Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Missglammygirl

Birchbox October 2012

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

 

 

LMAO!!!! Yess! It is! I am so use to it now....that is why I need an upgrade ASAP!  I am too lazy to make an appointment at the Apple store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by javagirl87 View Post

 

 

I could be wrong but this looks like Fekkai to me

i was thinking fekkai too... got it last month and it was just a foil packet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope that they send the Essie out to everyone, because I'm a nail polish hoarder and would be ecstatic to receive a nail polish and an Essie one at that. I hope that if they're going to send such a great product out, everyone needs to get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by messjess18 View Post

 

I really hope that they send the Essie out to everyone, because I'm a nail polish hoarder and would be ecstatic to receive a nail polish and an Essie one at that. I hope that if they're going to send such a great product out, everyone needs to get it!

 

It would be great, but it seems unlikely to me since everyone also already got a nail polish in September. dong.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by xiehan View Post

 

 

It would be great, but it seems unlikely to me since everyone also already got a nail polish in September. dong.gif

 

That's a bummer since I much prefer Essie to Color Club. I wonder what gives people priority though? I've my profile set on "one thing you'd splurge on" to nail polish so maybe that'll increase the chances... especially since all those colours in the preview look super super cute and my taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they did send essie out for everyone who got the Teen Vogue box, the last time they had essie. but i really don't think it'll be likely that everyone will get it this time, would be nice though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

 

 

That's a bummer since I much prefer Essie to Color Club. I wonder what gives people priority though? I've my profile set on "one thing you'd splurge on" to nail polish so maybe that'll increase the chances... especially since all those colours in the preview look super super cute and my taste.

 

I think some people have mentioned that the "one thing you'd splurge on" is the thing you're least likely to get (I guess since it's something you'll already buy for yourself anyway?) but I could never figure out if that was actually proven or just conjecture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by xiehan View Post

 

 

I think some people have mentioned that the "one thing you'd splurge on" is the thing you're least likely to get (I guess since it's something you'll already buy for yourself anyway?) but I could never figure out if that was actually proven or just conjecture.

 

I am new to BB this month, and I left mine blank. I remember someone saying she left hers blank, and she got more full sized products in her box. So, I am testing that. My first box is box 15 (September) which has a fairly good sized Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum (anti-aging is one of my key concerns in the profile) but nothing full sized. Well, there wasn't much fill sized in September, was there? I am supposed to get it today or tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is true. I put in nail polish and have received some twice and I have gotten full sized items in half of my boxes for my six months of subscription (stila one step bronze, eyeko liquid eyeliner, pixi lip and line). Howwever I have also gotten several "bad" items and really feel like for that sort of thing it's the luck of the draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by xiehan View Post

 

 

I think some people have mentioned that the "one thing you'd splurge on" is the thing you're least likely to get (I guess since it's something you'll already buy for yourself anyway?) but I could never figure out if that was actually proven or just conjecture.

it's true for me. i put perfume as my splurge and i've only received one in august

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
it's true for me. i put perfume as my splurge and i've only received one in august
Yeah but I feel like it is just coincidence and not the rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

 

I don't know if this is true. I put in nail polish and have received some twice and I have gotten full sized items in half of my boxes for my six months of subscription (stila one step bronze, eyeko liquid eyeliner, pixi lip and line). Howwever I have also gotten several "bad" items and really feel like for that sort of thing it's the luck of the draw.

ive gotten similar boxes. In june the one step bronze for both accounts, in july beautyblender box for both again. in august, both got the same box with the stila liner ( but i was lucky since one box was brown and the other black) and last month one sub got the 21 drops, color club in gray and the teas and the other one got a similar box with the same polish and the primer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received my first Birchbox yesterday.  I was starting to think I would get my October box before my September.  Got a few cool things....Not sure if it is worth keeping the subscription though.  I guess I'll hang in there for a couple of months and see what happens.  Not impressed that it took til the 25th of September to get my box.  I live in PA it's not like I live in Hawaii or something.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else just get an email from BB asking if you want a Goop themed BB for October instead of the regular BB Transformation theme?

 

I said yes. I think the value in a Goop box might be higher.

 

 

1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by karenX View Post

 

Did anyone else just get an email from BB asking if you want a Goop themed BB for October instead of the regular BB Transformation theme?

 

I said yes. I think the value in a Goop box might be higher.

 

 

1000

 

Yes, I opt in for one box, and opt out for another, just for comparison purposes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PAsh View Post

 

 

Yes, I opt in for one box, and opt out for another, just for comparison purposes.

 

I haven't seen any e-mail.  Goop is Gwyneth Paltrow's site, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PAsh View Post

 

 

Yes, I opt in for one box, and opt out for another, just for comparison purposes.

 

i didn't get one and i just checked my spam folder too :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lisa N View Post

 

I haven't seen any e-mail.  Goop is Gwyneth Paltrow's site, right?

 

Nope, no e-mail here.. What is Goop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by karenX View Post

 

Yep - Paltrow's site.

 

Check your accounts on Birchbox. there was a notice there, as well.

where? i'm looking everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by karenX View Post

 

Yep - Paltrow's site.

 

Check your accounts on Birchbox. there was a notice there, as well.

 

just logged in and nothing.

 

I have a newer account though -- maybe they're doing it by seniority of accounts since they probably have limited boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • Who does not want to add volume to their ponytail. Voluminous ponytails look extremely glamorous and make your hair appear healthier and fuller. Check out these simple hacks how to gain more volume ! https://youtu.be/_RfP6DqaQYc
    • Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards 2019 was a star-studded event where we spotted the who's who of Bollywood. Among those gorgeous celebrities was the stunning Kiara Advani who team Be Beautiful roped in for a quick beauty interview. Watch the video to know the Kabir Singh actress, Kiara Advani's beauty and skin secrets. https://youtu.be/yI8eCryqY1s  
    • Experimenting with different hair care products is not a good idea. For temporary, you can use hair extensions to make a hairstyle that you want. Other than that I will suggest you use onion juice twice a week. You will see results in your hair growth. Along with this you should use coconut oil. For more guidance visit aysanhairdesign.com.au
    • I still just can't understand why people associate viagra with male enhancement even though these days there are much more remedies for The purpose. From things like https://pharmaciegenerique.fr/penegra/ to different kinds of supplements.
    • type Makeup tutorial on Youtube.. You will see Best Tutorials..

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×