Sign in to follow this  
Missglammygirl

Birchbox November 2012

UGH,

Just logged in and looked at my box and it's so terrible.

Soyjoy bar... I don't eat Soy. Gross.

Banana's and BoBabs. That's nice but I already got that in my Sample Society. So really? Not even a different scent?

Another perfume sample...boring. I loved the last one, but again. nothing special at all.

A mascara sample from some place I've never heard of, and the same Oscar brand of Hair Stuff that's been in 900 million different boxes already.

I feel like mine is just a weird mix of crap that they threw together because they had it on hand and it doesn't really go together at all. I'm really not thrilled with any of it.

they are good brands I just personally already have repeats of those things and don't really think they're new or exciting.

Come to think of it, I didn't get a tracking # via email but I do see it in my profile. I didn't get my 20% off promo code for the hubby's 6th month anniversary either. I did get my tracking for the order I placed though. Odd.

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Note to Birchbox: No one complains about the "lifestyle extra" being food if it's chocolate. 

Not true; I'm not supposed to eat sugar, so I don't get happy when it's anything sugary. Even before sugar was verboten, I've always hated chocolate. Not even keen on chocolate-scented stuff.

Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

UGH,

Just logged in and looked at my box and it's so terrible.

Soyjoy bar... I don't eat Soy. Gross.

Banana's and BoBabs. That's nice but I already got that in my Sample Society. So really? Not even a different scent?

Another perfume sample...boring. I loved the last one, but again. nothing special at all.

A mascara sample from some place I've never heard of, and the same Oscar brand of Hair Stuff that's been in 900 million different boxes already.

I feel like mine is just a weird mix of crap that they threw together because they had it on hand and it doesn't really go together at all. I'm really not thrilled with any of it.

they are good brands I just personally already have repeats of those things and don't really think they're new or exciting.

But when you have multiple subs, you can't count on NOT getting the same things. Companies send out samples for the products they choose to send, and don't actually expect people to be signed up for 10 or 20 different subs.

Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

Not true; I'm not supposed to eat sugar, so I don't get happy when it's anything sugary. Even before sugar was verboten, I've always hated chocolate. Not even keen on chocolate-scented stuff.

Okay, I didn't mean this literally. It was kind of a joke because of how happy a lot of people seem to be about getting chocolate.

• Like 1

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Okay, I didn't mean this literally. It was kind of a joke because of how happy a lot of people seem to be about getting chocolate.

But it also goes to prove the point that we are all different folks, with different needs--which is why some of us generally have no complaints about BB, while others (and this is NOT directed at you, btw) are almost always irritated with BB :)

Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

I think someone got the chamomile one?

Originally Posted by jbird1175 View Post

Does anyone know if they are sending out the different varieties/scents of the One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum or will everyone get the lavendar scent?

I got chamomile and I really dont care for the scent. If anyone gets neroli and doesnt want it please pm me! I would be interested in either trading or buying it off of you because I like the neroli scent in general and Chamomille was way to herby for me. I was using the caldrea sea salt and neroli earlier and I just love that scent!

Originally Posted by jbird1175 View Post

I'm getting Box 2 also and I'm pretty happy with it. I really wanted the texturing spray and lip butter but hey, we can't get every single thing we want. 

I think it's because I've been trying to be optimistic all of these months with saying "next month will be better", when I changed my profile to be more hip a few months ago the boxes have actually gotten worse. I would have loved the box with the mascara in it, once I saw that I had hope that I'd get something similar...

I somehow got box 1 and box 2, which means that I'm getting:

2x Masqueology revitalizing eye gel

2x Masqueology 7D moisture cream

2x Masqueology masque cleanse

2x MCMC fragrance phoenix eau de parfum

2x stila all over shimmer liquid

1x One Love Organics aromatic body serum   and

1x Kiehl's creme de corps

Assuming the stila is a color I'll use and the perfume is wearable, I'm thrilled!  I'll use every single item, and I actually didn't want to try anything else.  (except for the other Masqueology products and the chocolate)  I've collected loads of the brightening masks they sent out a couple months ago through the trade thread because I like them so much.

I'm not really sure how I made it out this month without getting food bars, men's perfume, mascara I'd let go bad, lip gloss I wouldn't wear or blue nail polish, but I'm definitely thankful!

