Sign in to follow this  
Missglammygirl

Birchbox November 2012

Originally Posted by norther View Post

The Essence one actually includes a little wand too! I don't know if you wear contact lenses though - they advise against using the fibers if you do, which, while it makes sense, is still a shame since my lashes are hidden when I wear glasses.

ahh okay awesome. I do not have any type of ocular correction thankfully. (though both my parents eyes started to go when they were just finishing school, so I am afraid!)

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

ahh okay awesome. I do not have any type of ocular correction thankfully. (though both my parents eyes started to go when they were just finishing school, so I am afraid!)

lol I've been wearing glasses since I was 7! My vision is so bad I would literally have to hold my face 3 inches from my laptop screen to see without glasses on or lenses in. My favourite brand of contact lenses actually doesn't even make them in my prescription anymore, so I had to switch :(

I'm very excited for you! It's a really good sub! I even like the New Beauty magazine it comes with. It's perfect mind candy to browse through while your facial mask is drying. :) Also on many occasions they throw in extra's that aren't listed on the site or in the booklet of contents. In the past some of the extra's I received (all full size) were....a gorgeous lucite toothbrush, a big bottle of Elnet hairspray (before it was available in the states), a jar of energy+ B12 adult gummy vitamins, ( but don't worry they don't send food!),...etc... Anyway I should probably go to the New Beauty Test Tube message board and stop typing on here. :) As far as your BB shopping spree, I just saw a promo on the site, that if you spend $60 you can get two Baggu reusable totes. I think the totes are $25 if you buy them, but free if you are making a purchase over $60. Enjoy! Happy Hauling!
Ooh...extras, too? Fweeeeee!!! Thanks again for the recommend! I cant wait to try my new stuff! :-D I might hang on to my BB points for a while....let it grow and then spoil myself in January for my birthday. Hehe

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post

I'm new to this site and have no idea how to reply to a specific post but I've never heard of essence. Can I buy it in a store or do I have to order it online?

I don't know where you are, but I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and we have a chain of you-name-it-they-probably-carry-it stores called Fred Meyer (their motto:  You'll find it at Freddy's!).  I think they're owned by Kroger nowadays.  Anyway.  Just a combination grocery/housewares/makeup/sporting goods/garden supply/whatever store, and they carry it.  Ulta has some of their stuff as well, although in my area, not all Ultas have it.  You can order it online from Ulta, too.  essence is probably one of the cheapest brands around, right in the same price range of Wet'n'Wild and NYC Color (is that what it's called?  I can't remember).  I love it.  I can spend $20 and walk out of the store with ten different items!

The funny thing about essence is that I hadn't heard of it before I started reading nail blogs, and then once I saw what the bottles looked like on the blogs, I realized I had been walking right by the displays for *ages*.  If you check out the website here, you might realize the same thing!

I just checked my page and I'm getting box 3--couldn't be happier biggrin.gif

Has anyone gotten a Stila luminizer sample yet? I'm really hoping for the pinkish or white shade...bronze just doesn't work on me :P

I am so ready for both my dry shampoo samples :) 

Where'd you get that? Kind of want it to put my Lush Dusting Powder in.

LL I am so ready for both my dry shampoo samples :) 
Lol. It looks like a spice jar. I so wish I had thought of that when I used to bake and had creme of tarter powder or cinnamon sitting in the cupboard for 2 years instead of throwing it out when I hadn't used it in so long. But now I don't even use my oven, so no old spices to dump and reuse the containers.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

I'm very excited for you! It's a really good sub! I even like the New Beauty magazine it comes with. It's perfect mind candy to browse through while your facial mask is drying. :) Also on many occasions they throw in extra's that aren't listed on the site or in the booklet of contents.

In the past some of the extra's I received (all full size) were....a gorgeous lucite toothbrush, a big bottle of Elnet hairspray (before it was available in the states), a jar of energy+ B12 adult gummy vitamins, ( but don't worry they don't send food!),...etc... Anyway I should probably go to the New Beauty Test Tube message board and stop typing on here. :)

As far as your BB shopping spree, I just saw a promo on the site, that if you spend $60 you can get two Baggu reusable totes. I think the totes are $25 if you buy them, but free if you are making a purchase over $60.

Enjoy! Happy Hauling!

when i used the baggu code it said it was invalid

Originally Posted by peridotcricket View Post

Lol. It looks like a spice jar. I so wish I had thought of that when I used to bake and had creme of tarter powder or cinnamon sitting in the cupboard for 2 years instead of throwing it out when I hadn't used it in so long. But now I don't even use my oven, so no old spices to dump and reuse the containers.

Oh wow. Derp. Thanks.

