Julep: November 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this yet so, here it is! I see that they have already released 1 spoiler:

I literally Just bought the Essie version because we didn't get this in the October box. I guess it will be all matte-all the time!
Any thoughts on what else they'll be send out this month?

I can't believe we're already talking about November!

(Pst, I moved it over from the subscription boxes group over here to the Julep group.)

I have an NYC matte and Deborah Lippman matte coat... That's enough for me lol.. wonder what color schemes we're going to have.

I've been wanting a matte for a while, and I have referral credits so this is really exciting for me. I guess this is a good compromise on the fact we didn't get matte last month and got crackle instead )<

Hopefully the quality of the matte top will be good...

I've never tried the suede polishes or matte topcoat before, so my interest is peaked.

Question for those of you that have tried the suede polishes or who are familiar with them - what kind of a topcoat (if any) do you use with it? I'm assuming a normal topcoat would ruin the "suede" look, but if you forgo a topcoat, won't it chip?

Any insights from those who have already tried them would be wonderful! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't have the suedes (yet), but other matte polishes, if you apply a normal topcoat, it will turn into a glossy finish. You really do need a matte topcoat for matte polishes to get the intended effect. The reverse is true if you use a matte topcoat on a glossy polish. Though there the level of matte is dependant on the base polish. Some have a subtle matte and others are more prominent.

And suedes, yay! I'm going to cave and get the whole set since I've been waiting for them, but refuse to buy them at Sephora for full price.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have the suedes (yet), but other matte polishes, if you apply a normal topcoat, it will turn into a glossy finish. You really do need a matte topcoat for matte polishes to get the intended effect. The reverse is true if you use a matte topcoat on a glossy polish. Though there the level of matte is dependant on the base polish. Some have a subtle matte and others are more prominent.

And suedes, yay! I'm going to cave and get the whole set since I've been waiting for them, but refuse to buy them at Sephora for full price.
Thanks! So, I should probably use a matte topcoat with the suede polishes, I'm assuming?

Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! So, I should probably use a matte topcoat with the suede polishes, I'm assuming?
I don't think it matters. The suede/matte finish will be the same and matte chips pretty easily no matter what you do... adding the top coat here doesn't help. It's mostly about the finish rather than protecting your mani

I have Minka & Nora from the Suede collection. I do own a matte topcoat from Butter London but haven't been using it over the suede. Minka is GORGEOUS! Nora is great as well but Minka became my one of favorite nail polish colors the moment I put it on. They covered really well with one coat but because I knew I wasn't going to use a topcoat I used two. I haven't had much chipping just the usual tip wear that I get even when using a topcoat. I've gotten a lot of compliments on both colors and am looking forward to getting the rest of the suede colors.

Hey!  Check your jules balances...I just got 300 extra points and it says "Thanks for being a Julep Maven"...does this mean that all of the existing Mavens are now getting the sign up bonus?  I only had my referral points as of a couple of days ago.  

Hey!  Check your jules balances...I just got 300 extra points and it says "Thanks for being a Julep Maven"...does this mean that all of the existing Mavens are now getting the sign up bonus?  I only had my referral points as of a couple of days ago.  
yep, got the 300 points too!

I just thought of something else...do you think with the new program this means we won't be forced to use up our referral points on boxes we don't like?  Can I actually skip now?  That would be amazing.  I was also really hesitant to buy the monthly upgrade box before because I didn't know if I'd waste a free month by doing that.  I am looking forward to seeing how exactly this works in a few days.  I see that the boxes in the maven shop have a "use your points" drop down when you click on more details, so I'm guessing it's like that.  I just hope I don't get sent a box if I don't affirmatively choose something.  

Got the 300 points as well. I have 2 accounts... one is really old, so I couldn't recall which I was using. Oops. But the one with the Jules is obv. the one that I've been using, which makes sense since my other account got a "come back!" email. Glad they gave us long time Mavens something though.

Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just checked my account and got the 300 points as well.  I am kind of excited about that and will possibly get the suede box because of it.  We shall see!!!

Yep, I just checked mine and it looks like it was added yesterday!

LOL just a point of funny, people keep posting on Julep's wall with their referral code and being like "JOIN FOR 1 PENNY". I think the majority of people on Julep's FB page are probably already mavens... XD

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL just a point of funny, people keep posting on Julep's wall with their referral code and being like "JOIN FOR 1 PENNY". I think the majority of people on Julep's FB page are probably already mavens... XD
What is the code?

Latest posts

Back