MY EYELASHES WON'T CURL D:

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whenever I try to curl my eyelashes, they won't stay! I've tried doing it before my mascara, but I have to hold it forever and the curl falls out.  I've tried doing it after I apply mascara, but I know that's awful for my lashes (not to mention clumpy!)

What can I do?

I know some of the ladies here warm their curler up before using it. You can warm it with a hair dryer and then it works sort of like a curling iron. A word of warning though, don't get them too hot, you don't want to burn them or your eyes.

I don't have an issue with this, but remember some ladies posting about using waterproof mascaras and the heat trick. A quick blast from the blow dryer to warm it up a bit, just like Dalylah mentioned above.

I've tried heating my eyelash curler before, but it didn't make much of a difference when I actually applied mascara. for me, the formula determines how long your curl will last--waterproofs are always better, although they tend to be clumpier and harder to remove (plus, they make my lashes brittle). Covergirls' waterproof lashblast will hold a curl forever, but it just makes my lashes thicker/clumpier, not necessarily longer. 

I've read that a lot of people with hard-to-curl lashes will use a curler, then apply one coat of a waterproof mascara to act as a base, upon which to put a volumizing mascara.

Latest posts

Back