Working as a freelance makeup artist in UK

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I have read all threads on here and since some of them are old I just thought Iw ill strat a new one and see if anyone can help.....

I am qualified beautician (I have qualified in poland - equvialent to NVQ Level 3 in UK) and then I moved to London. I have not been working as a beautician as I am office worker but my passion to makeup is here and I do it not only for myslef but also friends. I would love to start feelancing but I am bit confused about this whole licensing.........does anyone knows if you need licence and liability to work as a freelance make up artist in UK? I have tried to google but lots of webistes tells different information.....anyone worked in UK witout licencse?

Also I really want to do some course in make up - not a profesional make up as I know I wont be able to do it for a living, well at least not at the moemnt but I thought it would be great to have any certificate, anyone tried this school? The Beauty Academy

Thank you fpor any ifo or advice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: removed link

I am not sure about that particular school, but I am sure one of these lovely ladies or gentlemen has some info.

Back