Best Mineral Face Powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am confused about finding the best mineral face powder.. my skin is oily and i can't use liquid foundation, i mostly use powder puff as a base for my makeup. Please suggest a cool mineral face powder for oily skin..

What are you confused about?  It sounds like a lot of make up companies are coming out with their own forms of mineral powder foundations.  I tried bareMinerals first and I have stuck with it.  Some people have an allergic reaction, though, so I would go to make up counters in department stores and test different ones out.

You can also do a google search and I think some online mineral make up companies will send you samples.

I have oily skin, also, and I find it helps the most to always moisturize and use primer before putting the powder on.

thanks for your tips.. so you mean to say that mineral base would do good on oily skin.. what i hate about base is the oil that becomes visible after hour or two of application. this thing doesn't happen with dry powder.. well i will try bareMinerals.. !!

It depends on a lot of different things, but to increase your chances of it showing make sure you do prep your face well first.

Do you moisturize your face day and night?  That will probably help with your oil production, so your skin isn't trying to overcompensate for dryness.

I started using mineral makeup because of my oily skin too. I've had really good luck with Lumiere and also Aromaleigh.

Any thing without BISMUTH OXYHOLRIDE, and TITANIUM DIOXIDE (which is dangerous in powder form), and is good. Mary Kay mineral makeup doesn't have those ingredients.

I love the Bare Minerals one! My skin can get oily as well, but this product has never caused problems with my skin. I carry blotting papers with me just in case (I love the Boscia ones!).

I use Lucy Minerals and love it, great coverage. They have 2 different version for oily skin. I don't have oily skin so I do not use those, but they sell samples so it's cheap to give it a try.

I also have oily skin, I would recommend L'Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation.

I use NIVEA Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream under just to cover any blemishes, and it makes it look very natural. 

Edit: Links removed, photos added.

I have had good luck with Everyday Minerals matte foundation. I use it in summertime when it's too hot to wear liquid.

I have been using Bare Minerals for about 5 years and am thinking about changing.  Sometimes it's a bit much and will give me a "less than natural look" now.  (ie, almost caked on, when I'm applying it the same way every day.)  I've heard really good things about the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation. Has anyone here tried that brand?  Can anyone compare it to bare minerals?  I've heard the tones are a bit different so I will make sure to go in person to Sephora to buy, but I'm curious about people's opinions before I pull the trigger.

Other recommendations are also appreciated!

This product might be right for you .. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals ... its a wonder product for oily skin.It absorbs excess oil while completely illuminating your entire face in a sort of diffused glow and Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder, also works great for oily skin.

Originally Posted by marrymemakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This product might be right for you .. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals ... its a wonder product for oily skin.It absorbs excess oil while completely illuminating your entire face in a sort of diffused glow and Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder, also works great for oily skin.
What about for normal/normal-to-dry skin? I definitely don't have oily skin but probably have normal skin, somewhat dry skin in the winter.

Latest posts

Back