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

I decided to try the men's cologne on for myself, since I enjoyed the smell and it's kind of clean and light... and I dropped the vial on the bathroom floor, which of course shattered the vial and spilled the entire contents all over the tile. icon_sad.gif

I was very sad for about one minute. The fragrance disappeared so quickly, however, even with it being all over my hands and arms and the floor, that I felt as though it was a message: don't love this so much, because the staying power is zero. Oh, well. It did smell lovely on me, not masculine at all, fwiw.

Was this an Atelier cologne?  Because I had contacted them a few months ago about their women's perfumes.  They sent me 9 (!) different samples, and I've tried about 4 of them.  Some of the best scents I've ever smelled!  Except that I can pretty much dump them on my hair and clothes, and they're still gone before I leave the house.  =(  Breaks my heart.

Originally Posted by skylola123 View Post

I read this completely wrong! I read it as "there are 20 small tubes of lube" ... I was like what the heck, BB has gone too far lol 

Teehee!  That would be an interesting lifestyle extra...  wink.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Come to think of it, I didn't get a tracking # via email but I do see it in my profile. I didn't get my 20% off promo code for the hubby's 6th month anniversary either. I did get my tracking for the order I placed though. Odd.

Have you bought any women's items with your hubby's code, by chance?  I tried to get an item for me with my hubby's welcome code and it wouldn't let me, even though his box is on my account and all our points go into a common bucket.  Fluke, maybe?

Originally Posted by mellee View Post

Quote:

Have you bought any women's items with your hubby's code, by chance?  I tried to get an item for me with my hubby's welcome code and it wouldn't let me, even though his box is on my account and all our points go into a common bucket.  Fluke, maybe?

Yes!.  :D I used the 3 month one on these items but never got my 6 month one so I had to contact CS to get the discount for my latest order (which included his favorite shampoo).

Hmmmm - maybe it was because there wasn't a men's item with it?  Hee - he hadn't even tried any of his items yet, so I tried to see if we could not let the code go to waste by just ordering one me-item.  (I did order an item from his first box for him a few weeks later, but of course the code was dead by then.)

Yes!.  :D I used the 3 month one on these items but never got my 6 month one so I had to contact CS to get the discount for my latest order (which included his favorite shampoo).

And by the way - HolyCOW!!!! Nearly $200 worth of items for 5 bucks?!?!  Nicely Done!  *Clap. Clap. Clap. SlowClapsItOut for Zadi...*

Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

Has anyone tried the Oscar Blandi texture/volumizing spray? Very interested to see how it works.. Is it like regular hairsprays that it makes your hair stiff, gritty, crunchy, sticky, etc? Or is it more natural/touchable? Still, if it really works, it beats backcombing :P.

I'd be interested to know this too!

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

I've collected loads of the brightening masks they sent out a couple months ago through the trade thread because I like them so much.

I think trading you my brightening mask was one of the first trades I made! rolleyes.gif

Looks like i'm getting box #3.   Not really excited about the Miricle Skin Transformer & the Rose Cologne.  I was really hopping for some MOX or the spray oil.. my skin is SO DRY right now... anything would have helped!

If anyone has MOX or the spray oil and wants to do a trade; let me know.  I have lot of stuff from BB and IPSY.

Thanks

Susan

Originally Posted by gracewilson View Post

I really played with the mascara this morning... It's kind of ridiculous how long it made my eyelashes.  They are almost touching my eyebrows!

I'm getting the mascara, too.  Obviously, since I just bought four of my regular fave AND got the Body Builder from myGlam last month (which turned out to be AMAZING), and then got three of the Lancome ones from the itKits from Sophora.  I'm sure I'll end up getting They're Real from myGlam this month, too,  ;) so this'll have a lot of competition.  I've never really compared mascaras before.  It'll be very interesting to see how all of these stack up!!!

Originally Posted by grayc View Post

Looks like i'm getting box #3.   Not really excited about the Miricle Skin Transformer & the Rose Cologne.  I was really hopping for some MOX or the spray oil.. my skin is SO DRY right now... anything would have helped!

If anyone has MOX or the spray oil and wants to do a trade; let me know.  I have lot of stuff from BB and IPSY.

Thanks

Susan

I have a MOX for you :) 

Booo--no shipping email for me and the tracking number on the site hasn't updated!  :(  I never get my notice this late.  I know things were going to be delayed because of the hurricane but my mom's box shipped days ago and we live in the same zip code!

Originally Posted by gracewilson View Post

I think trading you my brightening mask was one of the first trades I made! rolleyes.gif

and I loved it! thank you!!  400

of course it's fair enough that my husband thinks i look like a psycho and has to take pictures...