How much have you spent on your subscriptions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you sat down to figure out how much you've spent on subscription boxes? I haven't in a while so here goes. Total spent between May 2011 - October 2012.

Beauty Army $84.00   Beauty Box 5 $24.00 cancelled Beauty Fix $49.98 cancelled Birchbox (1st daughter) $110.00 cancelled Birchbox (2nd daughter) $50.00 cancelled Birchbox (3rd daughter) $50.00 cancelled Birchbox (mine) $230.00   Birchbox Man $120.00   Eco-Emi $60.00 cancelled Glossybox $63.00 cancelled Julep (1st daughter) $27.31 cancelled Julep (mine) $92.56   MyGlam/Ipsy (1st daughter) $30.00   MyGlam/Ipsy (2nd daughter) $10.00   MyGlam/Ipsy (3rd daughter) $10.00   MyGlam/Ipsy (mine) $110.00   New Beauty Test Tube $194.50   QVC Test Tube $144.90   The Look Bag $39.71     $1,499.96  
Wow. I'm shocked. And exactly what do I have to show for it? So how much have you spent?

Since last December

3 months of SS = $45

5 months of BB = $50 (includes two months of a second sub)

BB Annual = $110

1 month of GB = $21

1 month of BA = $12

4 months of MyGlam=$40 (I think I was with them for 4 months, might have only been 3)

2 months of Julep = $20.00 (since I usually skip)

Platinum Box was free, Conscious Box was free

Under $300. I've done about equal damage with mystery boxes and things like the Allure Beauty Box, probably.

$70 for MyGlam (April-October) $60 for Birchbox (May-October) $36 for BeautyARMY (cancelled)(May-July) Total-$166.00

Birchbox                            $70 [Cancelled]

My Ipsy My Glam               $90

Cousin's Ipsy My Glam       $20 [Cancelled]

The Look Bag                  ~$51.8 [Cancelled]

LittleBlackBag                    $214.65 

Must Have Box                  $35

Red Carpet Box                  $25 [Cancelled]

Total $506.45 from January to October

Wow I never had added up before. I think I will be reconsidering the subscriptions now LOL that is way too much for me!

Oh god...I don't want to add it up, but here goes...these are all approximate: 

Birchbox: 1 month then a year, so 120...plus a second sub for 2 months so 140 total

Beauty Army: I had 2 subs for a while, I'm guessing since January its been about 144

MyGlam: off and on, I've subbed...probably $60

Glossybox: 2 months + a 3 month....92

PopSugar Must have: $25

Beautyfix: $70

the look bag: 36

Sample society: 60

little black bag: (yikes) probably $500

Julep: I skip a lot and had some free boxes....maybe $60

Beauty box 5: i think I did 2 months but it was buy one get one so 12

Total...is over $1000. Which makes me hate myself, even though most of it was LBB> Currently I only have glossybox and birchbox, once my birchbox is up, I will ONLY be getting glossy box, if anything at all.

Myglam/Ipsy (off and on) : $70

Birchbox: $30

Beauty Army: $36 (cancelled)

Total: $136

So although it isn't as much, right now I don't have a job so it does seem a lot for me. Right now I'm deciding if I want to keep both BB and Ipsy until I get a job. I have been wanting to get LBB but maybe later on lol

BirchBox  10/mo x 4 months = $40

canceled - never received anything I liked

MyGlam 10/mo x 9 months = $90

Keeping for now

Julep .01 x 1 month

canceled, tried the penny box but did not like the polish

Goodebox 16/mo x 3 months = $48

likely canceling after this month

CraveBox 10/mo x 6 months = $60

canceled - do not like the new boxes or the lottery system

PopSugar 1 month, $23.00

giving this a try this month w/discount code

BeautyFix 2 quarters, $50

pd 20 for 1st box and 30 for second

I'm not a subscriber so just order if I like/need enough of the products

Total: $311.01

I'm good with the total - I am currently using many of the products that I received in my boxes so they are getting used. I have found a couple of items in my boxes that have become HG for me too.

Birchbox - 3mo x 10 = $30  + 3 mo sub = $60

ipsy = 2 subs x 10 = $20

Julep = $0.01 + $.5.99 addon this month = $6

$86

Not as bad as bad but I've only been doing it for three months. I probably should've just bought 1-2 fullsized products instead though...

Eco-Emi 15 x 5 months = $75 

PopSugar 5 months = $126.41 

Love with Food 14 months = $139

Blissmobox 1 year = $228 -- paid for year in advance, will cancel

Conscious Box 3 months = $43 -- cancel in 2 months

Julep 1 month = $ .01 -- cancelled

Glossybox 5 months = $92  -- cancel in 1 month

Loose Button 1 box = $26 -- cancelled

NatureBox 3 months = $30 -- cancelled

Bluum Box 9 months = $54 -- cancel in 2 months

Citrus Lane 6 months = $100 -- cancelled, but I miss my favorite baby sub

Ecocentric Mom 1 month = $17 -- cancelled

Little Passports 3 months = $26 -- cancelled

Magic School Bus 1 year = $120 for one year with no renewal

Wittlebee 2 months = $40 -- cancelled

FabKids 2 months = $40 -- cancel in one month

Total = 1156.42

I'm a bit surprised... it is more than I thought, but I do think we have loved and used most of the things we have gotten.  Also, there is a large variety of stuff, clothes, food, makeup, lifestyle, baby, etc.  As a full time mom to 4 little ones, this is a fun way for me to get new things when it isn't easy to go out shopping, especially since other than makeup, we use and enjoy everything we get... and makeup can be traded for colors and products I will use.

