiz if i was already a member?

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just logged into the MyGlam site and it appears that MyGlam changed their name to "ipsy . . . beauty by you. ".
It's possible ipsy could be "I spy", or just a latin placeholder to map out a site's layout.

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's possible ipsy could be "I spy", or just a latin placeholder to map out a site's layout.
No because when I signed in it said I was an "ipster." Whatever the hell that is!!! Even glammie sounds better than ipster.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No because when I signed in it said I was an "ipster." Whatever the hell that is!!! Even glammie sounds better than ipster.
lol, your guess is as good as mine.

Well that is a bad move. How is ipsy in any way appealing as opposed to myglam?? 

And what is this hot mess of a graphic: 

And on facebook they said: 

" ipsy comes from the latin word ipse, which mean self. We also thought ipsy was really fun to say... ipsy! :)"

Ummn Ipsy sounds totally strange. I mean as long as the bags are still good who cares, but an Ipsy bag?? 
sadno.gif

Rather interesting, what are your thoughts?

I didn't like Glammies, however, I think Ipsters is worse lol

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT: myglam is now ipsy…beauty by you (http://www.ipsy.com/). It’s the same Glam Bag program that you know and love, but with some amazing additions. From day one in December of last year we talked a lot about community, and n

ow it’s a reality. With ipsy, you can:

1. Discover new Looks for Glam Bag products or Looks relevant to YOU based on your quiz results.
2. Connect with like-minded women directly on ipsy.com.
3. Share your beauty perspective by creating your own Looks.
4. Win more! We’re making it easier and more fun to participate in giveaways and challenges.

So go to http://www.ipsy.com/, claim your username (before someone else nabs it) and start having fun! Stay tuned for some great “Challenge†giveaways coming up later in the day.

Questions or comments? Ask us below. We always want to hear from you!

It's weird to me because I did a project in grad school where I made an app and called it 'ipse'. I realized after it launched and I was trying to promote it that it was a terrible choice of name because no one was sure exactly how to pronounce it.

Also, did anyone else notice the thing where you click on the logo once you're logged in and they... want you to draw the dot on the 'i'? That seems suuuuuper duper gimmicky... yuck.

Not sure I like the direction they're going. Ugh.

As in, I never want to suggest someone subscribe to ~ipsy~. Its just...not glamourous at all???? Ughhh myglam wtf are you doing.

Latest posts

Back