Circular Swaps are ready for round 3!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=15.454545021057129px]I know everyone is super excited to start another round of circular swapping, and so am I!  Please read this all the way through. [/SIZE]

Sign Ups will be open for 2 weeks, which means they will close on Thursday, Oct. 25th at 8 AM. There will be NO last chance option this round, and there will be NO exceptions. 

Because the traveling box is so popular, we have a lot of participants, and in order to run this smoothly, you’ll need to follow the rules exactly. Please do not comment in this post with anything other than your sign up comment. All other discussion and questions should be taken to their appropriate thread, or emailed to [email protected].

Please do not pm me with your questions, thanks. 

Qualifying and signing up:

I've decided to do things differently this time. We'll be grouping people in 'tiers' based on their activity here on MuT. If you are not ok with this, please do not sign up. This is to protect participants from losing out if a box happens to stop moving. This is also the easiest way for me to insure that everyone gets a chance to participate. If you are not ok with being grouped with people with similar feedback, number of posts, and length of membership here at MuT, then please do not sign up. 

tentative tiers at this point are: 

"participate at your own risk tier": 2 positive feedback OR successful participation in 1 circular swap AND 100 posts AND membership since August 2012. 

tier 1: 3-4 Positive feedback OR successful participation in 1 circular swaps AND 150 posts AND membership since July 2012

Tier 2: 5+ Positive feedback, OR 3+ positive feedback and successful participation in 1 circular swap AND 150 posts OR membership since July 2012

Tier 3: 7+ Positive feedback OR 5+ positive feedback and successful partipation in 1 circular swap AND 250 posts OR membership since May 2012

"Elite tier": 7+ Positive feedback OR 5+ positive feedback and successful participation in 1 circular swap AND 500+ posts AND membership since March 2012

These are subject to change based upon how many people sign up and how they each can be categorized. 

1. In order to participate you need to be located in the US, and have either:

[SIZE=15.454545021057129px]-2 Positive feedback OR successfully participated in a circular swap[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.454545021057129px]-100+ Posts on makeuptalk[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.454545021057129px]-Membership at makeuptalk since August 2012[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.454545021057129px]Exceptions to this rule may be made if you provide me with good reason (ie, 10+ positive feedback and 80 posts I can work with you). [/SIZE]

2. Even if you’ve already sent in your information, please send it again to [email protected] using the following format.
MuT username:

MuT user since:

Number of posts at MuT:

MuT feedback score:

Former particpant: (yes/no)
Email address:

Mailing information:

Holiday Travel plans?: 
Due to the popularity of the traveling sample box, if you do not send it like this, you will not be allowed to participate. I will be fact checking this information so please keep it simple and don't lie to me. 

3. Comment on this thread after you’ve sent in your information.

Rules during the swap:

1. As soon as you receive the box, send an email to [email protected] that you received it. We are going to be tracking the box much more closely this time.

2. Send the sample box on within 3 days. If you keep the box longer than 7 days and do not have a believable extenuating circumstance or do not contact us, you will not be allowed to participate in future circular swaps. I understand the holidays are coming up, if you have travel plans, please include them in your sign up email.

3. As soon as you send the box on, email [email protected] with the delivery confirmation number. Again, if you do not send the confirmation number, you will not be allowed to participate in future swaps.

I don't want to sound like a kindergarten teacher, but if you read this all the way make your username the subject of your sign up email! And that’s it! If you have any questions, please ask them in the Questions thread, as this thread is ONLY for commenting that you’ve signed up. 

Count me in!! 
laughing.gif

Info sent!

FYI, for some reason i'm not receiving MUT's daily update emails to my hotmail (known issue, being worked on in the Forum Help board...) but I am receiving independant emails. If it takes me a few days to check in on the board here, that's why.

BAH HUMBUG! I don't have any feedback since I never traded with anyone at mut, and this would have been my first circular swap so haven't done that before either. I'll live vicariously through the rest of you all!

BAH HUMBUG! I don't have any feedback since I never traded with anyone at mut, and this would have been my first circular swap so haven't done that before either. I'll live vicariously through the rest of you all!
Apply anyways. You've got history and lots of posts. Worst is you get a no. Maybe try and find something on the swap threads and get working on that feedback.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apply anyways. You've got history and lots of posts. Worst is you get a no. Maybe try and find something on the swap threads and get working on that feedback.
I'll do that, but I'm thinking I will wait until the next round anyway. I might have the feedback by then, and holidays will be past so that I don't get distracted and maybe not send it out in time. I'm one of those people who gets discombobulated when I have several things going on and forgets or procrastinates. I'd hate to be banned after my first circular swap because I got busy with Thanksgiving or Christmas plans and shopping! lol

Back