Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I"m sad to say I've cancelled both of my BA accounts. I just don't have the space for any more samples. I'll resubscribe once I use up about a million of the things I have.

I only resubbed for the LashEm as a gift for my mom.  I want to keep my PopSugar must have bag.. so I had to say byebye to BA

Aside from my initial box, I've yet to find anything interesting in Beauty Army, so I've stayed cancelled thus far. One of the nice things about that is that when/if anything interesting DOES come along, I can just re-up. Much easier than trying to skip every month, IMHO.

We are in the same boat. Except I think you have CHAD FLIPPIN' MICHAELS in yours.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aside from my initial box, I've yet to find anything interesting in Beauty Army, so I've stayed cancelled thus far. One of the nice things about that is that when/if anything interesting DOES come along, I can just re-up. Much easier than trying to skip every month, IMHO.

Not to threadjack, but Chad is an AMAZING human being :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> He and I had a wonderful talk when he was out here recently (and he loved that I was the only person in the audience who got his La Mer joke while doing his Cher schtick) about everything from cosmetics to airlines. Yeah, I'm guilty of askin' drag queens for makeup tips--I admit it! (And apparently I taught HIM a few things, too lol). 

You know, I'd almost completely forgotten about BA until I got my e-mail this morning that my selection for the month was open. I don't think it's a good sign for a sub that it's that forgettable. Anyway, I logged on to check my option and the selection is... okay. I do feel like they're listening to our feedback and adding more cosmetics items, since I feel like for a lot of us that was a major complaint. I was also surprised that the Lashem was still available -- they added it about a week after I made my last selection and I figured it would be gone by the time my next window opened up. Does anybody have any thoughts/reviews of the Lashem? It's probably going to be the deciding factor for me this month. There are a couple of other interesting things (a full-size scrub, and that coral poppy lipstick/gloss dup looks pretty), but they're all things I can live without.

I was going to skip this month since I haven't gotten a box since April, nothing ever appeals to me but I am pretty happy with the selections I got this month!

How did you girls get the Lashem to pop up for you? I have been trying and still hasnt showed up for me.

Originally Posted by missana90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did you girls get the Lashem to pop up for you? I have been trying and still hasnt showed up for me.
try getting on at 11 am central time, they always put new samples

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was going to skip this month since I haven't gotten a box since April, nothing ever appeals to me but I am pretty happy with the selections I got this month!

that is an amazing box...I'd be extatic

The selections were decently pleasing, but I did decide to skip. I like Beauty Army, and I wanted about 4 samples REALLY badly, but the other two were "meh" for me. I'd rather try and buy a few samples on ebay from a really nice cosmetics seller this time around -- she's raising money for a surgery for her pup, so I figure that I'd rather put the $12 to those samples! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think BA are doing better since subs open at 9am everyday. I do occasionally see new stuff but just doesn't give me the excitement like I had at the first few months with them. My sub opens in 30minutes but I have to go in 15 minutes...sigh.

Beauty Army is one of my least favorite subs. What they did was, at 9am pacific time every day, they "unlock" the most wanted samples (full size and most desirable). Unless you choose around that time daily, ur only options will be the same stuff you don't want every month (packets, perfumes, etc). I don't understand why they do this. I guess if it's to preserve the good ones for everyone to get a chance, that's good. I guess its better to have a shot at the really good stuff than take the quiz repeatedly until you give up. I was actually hoping this month would be lame so I could skip and save money. I chose: Lashem lash gel Skinn cosmetics coral poppy lipstick/gloss You Da Balm grapefruit lip balm Pedicure pad Sukiface foaming cleanser And atzen day cream The Lashem alone is $90! And 4 items I chose are full sized. That's what makes beauty army worth it. I don't like the way they operate, but I do kind of like how we get a really great box, then next month if it's back to the normal "you've already chosen everything" samples I can save money and skip!

I stayed a bit and waited till the subs open. Everything I wanted pop out except for the Lashem :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been trying for two days and can't get the lash stuff either....if I can't get it I will skip..its the only thing I really wanted this month

Latest posts

Back