2012 Holiday Palettes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are soo many reasons to love the holidays but my favorite is the ubber creative and awesomely packaged holiday palettes!!

Check out Stila:

I'm sure there are more out there so feel free to post pics as soon as you see them come out! 

Gorgeous!!!  All the pretty colors. Dear Santa, I have been a very good girl this year.....LOL

I want to try a Tarte palette. The Too Faced one is calling me too but I'll admit that the Too Faced palette I got last holiday season is still sitting on my vanity unopened. I wonder if there are some duplicate colors from last years palette in this years palette. It would make me skipping it easier. 

Originally Posted by PineappleChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to try a Tarte palette. The Too Faced one is calling me too but I'll admit that the Too Faced palette I got last holiday season is still sitting on my vanity unopened. I wonder if there are some duplicate colors from last years palette in this years palette. It would make me skipping it easier. 
I think the Too Faced is easy to skip. I mentioned in my blog that a lot of the shades in this years are from last years, as well as the year before.

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the Too Faced is easy to skip. I mentioned in my blog that a lot of the shades in this years are from last years, as well as the year before.
Thanks, I've been collecting Urban Decay and Too Faced for years. I went on a no buy for the year so I can have money to splurge on the holiday kits. I've never owned any Tarte so that's high on the list. I'm also eyeing the UD Vice palette since they are all new shades apparently. 

This is the only Tarte holiday palette that I found. I'll admit I didn't look very hard though.

Carried Away Collector’s Set ($54.00) ($512 value) (Limited Edition) (Sephora Exclusive) Travel beautifully with this impressive collection of tarte essentials. The all-inclusive set features six eye shadow quads for a show-stopping palette of bold, high-payoff shades in both shimmering and matte formulas. The deluxe maracuja glosses will perk up any pout with a mix of neutral and stunning shades, ranging from pale petal pink to deep crimson. The kit also includes an Amazonian clay 12-hour blush and complementary domed brush to brighten complexions, finishing powder to balance skin, and dramatic mascara for voluptuous, attention-getting lashes.

Musings of a Muse has a pretty thorough list including pictures. I don't know if I can link it here or not but a quick Google search is how I found it.

This is the only Tarte holiday palette that I found. I'll admit I didn't look very hard though.

Carried Away Collector’s Set ($54.00) ($512 value) (Limited Edition) (Sephora Exclusive) Travel beautifully with this impressive collection of tarte essentials. The all-inclusive set features six eye shadow quads for a show-stopping palette of bold, high-payoff shades in both shimmering and matte formulas. The deluxe maracuja glosses will perk up any pout with a mix of neutral and stunning shades, ranging from pale petal pink to deep crimson. The kit also includes an Amazonian clay 12-hour blush and complementary domed brush to brighten complexions, finishing powder to balance skin, and dramatic mascara for voluptuous, attention-getting lashes.

Musings of a Muse has a pretty thorough list including pictures. I don't know if I can link it here or not but a quick Google search is how I found it.
That's so pretty!

I think I'm leaning towards the Tarte palette. On the UD side it's going to cost $59 for 20 eye shadows and a dual ended brush. These shadows are the new formula but I highly doubt they are much different than the old formula. If they are, let me know. The Tarte collection is $54 and you get 24 eye shadows, 8 mini glosses, a brush, mini blush, mini mascara and a face powder. The Vice palette has all new shades that I wouldn't have in my collection but so would the Tarte because I've never bought any of their products. Comparing the two, value is definitely with the Tarte collection.

Pay no attention to me, just thinking out loud.

I read several reviews on Sephora that said the pigmentation of the shadows in the Tarte palette is poor.  If so, that's disappointing, as it was the one that appealed to me the most.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read several reviews on Sephora that said the pigmentation of the shadows in the Tarte palette is poor.  If so, that's disappointing, as it was the one that appealed to me the most.
I wouldn't be surprised. I never get Tarte Holiday palettes because it lacks pigmentation, which was how it was like last year & the year before.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read that, too. I was really interested in it until I read that. I don't own any Tarte shadows, but I've swatched them before with mixed results so I was kinda leary anyway. I'm now thinking about Lorac's Eye Candy and the UD newly revised BOS because I don't own the original one anyway.

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif
 Dancing Pink Elephants cant express how excited I am!  I just
heart.gif
 pretty palettes!

Fruit Pigmented Palettes are back.... the colors are neutral and cool colors. They nourish and hydrate the skin and feel real good!!!

*link removed by mod*

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif
 Dancing Pink Elephants cant express how excited I am!  I just
heart.gif
 pretty palettes!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif
 $50.00 for soo many goodies... hmmmm
11dh.gif

Tinsel Town Collector's Set
This is just one big thread of torture. How awesome are these?! Lovin the Love Sweet Love palettes and polish especially.

I have this! Ooooh! It is really pretty but havent tried everything yet. The Amazonian clay blush is kinda shimmery though, not so me but will still wear it at times. I might say that it didnt last 12 hours on me.

Latest posts

Back