Oh man, your lists are reminding me of ones I forgot I subscribed to for a bit...thinking of love with food and blissmobox...I'm sure there's more. Time to quit, lol. 

ummm here goes- have been doing the subs since march of this year...when i learned about myglam i basically got addicted and signed up for everything.

Myglam - $80 (GOOD ONE!!!)

Birchbox- $60 (considering cancelling)

Glossybox- $46.10 (poor customer service, cancelled & don't miss it)

The look bag- $64.40-ish (re-subbed and first month has discount- loved them!)

Beauty Army - $108.00 (skipped, cancelled, then re-activated and have two subs now)

Pop Sugar Must have-- $74 (cancelled- only had two months)

Limited Edition Cravebox -$10 (dog box)

= $442.50

Dang!!! even if you take away the popsugar which wasn't really samples, that's a lotttt of money!!!!! 

The PopSugar August box was the start of my subs so I'm pretty new to this but have already spent way too much!  Googling the PopSugar to decide if I wanted to try it led me to MUT ... and here I am LOL.  But I love getting mail so I couldn't resist:

PopSugar             $95 (got 2 September boxes w/discounts and have already been charged for October since I cancelled and re-subbed with a code)

Ipsy/MyGlam        $10

Birchbox              $10 (on the fence, may be cancelling)

Julep                   $0.01 (did NOT like the polish at all.  Keep skipping because I don't want to call to cancel)

Love With Food    $17 (Got a promo to try for 3 months, have not rec'd anything yet)

Goodies               $0.00 (got accepted but first box will be November.  For just $7/month I'm sure I will keep it)

CraveBox             $11  ($13 back to school box was refunded + $11 book box.  On waiting list for monthly)

Total $143.01.  Kind of painful, but that IS technically 12 packages so the average makes it sound not as bad.  I definitely need to trim it down a little though to keep PopSugar and not totally kill my budget.  

I am also new to the subs:

Birchbox - $20 (cancelled, then they are giving me november for free so I guess i'm sub again)

Glossybox - $63

Luxebox - $50 (will cancel after the prepaid winter box)

Total: $133

i have only subbed to BB and MyGlam, so total since I started is almost $300. Looking at the total price and then the drawer where I keep my samples I don't use - makes me cringe a little. For the samples I have used and liked, they sure weren't $300 worth. I've been thinking about cancelling them both or at least BB.

Since I've started getting these boxes I realize I'm not that open to new things like i thought i was. I finally have my skin under controll so I'm kinda scared to try something new and for the hair items i like to try those out for a week or so, so the samples aren't big enough for that. Of course I've used the liners, gloss, and polish but those aren't worth $300

I think most of it was I was just excited to recieve something in the mail besides a bill or junk mail!

$80       Birchbox

$72       Beauty Army

$22       Love With Food

$134     Glossybox

$87       POPSugar Must Have

$42       The Look Bag- Cancelled

$30       Ipsy

$60       Loose Button

$30       Beauty Box 5-Cancelled

$64       Goodebox-Cancelled

$75       Yuzen Box-Cancelled

$60       Eco Emi-Cancelled

$84.90  Starlooks Starbox-

$40       The Natural Beauty Box-Cancelled

$60       Barkbox-Cancelled

$60       Green Grab Bag-Cancelled

$60       Sample Society-Cancelled

$20       Petite Amuse-Cancelled

$29       Lucid Box-Cancelled

$40.01  Julep-Cancelled

$10       Boxmonthly-Cancelled

$50       Truth in Aging-Cancelled

Total= 1,209.91

Ouch

So those who complain about those who complain about not getting their money's worth... sure it's "only" $10 but dang... does that add up, especially those who have lots of subscriptions.

Birchbox $130 Canceled

Sample Society $90 Canceled

Blissmobox $84 Canceled

Love w/ food $31

Cravebox $30

Little Black Bag $384 Canceled

Glossybox $126

Loose Button $26 Canceled

My Glam - $20

Look bag - $12.95

Beauty Box 5 - $24

Beauty Army $120 Canceled

Julep $144 Canceled

Beauty Fix $220 Canceled

Goodies - $7

Wantable - $40

Sindulge - $.01 Canceled

$1478.96  since 6/2011

I've made at least double this amount selling my unwanted samples on ebay so I'm actually out $0

Julep - $100

GlossyBox- $20 (Cancelled)

MyGlam/Ipsy- $10 (Cancelled)

Birchbox- $10 (Cancelled)

LovewithFood-$20 (Cancelled)

Sample Society-$30 (Cancelled)

Loose Button-$50

BeautyFix-$70

CurlKit-$20 (Cancelled)

CurlBox-$70

HammockPack-$30

PopSugar MustHave-$30