New Haul! (To be updated tomorrow with my CP sleek palettes)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eeep! *excited* This is basically what I've acquired in the past two weeks from my two deliveries today and two last week involving purchases made from the lj comm mac_cosmetics and from Sephora.

Sephora: (spent only $55 cause my friends gave me a $40 gift card)

1. Tokidoki Pitura Brushes: on sale

2. 2 Tokidoki Solid Perfumes: on sale

3. Diorshow New Look Set: for the same price they sell the mascara alone, so I figured I did a good job to get this with the mini eyeshadow (and yeah, it's very mini, lol, but good for travel)

4. Dollskin Cheek Palette: on sale. And god I was lusting. And now I has. And I'm very happy. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

5. Fresh Lip Duo: my sephora bday gift, smells minty

6. Guerlain Le Petit Robe Noir: 5ml, free, and smells nice

7. 2 Stila mini waterproof mascaras: 200pts, and worth it for when you're on the go.

8. Perfume samples of: Marc Jacobs (smells like bananas, lol), Lancome (awful), and Bvlgari (okay)

LJ Comm: (spent $94)

1. MAC Pigment in Violet (OJ and full)

2. MAC Pigment in Cocomotion (OJ and full)

3. MAC Pigment in New Fixation (BNIB, NJ and gorgeous btw!)

4. MAC Pigment Vial in Rose (full)

5. MAC Pigment Vial in Teal (full)

6. MAC Solar Bits in Black Ore (BNIB): May I just say holy crap this looks like pure liquid metal on the lids when applied. You have to crush it before application with a brush and flat surface, but omg, this thing is Ah-Mazing! I wore this on my bday, and I wish I had taken pictures with it on, but if you ever have the chance to get your hands on this, do so!

*update: The sleek palettes! And Nordstrom goodies!

My Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 and V2 came in!!! 

And after work, I went into Nordstrom Rack cause someone told me they sell Stila and other silly binness. Got myself two Urban Decay palettes (in Midnight Emergency, and something I don't know the name of), Lorac Femme Fatale Palette, and NYX Smokey Purples.

It's so weird my recent craze with palettes. Then again, I'm surprised it didn't hit me sooner when I was making multiple trips back and forth between NYC and Florida to visit my mom back in the day.

These are really amazing products. I have use some of them . They works really well. Specially the mascara .

Yeah I'm wearing the mascara right now, and it's been no-budge after 12 hrs. Not even a tad (and I usually get a small bit at least from my Diorshow). 

Originally Posted by ScarletNight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 and V2 came in!!! 
icon_eek.gif
 Ooooooooo!!!  I liiiiike!
smilehappyyes.gif

Awesome haul!

I just picked up the Lorac and Urban Decay palettes at my Nordstrom Rack too! How do you like them?

I'm absolutely in LOVE with the Lorac Femme Fatale palette. First I'm in love with the fact that it has some nice cooler toned shades (not that I'll actually use this palette on clients cause I'm being very selfish here). Second, the mattes are very nice, smooth, buttery, and the shimmers very nicely pigmented. I had no issues with fallout and I was pleasantly surprised just how long-lasting the eyeshadows were. 

Basically I used the palette on Sunday morning, didn't sleep until Monday afternoon, and they trucked right through this so well. This never happens as I have really oily lids, so even primer at this point gives up after 10-12 hrs. The shadows didn't crease or smudge or budge which had me really excited. 

Also it's such a nice little palette to carry around. Fits right in my hand, is very lightweight, and carries its own mirror. The brush I haven't used because it looks cheap and too small and just like a general paint brush that I have no purpose for. But yes, I know I can't ramble enough about this palette. And that they were on sale has me tempted to go and buy a backup of this. Such a nifty thing for travel.

The unnamed Urban Decay palette is okay. I bought that primarily because it was on sale. I am frustrated that at this point I have about a bajillion shattered and chopper eyeshadows from their palettes (the lack of variety in each palette annoys me to no end). Also I'm not the biggest fan of their glittery eyeshadows because I'm not a huge fan of glitters to begin with, and this one has 4 of them. The bright side is it had Last Call, and I definitely wanted to test out because I wasn't too sure it was worth buying separately. 

Personally, from the standpoint of using one palette to do a full eyeshadow look (lid, highlight, crease, and crease-to-highlight blend) this palette isn't as worth it for me like the Lorac palette, because I could never and would never use Grind or Uzi as a highlight. This palette is a very two-eyeshadows-at-a-time palette for me. 

omg, everything looks amazing!!! really nice haul :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want an UD palette, but they are so pricey! I do know it's worth tho, so maybe I'll splurge on one eventually

Did u get the solar bits from the Mac website? I can't seem to find them on there.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omg, everything looks amazing!!! really nice haul :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want an UD palette, but they are so pricey! I do know it's worth tho, so maybe I'll splurge on one eventually
I bought the above UD palettes at Nordstrom Rack. I'm not sure how far away the closest one may be to you, but if it's not too far it's definitely worth checking out. They usually sell UD, Stila, Lorac, Napoleon Perdis, and NYX items at sale prices. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did u get the solar bits from the Mac website? I can't seem to find them on there.
Nope, I got them from the mac_cosmetics livejournal comm. They're discontinued products, but occasionally you'll find user sales with solar bits. I picked up Black Ore and Scatterays from there (within two weeks from each other). And from time to time see Impassioned and other solar bits products floating around. Definitely join the comm or specktra if you're looking to get your hands on it. 

JEALLY! I really want the Sleek matte palettes but they don't ship to US? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sad. Something in the formula I think? SIGH.

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

JEALLY! I really want the Sleek matte palettes but they don't ship to US? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sad. Something in the formula I think? SIGH.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the pigments involved. But my skin (*knocks on wood*) hasn't had a bad reaction yet to these cosmetics. Some of the palettes to actually ship to the US. Like the Motown-inspired palettes - Respect and Supremes. Otherwise for the rest (Acid Divine, Ultra Mattes, etc) you have to hope that someone in a makeup comm from the UK is kind enough to buy them for you and send them which is what I did through the livejournal community I posted about. 

I'm probably gonna order soon for the Motown palettes and the blushes that Wayne Goss reviewed cause they look gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back