What was the last pair of shoes you purchased?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I bought a pair of Vaneli black suede wedges. I would guess the wedge is about 3" in height. The toes are slightly rounded. I think the shoes will look cute with skirts, dresses and pants.

What about you? Inspire me, please!

I got these really comfortable Sam Edelman flats at Nordstrom Rack.

They aren't stiff and cushion-less like most flats i encounter.

Wedged sneakers from Bakers. I'd been looking for a pair that would suit my style and also not cost a fortune for a while and I finally found these and I was sold after I tried them on. They're super comfortable.

so I JUST discovered a TJ Maxx with a 'runway' section--they have LOADS of designer brands for affordable prices.. I found the cutest Michael Kors coat for only $70, and it was so hard to resist lol. I was thrilled when I found my first TJ Maxx a year ago, but compared to the one I just went to (which is only a few miles further), my old one looks like a Ross lol.

Not only do they have a runway section, but all their clothes are just infinitely more stylish. I just picked up these Heartsoul "Kacia" booties for $25, originally $80 last season:

not sure how I feel about the bungee-cord orange shoelaces, I might replace that with a dark brown for something more neutral. My favorite part is the outsole--a lot of heels have virtually no traction and the heels are just tiny sticks of soft plastic. Which is fine for anyone who walks like a lady and has a good sense of balance, but bad for someone as clumsy as I am. Love that these are trip-proof ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also bought these XOXO oxford booties, also $25:

I would have preferred the black/grey, but those didn't come in my size :/ one of the major bummers about shopping at a discount store. Still like the brown ones though! These are like the perfect oxfords, I've been looking for these for soo long.

There was another pair of shoes for $60 that I fell in looove with, but I figured it was better to get these two instead. Haha I'm kind of worried I even found that store, because I know it's going to be hard to resist buying everything I see. Going to give myself at least a week before I go back.. btw, love all the other shoes! those red boots are so hot :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Before two days I was searching for the branded sandal. I was seeing the sandal which is of good quality and also at cheap rates. I have found a sandal at online site that I love to purchase that is of Metro brand and the price is affordable for me. So I bought it immediately.

Bought all these on the same day :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just ordered some 'Wanted' White Snakeskin Combat boots from BTR. Cant wait to get them!

I just bought a pair of black Jeffrey Campbell Litas. I have a couple of other pairs of Litas, but no black ones, so I had to get some.

Ahhh, I'm trying to remember. Oh! I purchased a pair of Steve Madden flats for $70 a few weeks ago. Oh, but I wore the wrong shoes to work last week, and had to run to Ross to buy a pair of who-the-hell-can-remember-the-name-I-didn't-want-them-in-the-first-place flats for like, $14. So, whichever one you want to count:)

Coal-black, soft leather, Doc Marten's boots that lace up to just below the knee & fit snugly all the way up my calves. Yep, ARMY BOOTS for girls hahaha :) Found them in a spectacular, tiny little shop owned by a really nice Scottish guy who looked like one of the aging Sex Pistols, way down a strange, narrow, Chinatown alley in the city we stayed for our 2 week Christmas holiday. Best $200 I've ever spent! They look great with jeans/leggings/jeggings/anything that has a skinny fit to them, as well as skirts or dresses with opaque, patterned tights. Even fishnets! They're incredibly soft, comfortable, thick leather which makes it so much easier for me to be walking around for hours at a time - like we were during our holidays. No sore feet or tired legs because the design of the boot supports everything from under the knee down. They even fold down & can be worn as a shorter boot if I want. The lining in them is a super-cute, pink plaid pattern, so they look nice folded over too. I can also wear them in any weather or take our dog to the park on muddy days with absolutely no damage done to them. Just wipe em off, rub some dubin into them & they look brand new. But I kinda like getting them scuffed up anyways :) I love my platform heels & wedges, stilettos and others, but they're definitely not designed for ultimate comfort or any type of environment. These boots will just get better with age, and I'll be happily wearing them for the next 10 years or longer, long after my dressier shoes have bit the dust. Well worth every penny. Sorry, I'm on my iPhone & can't upload a stinking photo :-(

Back in November, I got a pair of Steve Madden black lace up flat ankle boots.  I love them - they're so comfortable!

Latest posts

Back