More magnetic polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I am a sucker for these magnetic polishes. I like the Sally Hansen, the Ulta version were a disaster, but, I just bought Sinfully Magnetic by SinfulColors. Most of the magnetic ones create waves or lines, but these have a star pattern, and the magnet is actually on a ring! The notch that you use for placement prevents you from banging your nails, which is my biggest problem. Have you guys tried any other brands/types of magnetic polish? Please help me fuel my addiction! (Sorry about the bad pictures, I was using my phone, LOL!)

I've tried one of the Sally Hansen ones. It was a TOTAL disaster. I got one nail to kind of work, but it didn't do the sides of my nail. I then tried turning my nail under the magnet, but they were always too dry to work by the time I got to the other side. And that was if I wasn't tapping the wet nail against the magnet. The polish was so thick too that it posed a new challenge, I had a hard time applying it and making it look nice. I don't know, maybe I need to just try it again. Maybe I need a few tips. Maybe I got a bad bottle...

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried one of the Sally Hansen ones. It was a TOTAL disaster. I got one nail to kind of work, but it didn't do the sides of my nail. I then tried turning my nail under the magnet, but they were always too dry to work by the time I got to the other side. And that was if I wasn't tapping the wet nail against the magnet. The polish was so thick too that it posed a new challenge, I had a hard time applying it and making it look nice. I don't know, maybe I need to just try it again. Maybe I need a few tips. Maybe I got a bad bottle...
Did you put on one coat and let it dry? Then, you apply a second coat one nail at a time and put the magnet over it for about 15 seconds. You can kind of slide the the magnet from side to side. It is hard to get the hang of, but once you do, it is amazing! I know there was another post on it, let me find it and I will post the link
icon_cheesygrin.gif

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/128714/sally-hansen-magnetic-nail-polish

ooh, love the pattern! I've been wanting to try out magnetic polishes but after I paid full price last year for some crackles that immediately went on sale for 1/4 the price a few months later, I decided to wait a while longer before buying any.

how much are the sinful colors ones? since their regular polishes are usually on the cheaper side too, I'd imagine the magnetic ones are cheaper than the other brands?

Some of the Nails Inc. magnetics are on sale at Sephora. Might be worth checking out.

Originally Posted by Bernadette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I only paid $4.99 for the bottle I bought. Not too bad compared to others.
ooh, that sounds great! I saw some Wet 'n Wild ones that were also $5 but resisted the urge to pick a few up, but I much prefer this star pattern to the regular wave patterns, so I'll definitely have to go search for a bottle or two of these soon!

Originally Posted by Bernadette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you put on one coat and let it dry? Then, you apply a second coat one nail at a time and put the magnet over it for about 15 seconds. You can kind of slide the the magnet from side to side. It is hard to get the hang of, but once you do, it is amazing! I know there was another post on it, let me find it and I will post the link
icon_cheesygrin.gif

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/128714/sally-hansen-magnetic-nail-polish
Thanks for the link. I just moved and unpacking boxes isn't the best way to keep a mani looking good. I will give it another shot when life slows up a bit.

I happen to love Layla polishes as it tends to be gorgeous colors. The reason why it's more expensive is because it's made in Italy so it has to be imported. I wish more Layla products were carried in the US because while they're known for their polishes in the US they have a cosmetic line as well.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I happen to love Layla polishes as it tends to be gorgeous colors. The reason why it's more expensive is because it's made in Italy so it has to be imported. I wish more Layla products were carried in the US because while they're known for their polishes in the US they have a cosmetic line as well.
Right now on Sneakpeeq they have Layla nail polishes on there for pretty cheap. If you sign up as a new member, you get $10, free so it would be almost free for 2 bottles. PM me if you need any more info! I just ordered 3 sets!
claps.gif

You're going to love her polishes. I have their 2012 Laylapocket and it's a very thick book with all her current products. I have a several Layla polishes and the colors are absolutely GORGEOUS. Here are my nail wheels from CPNA of her polishes that are available in the US.

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Now that pattern would make me got for this nail polish again. Not a fan of the waves.

Back