QOTD September 21, 2012: End of the world is in three months. Do you believe it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today is September 21, 2012 and many people believe come December 21 the end of the world will be upon us. Do you believe it?

I don't believe it myself because there's a problem with that... the world is constantly in two different days. Right now for us it's September 21, 2012 while in Fiji it's September 22, 2012 so come December 21 it would only be December 20th for us and when it's December 21 for us it's December 22 for other parts of the world.

Remember Y2K and all the predictions of the internet and other stuff crashing because of the big number switchover? Nothing happened lol. I also believe there was a group of conspiracy theorists who foretold the world ending last year based on prophecy and number crunching around different passages in the Bible...didn't happen. Guess we'll have to wait and see. ; )

Don't believe it.

I just figured that's when the Mayans decided to end their calender. Lol

Uhhhh nope dont believe! In my opinion no one knows when the world is going to end except for the Creator :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe it'll be like a rolling disaster we could watch on the news before it's time in our zone, lol. Honestly though, I dont think so. I agree with Amarah.

You are correct that time zones allow for a 24hr spread but that is between Honolulu and some place on Christmas Island called Kiritimati. You are wrong that it is today here and tomorrow in Fiji because Vancouver, BC to Suva, Fiji is 19hrs difference so for 5hrs in the day, these 2 locations will be on the same day. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today is September 21, 2012 and many people believe come December 21 the end of the world will be upon us. Do you believe it?

I don't believe it myself because there's a problem with that... the world is constantly in two different days. Right now for us it's September 21, 2012 while in Fiji it's September 22, 2012 so come December 21 it would only be December 20th for us and when it's December 21 for us it's December 22 for other parts of the world.
If we were wrong and the world ended, it'd be too late to witch about it anyways ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The panic before hand is just not worth the worry.  I'd want it to just happen without warning. That's probably the only thing (my time of death) that I want to be a surprise.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe it'll be like a rolling disaster we could watch on the news before it's time in our zone, lol.
Honestly though, I dont think so. I agree with Amarah.

I don't believe it. There's been so much predictions on the end of the world, I just don't buy any of it. No one knows. It will just happen, if it's going to happen.

Nope, I'm not even slightly buying into the end coming in December.

And besides, the Mayan calendar doesn't end in December, it just resets.

Carol

I always try to keep an open mind, but I highly highly doubt something like an asteroid collision or worldwide mass destruction will occur at that time. It's funny, because I feel like there was a lot of hype about it last year and year before that, and now we're so close to the supposed date, and no one seems to care anymore ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't believe it because (& this may or may not be true) but someone told me that the Mayan calendar just resets itself & has already done so before... Either way, no I don't believe it because even in a Biblical sense, God would not make it known when the world is ending... It'll just happen if and when it does, and I don't want it to be predicted

I have survived plenty of "end of the worlds" 
eusa_snooty.gif

There's nothing to it... just kiss all your loved ones goodnight and go to bed, wake up the next morning and go to work.  It's easy!
smilehappyyes.gif

Back