Body Type rant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mini rant:

Sometimes I want to punch people who call people fat, who arn't. By that I mean they have an hour glass figure but arn't fat. The media idolizes boyish figures and it drives me nuts! D: I'm one of those girls who people call fat but isn't because of my bone structure. So, i'm just ranting because i'm tired of it but i mean beauty comes in all shapes. WAHHH sorry. I'm having a crappy day.

Those curvy, thick girls? That'd be me lol. Generously endowed in some areas. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> People come in all shapes and sizes and it is sad we are quick to judge on such shallow aspects. Could I be smaller? Yes, but I am the first to admit I don't love working out. Do I get a little self conscious, definitely. But, I'm actually pretty satisfied and secure with myself most days. I am more than a little jiggle when I walk, more than a horrible zit, more than a face with makeup and it's a shame if someone can't see that. Their problem, not mine.

Yeah, i could afford to lose ten pounds but my hip bones go out really far and you can feel my ribs D: 

I just hate that people are so judgmental sometimes. 

this is me and i honestly dont think im fat.

You're not! Nothing wrong with your body. I used to be insecure about many aspects of myself, my weight, ethnic background, face ... But not so much, I'm comfortable and most days happy with what I see. Familiar with Maya Angelou? I love that poem she wrote, Phenomenal Woman. Every female should read and know that; it's empowering and a great tribute to what we are.

I recently discovered spanx, and I am hooked. I feel much more comfortable in my clothes, and they are surprisingly comfy.

you are NOT fat. You look like a WOMAN. I am the EXACT same size as you, except for the fact I have freakishly narrow hips :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I too could afford to lose a few pounds, but I do not consider myself fat and I'm actually fairly comfortable with my body.

I recently discovered spanx, and I am hooked. I feel much more comfortable in my clothes, and they are surprisingly comfy.
Amazing product, right? I need more lol. Perfect to smooth out lines and give a seamless look. I have quite a few other friends, all different shapes, who swear by them!

You aren't fat but your clothing is giving the impression that you are. You should wear clothes that are more suited to your body type.  Skinny jeans that taper towards the ankle will make anyone's hips wider.  If you don't have hips, that would be idea but since you do (like most women) you would be more suited to jeans that flare out at the knee like a boot cut and a higher waist.  Such a low waist only accentuates hips and gives you a muffin top.  A longer top will smooth out the look even without super tight body wear.  

Latest posts

Back