New mom in need of a new quick foundation routine.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm going to be a new mother here in less than 2 months. I'm anticipating not having much beauty prep time in the mornings but I am determined to still look my best (or close to.) Typically I do a full coverage face routine (for oily skin) with my moisterizer, primer, colorstay, concealer, and matte powder. I've been trying to figure out what would be the better option for a quick face routine instead of my 5 step system. I have looked into BB creams  tho I've never used one(skin79, missha, and Boots.) I've also considered mineral foundations as I have found them easy in the past (multiple sifter jar types, along with Philosohy's supernatural that was always simple to apply.) I'm pretty sure I will need to continue to use a primer to avoid an oily face. Any suggestions/recommendations on what I should do? I'm not sure how much time and energy I will have with an infant and I'm also trying to be more budget friendly than I have in the past with having our new addition. Tho certain products yeild more and are completlely worth the money in the long run. Any help will be appriciated.

skin type

light/medium

combination/oily

used to be prone to breakouts but thats subsided since being pregnant

prefer a medium to full coverage option

My makeup style is typically full coverage but natural, never much eye makeup and always great brows :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you in advanced for the feedback.

One thing I have found that might help is using a flat top stippling or buffing brush or flat top kabuki (I have seen it called all three) to stipple on and very lightly buff (more of a press and slightly sort of pat outward if that makes sense) liquid foundation or the Maybelline BB cream I have (which gives a light but good evening/equalizing tone coverage). Anyway, the application is pretty quick and gives good coverage so that might help.

I think the best idea is the one you have already come up with, bb cream! But be sure to get one of the korean ones, since the american ones are just tinted moisturizer. The real bb creams take the place of many products, they work as primer, moisturizer (some), usually have high spf, have anti aging properties (some), heavy coverage means no concealer necessary, have oil control/acne reducing properties (some), go from cream to powder, so you don't need to set, may have whitening properties etc. So you may be able to skip some steps in your routine with that one product. I'd go with Missha, I've seen great reviews on those ones and mixed reviews on the skin79 ones. I also heard that the Maybelline one is good...the one sold in asia, not the US one! lol I don't know if you have signed up for Missha's mailing list, but they usually give some great gifts or discounts to new sign ups (the Missha US site).

BB cream is really a good option for you or I must say  this is the best option for you I am totally agree with what Donnaj said!!! Rest on your choice hope it will help you also. And congrats for your baby!!!

tinted moisturizers or bb creams are the way to go. I switch between my Skin79 BB cream, and the clinique 'even better' foundation (I find the clinique one absorbs better, and is a little less oily).

for more complete coverage, or if you're worried about the foundation making your face oily, you could apply a quick coat of powder foundation over it (I use the physician's formula 'healthy wear spf 50').

I use MUFE Primer in #4 as foundation.  After I apply moisturizer and concealer, I put it on and I'm all done.  It is very light-weight and non-drying.  I love it!!!

Back