julep's new website & lost credits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With Julep's new website launch one of the members here at Makeup Talk realized her credits were missing, I decided to check my own account and sure enough my credits are gone as well. I've asked them on Facebook about it. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

​
Edit: I'm going over their Rewards page and the old referrals will be transferred over - each referral equals 1000 Julep Jules. If you want to redeem points for free boxes it will cost 2,000 points which is essentially two referrals like their old system. The points can be used for add ons and upgrades but I don't know how much those will be.

Okay nevermind I just saw the earn rules. This is dumb, what happens to all the purchases we made before? We don't get anything?

Under the new policy, the credits you've earned per person who signed up via referral links you get 1000 points - so it's essentially the same as before since each month's box will cost 2000 points. As for the rest... no back points from it.

I've looked... so far it looks like only the current/past boxes, add-ons and upgrades but nothing else - yet.

I would think they would give you Jules for spending money in the store other than their box. I've actually never done that before since I find their prices too high, but it just seems strange that they don't.

Hm... does anyone know what this is??? http://www.julep.com/trick-or-treat.html it could possibly be the October Mystery Box. The weird thing is, when I got to the check out page (which is super annoying if you want to change the # of items you want to have incase you added two) it gave me: Discount-$3.99 ... hm....

Also they have tax now );

Hmmm mine says -3.99 as well. so it ends up being 16 dollars. I'm curious and would like to buy this but i'm a little hesitant not knowing exactly what it is right now (i think the 3.99 discount is because we get a maven discount? if that's the case is it really a mystery box? but it does say original price is 40 something like they usually do for mystery boxes). hmmmm so intrigued

They always had tax for WA residents and are required by some states to collect tax as well. What irks me about the tax is I'm paying Seattle tax (9.2%) instead of local tax (8.3%), okay it's a few cents difference HOWEVER I hate having to pay for the stupid baseball stadium that is owned by a billionaire.

They always had tax for WA residents and are required by some states to collect tax as well. What irks me about the tax is I'm paying Seattle tax (9.2%) instead of local tax (8.3%), okay it's a few cents difference HOWEVER I hate having to pay for the stupid baseball stadium that is owned by a billionaire.
We pay because our state subsidizes a LOT, shelving expenses on taxpayers. Just wait, they're building a new stadium to entice a basketball team back to Seattle. It's supposed to have backing by a local wealthy person, but the city of Seattle is already talking subsidies. We see how well that worked the first time.. Sonics in Oklahoma!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We pay because our state subsidizes a LOT, shelving expenses on taxpayers. Just wait, they're building a new stadium to entice a basketball team back to Seattle. It's supposed to have backing by a local wealthy person, but the city of Seattle is already talking subsidies. We see how well that worked the first time.. Sonics in Oklahoma!

See that ticks me off. Why should the rest of WA pay for Seattle much less a BILLIONAIRE? City of Seattle needs to figure out a way to pay for it without hitting the rest of us in the pocket book. Better yet, Seattle is the ONLY city that can take on Vancouver (WA not BC for those that didn't know WA has a Vancouver as well). Let Seattle fight it out with Vancouver to get tax exempt to be dropped. So many Oregonians come up to WA to shop because prices as less expensive and since they don't pay taxes they pay less money. The only reason - and I got this from Doc Hastings himself so take it with a grain of salt - that we have tax exempt is because it benefits those in Vancouver. How many millions and even billions are lost to Oregonians tax exempt? Get rid of tax exempt and that means millions more for the City of Seattle and LESS of a burden for the rest of us.

It looks like it has been.

10/11/12 Whoops!! Sorry about the mistake. Here are your missing Jules.

Latest posts

Back