How To Make My Face Less Chubby?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

redface.gif

Front Row Chubby (better pictures I hope)

Not everybody has top models cheek bones but everybody could dream about having them:)

I have weakness for dark blushes like red.

Can't wear any bronzer (looks horrible).

I'm interested in any other make up way to look less like cherub from baroque fresco.

Of course I could stop smiling but hope it's not the only one way:)

A full face pic straight on is better, just my suggestion. Do you contour? That's your best bet.. By applying a darker foundation or color corrector to areas like temples, jaw line, sides of nose, and under cheek bones will help. It'll create more depth and add highlighting for contrast and to play up features that light would normally hit first. Contouring will create shadows and accentuate what is already there... Kim Kardashian is someone who's makeup is a perfect example of what contouring can do for your face. There are some other threads here about contouring or you can look for tutorials on YouTube for a visual step by step.

that's great advice.. be careful about going too dark on foundation. Your skin is so light, you don't want a two tone affect.

Once you've looked at all the tutorials... sit down at one of the makeup counters and have someone do a makeover on you and get hands on tips of what they're doing and ask them what they suggest too. May have to buy something.. but it's great information.

use bronezer under your cheekbones, & temples to countur your face & add some peachy/coral blush on the apples of your cheeks.watch this

Wow, I pay $ to make my face more chubby! I use radiesse a couple times a yr, to give it more volume. I think chubbiness in the face makes people appear more youthful.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A full face pic straight on is better, just my suggestion. Do you contour? That's your best bet.. By applying a darker foundation or color corrector to areas like temples, jaw line, sides of nose, and under cheek bones will help. It'll create more depth and add highlighting for contrast and to play up features that light would normally hit first.

Contouring will create shadows and accentuate what is already there... Kim Kardashian is someone who's makeup is a perfect example of what contouring can do for your face. There are some other threads here about contouring or you can look for tutorials on YouTube for a visual step by step.
flowers.gif

Full face pic tomorrow:) After some trting with ...with blush because I have no bronzer. Any:)

Kim is somebody who seems to have everything under perfect control - mean look.

Originally Posted by cmhughes02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

D: i wish i could make everything less chubby.

but emphasize contouring. 
flowers.gif

For me- just face.

I'm very skinny so should have skinny face nad cheek bones.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I pay $ to make my face more chubby! I use radiesse a couple times a yr, to give it more volume. I think chubbiness in the face makes people appear more youthful.
flowers.gif

At some point of life it's definite plus, but it's not that moment yet.
redface.gif

I know that having chubby face means less wrinkles but now is now.

Think everyone wants something else than have.

Originally Posted by NaturalOrganicB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's great advice.. be careful about going too dark on foundation. Your skin is so light, you don't want a two tone affect.

Once you've looked at all the tutorials... sit down at one of the makeup counters and have someone do a makeover on you and get hands on tips of what they're doing and ask them what they suggest too. May have to buy something.. but it's great information.
flowers.gif
In fact I'm pale (not so Mirror Mirror pale as I wish, but still pale).

Thought contouring is for make up artists (and for many of beautiful faces of MUT for sure) not for my two left hands:)

Have to try with what I have and I have not much.

Two blushes
redface.gif
 One red :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And seems I have to think of shopping which I really....hate.

Weird I know.

If it's about another pair of shoes or another sunnies it's ok, but beauty
sadno.gif

DON'T TRY TO CONTOUR WITH BRONZER!!!!!!!!!!

Bronzer has a warm under tone, and warm undertones are aggressive this means the color carries further, When you contour you should use a brown with a cool undertone (grey) because cool tones are recessive. These are not my rules these rules can be seen every day look at traffic lights----red tells you to stop you can see it from great distances green tells you to go a cool tone you can't see it until you are close to it.

When I contour with powders I use a matte, taupe color with a goat hair brush, applied at the base of the cheek bone and stopping before the outside corner of the eye or you break the focal.

Use bronzer as you would cheek color, it just has a mystical name.

Full faces photograph better and look younger longer.