I loved the stuff in #1, but really only because I love St. Tropez and can't get enough of everything they make. They are really generous samples, and the Alterna is a product from them I haven't sampled. If you get another 2, the lip pencil will still be the same color, so I say go for the different products!

Thanks! I think I'm going to go with kit3 then :)  I've have an alterna sample and it smells sooo good and lasts a while.  

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

It is an empty dry shampoo container from fortune cookie soap summer soap box. my boyfriend is obsessed with dry shampoo (i keep reminding him they are not a replacement for a real shampoo lol) but he used up the entire thing, since it smelled better than the Lush No Drought, which is what he is left with now. 

It reminds me of the cheese and pepper flake shakers from pizza places 

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Quote:

I am so ready for both my dry shampoo samples :) 

I don't know where she bought hers HOWEVER you can reuse old seasoning salt containers or if your store has a bulk foods section look there for empty containers like that. It usually sells for about $1.50 to $3 depending on the store and size of the container.

Next time you ever have old cinnamon, nutmeg or all-spice in your cupboard don't toss it! If you have a fire place and pine cones you can make cinnamon/nutmeg/all-spice infused pine cones to toss in the fire place during the winter.

I just checked my page and I'm getting box 3--couldn't be happier :D Has anyone gotten a Stila luminizer sample yet? I'm really hoping for the pinkish or white shade...bronze just doesn't work on me :P
Box twins! I also hope there's variety of colors for the Luminizer.

I got this box 

I'm really happy with the mascara and the oscar blandi, been wanting to try it! I like the cupcake bath bomb too but I do not have a bath tub. I really don't care for the soy joy and caldrea soap, those are downers for me.700

Overall, I'm happy. I feel like birchbox redeemed themselves for me. All I wanted was a full sized product and I got one finally! I feel like everyone has one full sized in their box this time too.

This is my box! Which i love! But my eyeliner was broken..what do i need to do? Do i need to take pictures and send them an email or can i just tell them that it was broken?

November Box 15

1. Jouer Fragrance Cornucopia
  2. Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
  3. ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
  4. SOYJOY Cranberry Snack Packs
  5. Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner

Originally Posted by denise89 View Post

I got this box 

I'm really happy with the mascara and the oscar blandi, been wanting to try it! I like the cupcake bath bomb too but I do not have a bath tub. I really don't care for the soy joy and caldrea soap, those are downers for me.700

Overall, I'm happy. I feel like birchbox redeemed themselves for me. All I wanted was a full sized product and I got one finally! I feel like everyone has one full sized in their box this time too.

tip for the soap, Carry them in your purse, I do because you never know when youll be in a bathroom somewhere with no soap... Its been a lifesaver for me because I work as a (go to different stores) rep for a coffee company and sometimes, I'll go to a store and they wont have soap on hand to wash hands/  wash pieces of the dirty machines.

Originally Posted by sillylilly05 View Post

This is my box! Which i love! But my eyeliner was broken..what do i need to do? Do i need to take pictures and send them an email or can i just tell them that it was broken?

November Box 15

1. Jouer Fragrance Cornucopia
  2. Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
  3. ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
  4. SOYJOY Cranberry Snack Packs
  5. Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner

I think you can just tell them. I sent a pic for good measure when my M&G shampoo leaked, but I don't think its needed.

It is an empty dry shampoo container from fortune cookie soap summer soap box. my boyfriend is obsessed with dry shampoo (i keep reminding him they are not a replacement for a real shampoo lol) but he used up the entire thing, since it smelled better than the Lush No Drought, which is what he is left with now. 

Lol about the replacement for shampoo!

And, ya know, it could be amusing to find cute shakers at the thrift store for putting such things in...

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

tip for the soap, Carry them in your purse, I do because you never know when youll be in a bathroom somewhere with no soap... Its been a lifesaver for me because I work as a (go to different stores) rep for a coffee company and sometimes, I'll go to a store and they wont have soap on hand to wash hands/  wash pieces of the dirty machines.

I was planning to do that! That is a good idea, I'm a total germaphobe. I'm too obsessed with my hand sanitizer lol. It's really bad. I hate it when bathrooms do not have soap, so yes this can be handy.

I'll have the modelko lipgloss, not sure which color, but I'd love to trade. I'm looking for the cupcake bath bomb, the Sumita liner, the miracle skin cream, or even the nail polish. Let me know if you're interested! :-)
I have the bath bomb (the white one), i'd love to trade for the gloss. I dont have any other things you mentioned. Let me know if it works.

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post

I do recognize that brand! I am in Northern California and we have Ulta so I will check there : ). Thanks! How do I respond to a specific post on here?

Click on the button that says Quote below the specific post and it will show up in your Reply box near the bottom of the screen.