Top or Front Load Washer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you prefer agitator-less top load or front load washer? My dryer died this week, I think it's the belt. We took it as a sign to get a new washer and dryer since they are almost 10yrs old. My washers currently front load but I don't like it. I bought an HE top load. Anyone else feel the same about front loads?

I prefer my old top load washer. My mom has a front load and it has a ton of problems while mine keeps faithfully working.

This would be a new HE topload.  I know I loved my old topload with an agitator and everything.  It cleaned really well.

We bought an HE front loader and it only lasted two years. We had it replaced a month ago with an old school top loader. I'm hoping this one actually lasts. So far so good!

My first front loader lasted 10.5 years. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Barrel was too small for the size of our family. Bought a new one last year to replace the broken old one. Love it! Barrel is bigger so I can wash more clothes at one time, uses less water and detergent, cleans great, not noisy - it's like they improved everything!

My sister-in-law has an HE toploader that I used when we visited them this summer. Worked great - she could do huge loads, they spun out really well. I would be happy with that one too.

I didn't think that that the FL cleaned the clothes properly vs the TL. It arrives on wednesday so we shall see...

I always grew up with the top loading machines, but we got a front load machine and it works amazing. I never have to go adjust a comforter in the wash because there is no agitation as the machine works! They seem to be a lot faster too.

I have only had top loader machines, I do have a few friends that have front load washers and it seems hit or miss if they like them or not.  I have been looking around for a larger machine as my top loader is so small I have to take my comforters out to be washed and that can be a pain.  Most of my friends tell me to stay with a top loader.  The biggest complaint seems to be the front load washers don't clean as well and that they sometimes have to wash clothes more than once to ensure they are clean.  I am sure that it all depends on the brand of course.

I've used laundromats for years, I find the commercial heavy duty front load machines clean better than the top load ones. Of course I haven't used the front load home versions, so I can't speak of those types.

We purchased our first front load washer 3 years ago, and we love it. Well, I love it since I'm the one who does most of the laundry. I've never had a problem with clothes not being clean. It fits very large loads.

I have a top load washer.  I would never get a front load.  My sister had one and she hated it.

I have a front loader and I don't mind it. I just use Affresh tabs to clean it and I leave the door open occasionally so it airs out. Keeps everything smelling good.

Back