Makeup Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking into buying a set of brand new makeup brushes and wondering what the best ones were for the best price? I dont really need the sets that have 25+ brushes, I'm not that advanced.

Thanks!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I moved this to the appropriate section. If you read some of the already made threads in this section you will find a lot of information.

You can try the ELF set. My sister got it for me for Christmas/my birthday last year. I haven't used all the brushes but it's nice to know that I have them in case I do need them. IMO they're pretty good but I feel like such a n00b when it comes to brushes. 

I love the EcoTools brushes which are nice and soft but don't break the bank. You can buy them at places like Target or online at amazon.

Some times saving money can be more expensive than expected.If you don't buy good quality brushes,you might find you waist your money when this brushes start ripping apart.

With my 20+ in the business, I found that Trish Mcevoy have the best.

Trish McEvoy brushes are amazing I have many but I also use other brands 

Eco tools are very good and not expensive.

Check out crown brushes they private label to a lot of companies and have low end to high end quality.

The makeup brushes that i use is my mary kay ones. I love these brushes. I need to get some more of them. So if you know someone please tell them i am interested.

I've herd very good things about Sigma brushes, that they are better than the sedona lace but not that expensive like the mac ones. I think I will give them a try. They also have a travel kit that is more economic. I think the Mac and Sephora brushes are tooooo expensive to get them. Also ecotools brushes work good.

I posted one of the other threads about eyeshadow brushes and have been doing some searching and experimenting with different kinds of brushes. A lot of the sets had many brushes I knew I would never use, so other that a set I got for what appeared to be a good deal at the time I have found that buying individual brushes has worked well for me. One brand I found that really surprises me is Real Techniques. I got mine at Ulta. I have 2 from that line and they are my favorites so far. They do make sets also but, again, I had pretty much narrowed down what I wanted and the set wasn't it. If you do need a set to play around with, the Eco Tools are reasonable and work pretty well. You can also get E.L.F. brushes for between $1 and $3 at Target if you need to try a bunch to see which shapes you prefer.

I fully believe that a lot of the more affordable brushes are just as good as the high end ones. I used to have a mix of Sigma and MAC brushes, and I lost my entire bag of them on a trip out of town. I'm on a tight budget, so replacing them right away wasn't an option. I got a set of Sonia Kashuk brushes and a few of the cheapies from  ELF, and to be honest with you, I am still using them and I'm fine with it. If I didn't know how little I paid for them, I probably would hardly know the difference!

I also have a few Raw Natural Beauty brushes, and I think the full coverage foundation brush and the all over eye brush are two of my favorites I've ever had. These are a bit pricier than the ones I mentioned, though.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted one of the other threads about eyeshadow brushes and have been doing some searching and experimenting with different kinds of brushes. A lot of the sets had many brushes I knew I would never use, so other that a set I got for what appeared to be a good deal at the time I have found that buying individual brushes has worked well for me.

One brand I found that really surprises me is Real Techniques. I got mine at Ulta. I have 2 from that line and they are my favorites so far. They do make sets also but, again, I had pretty much narrowed down what I wanted and the set wasn't it. If you do need a set to play around with, the Eco Tools are reasonable and work pretty well. You can also get E.L.F. brushes for between $1 and $3 at Target if you need to try a bunch to see which shapes you prefer.
I LOVE the Real Technique brushes. I have the blush brush, powder brush and expert face brush that I've been using for about 2 1/2 months and I really like them. I haven't seen much shedding and they blend beautifully. On Saturday, I purchased the stipple brush and core collection. Ulta had a buy one get one 50% off sale so I took advantage of it!

I've had wonderful experiences with my Real Techniques and Sedona Lace brushes!!! 

I have tons and tons of brushes. But, when I wanted to start wearing liquid foundation (after 18 years) I wanted a really nice foundation brush. I found one at Sephora and it is from their airbrush line. I fell in love with it so much that I went ahead and purchased the 5 brush kit for $65. So worth it! These brushes are the best I have ever used. Soooo soft.

My favourite brushes are from Japonesque. However, a more affordable option is a brush belt with about twelve brushes including foundation and stiple (my most used brushes) from Bodyography...find them online. Great price and good quality. But if you can afford the investment, then do go for Japonesque!

Latest posts

Back