AOFM

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am attending my very 1st Make school in October with AOFM in London. I am pretty nervous and excited at the same time.... I have decided to change my from being a restaurant manger to you guessed it.... MUA!! It has always been my passion.

I am a complete novice, I've never applied makeup to anyone face and i am not very artistic, however i am very much interested in that profession and I'm hope that i wont to to bad. My questions today are:

1. Is there anyone who's is about to study or who has studied to become mua who is/ was a complete novice like myself but passionate about makeup?

2. Has anyone studied with AOFM, if yes what was the experience like?

I've got a few more question but really dont want to make my 1st post to long and boring!

Thanks for reading!! xo

Hiya,

I am form London too and I am considering enloring to a course, I would like to do freelancing. What course you will be doing? I would be really happy to hear how it goes for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Ania,

I am enrolled on the freelance certificate in professional makeup artistry, which is a week long and then hopefully progresss to creative certificate in advance makeup techniques. I start on the 8th of this month. I am pretty excited however nervous at the same time!! I will definitely keep you updated. Have you thought of any academies/schools in particular? I did quite alot of research and I think the AOFM is definitely the academy for me!! Let me know what schools you've got in mind and when u plan on starting your course!

Originally Posted by Gems /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi All,

I am attending my very 1st Make school in October with AOFM in London. I am pretty nervous and excited at the same time.... I have decided to change my from being a restaurant manger to you guessed it.... MUA!! It has always been my passion.

I am a complete novice, I've never applied makeup to anyone face and i am not very artistic, however i am very much interested in that profession and I'm hope that i wont to to bad. My questions today are:

1. Is there anyone who's is about to study or who has studied to become mua who is/ was a complete novice like myself but passionate about makeup?

2. Has anyone studied with AOFM, if yes what was the experience like?

I've got a few more question but really dont want to make my 1st post to long and boring!

Thanks for reading!! xo
1) Yes, I was a complete novice when I went to make-up school. I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I did know that I had to do something different in my life. I became passionate about make-up when I was about 2 weeks into it and never looked back.

All my "friends" at that time told me I was too old for this etc. Despite a 15 year age gap, I made new friends at school and we all supported and learned from each other.

I always say you're never too old to follow your passions and dreams. And I always keep an open mind to what the younger people have to say and do.

2) I never went to AOFM.

Originally Posted by Gems /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Ania,

I am enrolled on the freelance certificate in professional makeup artistry, which is a week long and then hopefully progresss to creative certificate in advance makeup techniques. I start on the 8th of this month. I am pretty excited however nervous at the same time!! I will definitely keep you updated. Have you thought of any academies/schools in particular? I did quite alot of research and I think the AOFM is definitely the academy for me!! Let me know what schools you've got in mind and when u plan on starting your course!
Sorry Gems, one cannot be a Pro MUA by taking a make-up course that is a week long. However, I do like your excitement and perhaps this week long course will help you to take a much more comprehensive course/school that is at least 6 months to a year in length.

Latest posts

Back