What do you do when things aren't going right?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like, what do you do when you find yourself feeling depressed, not happy. Maybe things in life aren't happening the way you want them to, you're down on your luck, so to speak. What do you do to keep it together?

Right now I have this problem. Sooooooooo many things I want for myself in life

just aren't happening. Its completely frustrating and very annoying. For one, I do my

best everyday to stay strong, because it won't last forever. I also pray and ask God

to help me. I know He can help me keep my peace and guide me through where I need to go. THEN, I listen to some fun dance music to lift up my mood. No matter how crappy things get, I need to not let myself get too down. Every bad thing comes to its end. :)

When things seem out of control, I try to forget about all the extra stuff and just focus on those couple of things in my life that really matter. For me, my job is really important. As the main breadwinner in the family, if I lost my job we'd have to sell the house and move which would be a major disaster with all our animals. So my advice is to focus on the things in your life that are really important and try to strengthen the ties you have with your support system whether that be your family, friends or your partner (if you have one). Go back to "basics", forget about FB, shopping, acquaintances, vacations, stuff like that. Focus on your priorities example getting your stuff organized, doing a good job at work, and connecting with the people closest to you, building savings, paying bills on time etc. One thing at a time, you'll be ok.
thumbsup2.gif

Cry. Hard. I'm a very emotional person, and it helps for me to cry, especially in those situations where you see no answer or way out.

I find that a long hot bubble bath with time to reflect over whats happening, sort what I have influence over and must run its course. then focus on what I can control/influence. And very important call a friend, some one who will boost you when you need it, some one who can understand you and cares about you.

Good Luck

Thrash one of the cars while listening to music.  Driving a car hard is escapism for me.

Go to a park and just sit in the grass. Take the time to appreciate the simple things. Look at the blades of grass and notice the beauty of their design. I believe that God has a plan for all of us and as much as he cares about the beauty of the small things, he cares so much more about us. You just have to let him in. Just know that you are loved. Think of something simple that you want. Maybe it's a sundae from Sonic or you want to buy a new dress. Treat yourself to that small thing. Write a list of the things that are not going well in your life. List them all. Don't be afraid of judgment because only you will see it. Then write a list of everything you are thankful for. Once you compare the two, you will begin to see that the big problems aren't as big as you think they may be. Pick one problem that you can control and fix it. Don't put it off. The longer you put it off, the more it will stress you. Procrastination is such a huge creator of stress. The main problem may not even be that big, but the stress that surrounds it can be overwhelming. Hope this helps you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a list maker. If I'm depressed I make a mental list of all the things going well for me, even if there isn't much. Then I make a list of what is wrong with my life. I try to find solutions to the things that are wrong, working my way up from the easy problems to things that are more difficult (like finding a job). When I am stressed from things out of my control, like a fight with someone, I try to eliminate myself from the situation and focus on something else that is productive like organizing and cleaning my cosmetic stash or doing a craft.

-Sarah

When I'm sad I talk to my friends and my therapist. Making sure you're in good company that's not only willing to provide sound and respected advice but also willing to listen and just be present for you is important and extremely therapeutic. If you have a friend like that, don't lose sight of them, people like that are so very few in the world! Aside from that, I love to clean my room. 
redface.gif
 I'm not really a neat freak, but decluttering my room cleans my mind. When you're in an environment that feels spacious and roomy, your mind also feels uncluttered. If you don't have time for that, grab a bottle of champagne or sparkling cider/grape juice and give yourself a toast to your life. I never get tired of doing that, and it always cheers me up a little bit. 
smiletongue.gif

When I'm sad, there isn't one set thing you can count on me doing. Rather, there's a list of things I do to give it away.

I'm very talkative. I don't ever shut up and almost always put my 2cents in (however I'm not mean about it, so my family and friends tolerate me, lol) so one giveaway is when I'm quiet or don't have much to say.

Something else is crying. I'm a pretty emotional chick. So I'll just cryyy it out til there aren't tears left. That actually makes me feel better and lighter.

I also cuddle with my cats or dogs. Animals are pretty good about letting you cry all over them and just being there.

I jam out to music too, or drive around for a bit. Gas prices suck, but it's worth it if it makes me feel better.

When I feel bad my boyfriend is kind of my security blanket. He hugs me, watches a movie with me, or cuddle with me until I get to feel better. Sometimes he even asks if I'd like to take a walk with him outside - and he HATES taking walks, but does it for me to feel better. He supports me in every way and that makes me strong and able to handle tough times very well.

My boyfriend is my backbone when I'm feeling down and under the weather. He makes me laugh and smiles when things are going in the right direction. Recently I lost my job, and it took me awhile to tell him. I thought he was gonna be upset but he wasn't. He just told me that I would find something else and that everything will be fine.

I have just recently watched a documentary called "the secret", and I strongly recommend watching it. I know it's not all the answers to all our problems, but it will help you take all the negative things in your life and help you turn them into positives.. Everytime I have these bad feelings/thoughts or things aren't going my way i think of this documentary and what it has taught me to focus on. It also comes in a book, i found it easier to understand and get the full understanding by the movie. 

PLEASE WATCH THIS PEOPLE !!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back