Best of 2012 Halloween lashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
So, you all know based on the other thread that I am loving the Fright Night Mesmerizing lashes. Last night I was at Walmart looking for vampire nails for my daughter's costume, and I noticed they had a few new lash styles out since my last visit. I bought a pair, but have since misplaced them in the apartment doh! When I find them I will update. It got me to thinking, what Halloween lashes have popped up this year that are stand outs to you? I love this time of year for stocking up on non-standard lashes.

I did notice that Fred Meyer has a lot of Fright Night lashes that are simply repackaged Ardell lashes from the regular line (such as the 110 lashes), so if you want some regular lashes at a discount these would be worth waiting for when the after Halloween clearance sales hit.

I haven't bought any yet since I have been busy. I really liked the ones you posted in the other thread though.

OK, so I found the ones I lost and they are the Eyelene version of the Fright Night Mesmerizing lashes. But then today I found a new obsession at Bartells ...

The Fantasty Makers in Mysterious!!! OMG!!!!!

You saved me the trouble of having to start a new one on the Wet 'n' Wild lashes. I bought all six versions for 2012 but am probably going to return them since I paid full price and these are going on sale tomorrow.

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Retail: $4.99​
 ​
Check at Fred Meyer (Pacific NW) for their B1G1 50% off sale. Not sure when that sale ends though (which maybe tonight).​

I didn't see them at mine, but will look to see if they came in. I only have 2 pair of they Mysterious lashes.

Freddies is still putting their stuff out. I know one of my local Freddies doesn't have any of the Fantasy Makers stuff out while the other one does have some.

Went to the 2nd Freddies in my area tonight and they have the Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers lashes I posted above for $3.99 each and B1G1 50% off. I returned the ones I bought at ShopKo even though I paid $3.99 each since let's face it, I'd save $6 at Freddies which means more eyelashes. LOL

Also saw they had a totally different display of the Ardell Fright Night lashes. I later went to RiteAid which had the Wild Lashes display which are $6.99.

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

I will probably check this week.

I stopped by the Spirit Halloween store, and while they had the Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers stuff they were quite overpriced. I wanna say twice retail? I was hoping to find some things to embellish my kids' costumes, but left empty handed.

When do you recommend going to get them on sale?

Also would I be able to find these types at my local target, walmart or cvs? I have a local walgreens, but it's kind of a pain to get to/out of the way. If I couldn't find them anywhere else I'd make a trip there just for them.

Where? Depends on where you live to be honest. Here where I live we have a Fred Meyer which is a regional store in the Pacific NW and they have a B1G1 50%. The only sale that ever beats B1G1 50% is B1G1 Free or 50% (which is like B1G1 Free when you buy two items). lol

I think RiteAid still has a 25% off Halloween makeup sale while Walgreens is currently full price. ShopKo has a sale and most of the products are $1 off right now. Haven't seen Fantasy Makers at Target or Walmart.

No clue what Bartell or CVS or Harmons have or what their sales are right now. The Mezmerizing lashes that she got without the bottom lashes are a good price considering that most normal Ardell lashes range from $3.50 to $6.99 depending on where you buy the lashes.

Zadi, did you see the Salon Perfect Fairytale lashes? I could be wrong on the name (not the brand), but near the regular makeup at Walmart they had an end cap with a bunch of lashes and some temporary tattoos. The display was purple and black. I think all of the lashes were $2.98 too.

I don't think so, I might have but when I get focused on one thing (Ardell's Fright Night) I tend to block out of my head anything else that might be of interest. I do think you're right about the name because Salon Perfect does come out with Halloween lashes.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't see that. I didn't see that. *drools*

LOL! Have you caved yet? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just at Wal-Mart and saw those! Didn't get them, but there were some cute ones.

I might wait for them to go on sale. None that I really loved. I saw one set that would have been perfect if they weren't glittery.

Not yet. I'm so tempted but I'm trying so hard to stay in my budget this month. I keep seeing so many things I want then I have to do a reality check and ask myself, "am I going to use it any time soon if ever?" and that brings me back to reality. LOL Though lashes don't expire so I might pick up a few when I go out this weekend to track down the WnW new 8-pans.

LOL! Have you caved yet? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I might wait for them to go on sale. None that I really loved. I saw one set that would have been perfect if they weren't glittery.
When it comes to holiday stuff at big box or pharmacies, I try to catch sales, too. Check for coupons or promos and then scoop some up. I wish we had some of those lashes with paper patterns! The ones with interesting patterns and motifs? I know Sephora sells them, so I could get a pair for Halloween there. But, think I'm working Halloween and the weekend before, which means I'll miss all the costume parties/events.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, so I found the ones I lost and they are the Eyelene version of the Fright Night Mesmerizing lashes. But then today I found a new obsession at Bartells ...

The Fantasty Makers in Mysterious!!! OMG!!!!!

I just picked these up for my halloween costume, they look spectacular! I have never done fake lashes before, ever. 
icon_eek.gif
 Do you guys have any recommendations for glue? Otherwise they are one use only, no?

I noticed these eyelashes on sale for $1 at Sephora.com: http://www.sephora.com/false-eye-lashes-P167712

Back