People here in LA pay a lot of money for fillers and cheek implants to have a face like yours, you are so lucky

Quote:

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DON'T TRY TO CONTOUR WITH BRONZER!!!!!!!!!!

Bronzer has a warm under tone, and warm undertones are aggressive this means the color carries further, When you contour you should use a brown with a cool undertone (grey) because cool tones are recessive. These are not my rules these rules can be seen every day look at traffic lights----red tells you to stop you can see it from great distances green tells you to go a cool tone you can't see it until you are close to it.

When I contour with powders I use a matte, taupe color with a goat hair brush, applied at the base of the cheek bone and stopping before the outside corner of the eye or you break the focal.

Use bronzer as you would cheek color, it just has a mystical name.

Full faces photograph better and look younger longer.

People here in LA pay a lot of money for fillers and cheek implants to have a face like yours, you are so lucky

flowers.gif

Really...?
confused.gif

In Europe we're obsessed with cheek bones, skinny faces.

Even European models have always that kinda "skinny" Twiggy alike face shape.

If almost every common girl here looks like me (mean face)- difference is the thing.

So we're trying to do all we can to make face more skinny.

Yesterday I was looking for some brushes - finally bought MAC 109 Small Contour Brush and 191 Square Foundation Brush.

168 Blush Brush already have.

I was looking for bronzer but in every I look "not me".

I can also try with highlighter but every time I put it on...the place where I should have cheek bones and the result is having baby cheeks.

To make my face look more skinny I wear dark lipsticks- red, coral.

Maybe it's wrong.

Maybe nude lips would make my cheek bones exist...

Here's with no pony tail and with highlighter.

Thought my make up inspiration could be  Marcia Cross.

I was thinking of Marcia  Cross make up because we have the same face shape, eyes shape, nose shape.

Originally Posted by me-anja /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

flowers.gif

Really...?
confused.gif

In Europe we're obsessed with cheek bones, skinny faces.

Even European models have always that kinda "skinny" Twiggy alike face shape.

If almost every common girl here looks like me (mean face)- difference is the thing.

So we're trying to do all we can to make face more skinny.

Yesterday I was looking for some brushes - finally bought MAC 109 Small Contour Brush and 191 Square Foundation Brush.

168 Blush Brush already have.

I was looking for bronzer but in every I look "not me".

I can also try with highlighter but every time I put it on...the place where I should have cheek bones and the result is having baby cheeks.

To make my face look more skinny I wear dark lipsticks- red, coral.

Maybe it's wrong.

Maybe nude lips would make my cheek bones exist...

Here's with no pony tail and with highlighter.

Thought my make up inspiration could be  Marcia Cross.

There is nothing wrong with contouring just use the correct color. 

When you shadow the cheek area use a soft brown with a grey undertone because all skin tones are brown, light, medium, and dark, the grey undertone because cool tones are recessive this means that it pushes in so you can help create more shape with less dark.

Use the little triangular  piece on the side of your ear, feel the cheek bone from this area and this is where you place the shadow, stopping by the outside corner of the eye and making sure to use the same angle the bone follows. Use a very light hand to apply the taupe eye shadow, and blend.

When you photograph your face lower the angle of the camera you are shooting down ward and this angle will always make your face look bigger

Thanks for contouring advices
flowers.gif

I'm trying but stll doesn't work as good as I wish.

Maybe that's becaust my make up routine is...tinted creme or (rarely) one foundation.

Think chubby face is something that HAVE to got away with or like
redface.gif

Just have to.

I won't pretend anyone with perfect-skinny face.

Try to believe there are places where baby face is the thing.

And try to find some make up made for making chubiness something like plus.

Some models or actress may have chubby faces too.

Have to find their make up.

If any idea....or pictures....
flowers.gif

I really can't tell what the shape of your face is, because the camera angle distorts everything. more than any makeup, your hairstyle or haircut really changes the shape of your face. I can't really tell much about your hairstyle from the picture either, but in general you can: add more volume to your hair, do a side part, get layers (esp to frame your face), etc. 

Trust me, you'll be glad to have a chubbier young face as you get older. It tends to keep away wrinkles unlike a skinny face.

Back