Perfect Red lipstick/lipcolor

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so happy! :icon_bigg

Today I went to the MAC counter today and not only did I find the perfect nude lipstick (Deliciously Rich), but I also found my perfect red. I got the Laquer in Fanplastico and it is amazing! The woman was giving me too light of colors (because she said that she doesn't look good with dark red) and finally she gave me Fanplastico, which is a nice blue-red that looks amazing on my light olive skin. I would definitely recommend it to those with similar skin tone (Asian, Mediterranean, etc. ethnically).

What are your favorite red lipcolors?

Hmmm, you have me curious about THAT one now. I have been very disappointed in the MAC reds I've tried and most other brands for that matter. I never even TRIED to wear it until I married my hubby, I always felt like red wore me rather than the other way around! I am on the fair side with pink and yellow tones (I think). Anyway, he loves red and thinks I look great in it, so I have found my standbys. I have Max Factor Lipfinity in two red shades, one is a true deep red, and the other a little lighter with slight brown tones. (Sorry, but the shade isn't shown on the tube.) I use the more subtle second one all the time! It varies nicely with the color of gloss I use on top. It wears like iron being long lasting, I don't have too worry about the red going everywhere. The first one I use when I want to impress my hubby, not so much for daytime use! I also like the color of Lancome's Juicy Wear in Seductive Berry. I like the initial look of the Lancome best of all for intense color, but I don't think it wears as well as the Lipfinity. Plus, late in the day, I can reapply the Lipfinity, the Lancome goes on awfully for touchups.

Every other red I try to wear ends up migrating to other parts of my face. I must smoosh my lips together too much, trying to find the moisture. I have tried red glosses, and lipstick after lipstick. IF the color is good, then it wears badly. (And usually the color is too pink, orange, or coral.) I have been wondering about the Prestige or Milani brands though, because at least I wouldn't be out much....

I have fanplastico too!! It is very pretty. My favorite red is Benefit "Bachelor Pad" Perfect red for me!! To keep my lipgloss and lipstick from feathering I use the Benefit De-Groovie and it works sooo well.

Hi,

My perfect red is Wild and Crazy C131-Jazzy.:icon_love , sold at most beauty and barber supply stores. It's a deep blue-red. This is another good lip and eye company like NYX.

I really want to know what l/s you are wearing in your avatar, that's a plum to die for!

When I went to MAC looking for a brick red, I wound up with Spice It Up which is now one of my favorite colors, but I don't think of it as Red, I think of it as more of a reddish Brown so my search for the perfect red continues.

:clap My favorite reds are Bad Girl RED and Ruby LiP Lacquer by Astarte Cosmetics.

I also like the RIPE CHERRY color by Aularale Cosmetics.

Thanks for the replies guys, it is nice to know that others have had equal difficulty in finding the "perfect red" and I might try some of your recommendations. :icon_cool

dubonnet is a very pretty darker red and viva glam 1 is very pretty too

When it comes to reds, my all time favorite is Dark Side by Mac (looks even better with their burgundy liner). I almost exclusively wear Darker reds and plums.

I love reds:icon_love ,I have so many at home,but I always want more of them,lol

half the lipsticks I own are red, the rest is mostly bright fuschias, a few burgundys, and a couple of pinks for good measure haha.

My fav red is MACs Red Hot. Its really nice, so of course they discontinued it. Though I think Powerhouse is really close.

Oh, oh, oh, I have a new one! And I REALLLLLY like it! Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Go Currant. I have to go post a review, this may be my HG red lipstick. I got it because I was trying to duplicate Clinique Butter Shine and they both are gels. Super duper moisturization, it feels great on and continues to moisturize hours later. This color is crimson, I would say, it is semi sheer, so it doesn't look overpowering, but you can build up the color if you want to. Now, every other red gloss or very moisturizing red I've had has ended up going all over the edges of my mouth. I know, wear a reverse liner or whatever, but the one I've used made it worse and I'm looking for quick and simple every day, not more complicated. Anywho, long story short, this one is light, glossy, moisturizing and didn't migrate all over! Will wear another day at work and then I'll know if it really is hg material!

Back