The Look Bag - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bag today! I like it, and will absolutely use everything in it. The packet sample is an either/or item, and I got the one I'd prefer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The stila shadow appears to be discontinued as it is the mineral matte line,  so if you are one who won't use any discontinued products, be forewarned. I'm personally okay with this one and will use it.

York lip balm - a bit minty, but no overwhelming scent or flavor. I like the texture! The value on this is $3.

Stila mineral matte eyeshadow in Sajama...this is a matte, dark blueish gray. It's pretty and a shade I don't already own...will be great to use  as a liner or in the crease. I think stila may have discontinued their mineral matte shadows? Or at least they aren't as widely available anymore...but they can still be bought at beautybar in several of the shades. 

Freeman Beautiful Body Wash - this is the either/or item...the other item is the Bare Foot scrub, which is nice, but I have the full size. This is a cucumber, melon, and ginseng scent. Should get a couple of uses out of the sachet. My walmart sells Freeman satchets for $1.99 so I will give that value here.

Pixi lip and line primer - never tried this but it's cool! A lip primer on one side and a liner to prevent color bleed on the other. Excited to try this. Also has a value of $18.

POP Beauty nail polish - this looks like a black crackle! Fun and perfect for halloween. Never tried the brand, and I don't have anything similar. Has a value of $10.

All in all, I am happy with this bag, and it has a good value.

That said, I don't think I'm going to keep my Look Bag sub. I'm glad I tried it out again, but I have to cut the budget, and if I drop this one and Sample Society, I can try out Starbox with no guilt. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed up for the look bag when it first started last time and it was never one that really stuck with me. I am still contemplating signing up again but that's a pretty decent bag. I have said this before about other box services but that is a better box than some of the BB I have been getting in the recent months!

I love what you got in your bag! They actually just called me on the phone to get me to rejoin. I only joined before they quit for 1 month, so it wasn't like I'd been a long time customer. I signed up again to give them a try. I'll be so disappointed if I don't get the same stuff you did. I'd especially like to try the 2 in 1 product. (Won't say what it is so as not to spoil the surprise for those who don't want to know.) I am a bit nervous my bag will be different though. They said it will have 3 full size products in it but yours looks like it has 4. So we'll see. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love what you got in your bag! They actually just called me on the phone to get me to rejoin. I only joined before they quit for 1 month, so it wasn't like I'd been a long time customer. I signed up again to give them a try. I'll be so disappointed if I don't get the same stuff you did. I'd especially like to try the 2 in 1 product. (Won't say what it is so as not to spoil the surprise for those who don't want to know.) I am a bit nervous my bag will be different though. They said it will have 3 full size products in it but yours looks like it has 4. So we'll see. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed.
I hope you get it! I'm loving the 2 in 1 product and yes, there are 4 full sized products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am loving the new look bag already!

My Stila is a beautiful deep matte purple! The lip primer is very cool....it makes my lips very smooth and it's the perfect base for lipstick! The York balm could be more minty so you get that WHOA! York peppermint feeling, but I think the square tube is cute haha...the black crackle is cool and they body wash will go to use. I love this bag!!
And that's def 4 full sized products...they were being modest when they said 3 lol!

Now THAT'S a good box. It makes me wish I still had a subscription with them.

I used the POP polish yesterday and yes, it is a crackle polish! I used it over the orange I got from myGlam...yay Halloween!!

And I like that the balm doesn't have petroleum. I won't put petroleum products on my mouth, yuck.

If the next few bags are as good as this one, I will resub. I just have to cut my budget for a bit, BOO heat bills! lol.

Currently the Look Bag has a 25% off coupon code:

Enter Promo Code TLB at checkout and you will receive 25% OFF of your first Look Bag!

I love these! I am not familiar with this one, and I will keep my eye on the next box or two before I decide whether or not to sign up.

My look bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Love it

Wow, this bag looks great!  I am so glad I subscribed when they relaunched.  I am excited to try the Pixi product the most!

Originally Posted by fridaypeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Currently the Look Bag has a 25% off coupon code:

Enter Promo Code TLB at checkout and you will receive 25% OFF of your first Look Bag!
I used this code and it came out to just over $9 for the month.  That is WAY more than 9 bucks worth of products!

Bummer on missing the code - just signed up last night. Seems like a potentially interesting service, but that website.....wowsers. 
icon_eek.gif
 Their email said they are sending the box out right away, but I wonder if that means I get the one everyone has been posting, or next month's?

Originally Posted by zatanna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bummer on missing the code - just signed up last night. Seems like a potentially interesting service, but that website.....wowsers. 
icon_eek.gif
 Their email said they are sending the box out right away, but I wonder if that means I get the one everyone has been posting, or next month's?
They said on the FB that you get the current month's items during that current month...so it would still be the October bag

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They said on the FB that you get the current month's items during that current month...so it would still be the October bag
Cool - thanks. That bag looks nice! 

as soon as i saw the whole "three full size products this month," i went for the 25% off deal. now that i see the contents, all i really like is the duo and wont get much use out of it, but will save it for special occasions. *sigh* i need to quit testing these sub services out and stick with what i like

Hmmm... I already have a subscription to Birchbox (and I'm a lucky one this month) and to MyGlam/Ipsy. But this looks cool too. Can one have too many subscriptions? 
icon_redface.gif

Debating... debating...

Latest posts

Back