What is one makeup product or item you'll splurge on?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We all probably have a variety of products in our beauty stashes, from high to low end. What is one product or beauty category you'll always shell out money for?

Foundation. My skin is acne prone and any little change in my routine will cause me to have a horrible breakout. The only foundation that I've found that plays nice with my skin is Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+. 

Eyeliner. My skin is doesn't need any TLC but my eyes just don't stand out... It looks so boring! I can't leave home without eyeliner on and I can't bear to think if my eyeliner smeared off. I'm actually scared of having other people see me without eyeliner on! 
icon_redface.gif
 I've tried many eyeliners but I've found that gel pots work the best for me. At the moment, I'm using Rain Cosmetic's Sex Pot Gel Eyeliner in Neck Breakin' Black for $18. It's less than most at Sephora but works just as well. 
wub.gif

Skincare. Even the best makeup won't look good on ill-kept skin. I'm currently using Kiehl's and Maxima. The older I get the more important using great skincare has become.

Hmmm only one?? I cant pick only one; cleanser, toner, moisturizer/night cream, face primer, foundation, and eyeliner are all important to me. Things I dont care so much about are eye shadow, blush, lip liner/stick/lip gloss, mascara. 

For me it would be skin care and my TM. I have extremely sensitive skin and I can't wear a lot of face products like primers, foundations, etc. The only thing I've found that works for me and doesn't break me out is Dermalogica skin care and MAC's Studio Moisture Tint, oh and ELF's mineral makeup but that's only $5. 

definatly foundations. i think the better quality of it, the better, so i'm always wiling

(if i have the $$$ that is) to try some good foundation.

Originally Posted by KimberlyP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skincare. Even the best makeup won't look good on ill-kept skin. I'm currently using Kiehl's and Maxima. The older I get the more important using great skincare has become.
I'm not sure if your a member on Hautelook.com but Keihl's will be on sale starting tomorrow (9/28) I use the oil free moisturizer and I really like it.

For me its foundation and skin care.

Cleansers and lotions/creams. My skin freaks out with so much that when I find products I like I stick to them like glue, regardless of cost.

It would have to be foundation for me. I am obsessed with finding the perfect base it just seems like the higher end suit my troublesome skin better. I just bought the Dior Forever Skin and I love it! Now I am looking at the new MUFE powder. #beautygirlproblems.....

foundation, bronzer, highlighter, and probably eye shadow. sometimes eye liner dpending on how great it is

for me its foundation. everything else i can seem to find in drugstore products...but i am so pale i need a good high end foundation so i dont look orange (atleast i have yet to find a good drugstore foundation that matches).

Primer. Ultimately doesn't matter what eyeshadow I use, how I use it, or whatever. Without primer the world would fall apart. My eyeshadows no matter low-end or high-end would crease and turn grey. My lids are very oily, so to me this is the most important thing I could own, lol.

If we're extending "makeup" to skincare, the Cure Aqua Gel exfoliator is the most expensive beauty product I've gotten, I think - I bought it at a too-expensive price of about $50.  Someone on here has now told me where I can get it for $34, so next time it'll be much better.  But yeah, I expect I'll keep buying.  It works well for me!

Originally Posted by ScarletNight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Primer. Ultimately doesn't matter what eyeshadow I use, how I use it, or whatever. Without primer the world would fall apart. My eyeshadows no matter low-end or high-end would crease and turn grey. My lids are very oily, so to me this is the most important thing I could own, lol.
What primer have you found that works? I have the very same issue. Only my eyelids are oily, not the rest of my face. Ugh.

Loose face powder. I actually don't wear foundation as it's too heavy for my face, so I find powder is my most important product. It's actually the most expensive in my makeup bag too since I use the Smashbox Halo Perfecting Powder.

I don't have one big splurge item. I like to change it up and I will splurge on different things at different times.

I think I'm lucky in that there is at least one somewhat affordable product of every kind that I find acceptable, lol. I mean, I have my ideals when it comes to all makeup products, but if I needed to, I could get by on ELF and Wet n Wild.  General cleanser and moisturizer, I could be okay using just Cetaphil. Fragrance wise, I love perfumes but I could survive with Bath & Body Works mists.

But no matter how tight my budget is, I will not go without Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap. It's completely changed my complexion for the better. So, it's not a big splurge, but I would totally pass up a few meals for it, LOL.

Nars illuminator in orgasim could not live without, I mix it into all foundations and it's my finish on the apple of the cheeks, lasts all day.

Back