A Question For Those Who Have Used Urban Decay De Slick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I used my De Slick for the first time today. I will describe how I used it. Could you please tell me if I did something wrong?

1. I applied Murad Clarifying Toner then moisurizer and let it set.

2. I sprayed De Slick all over my face.

3. I put on my M Signature Real Complete BB Cream, which I use as a tinted moisturizer. I let it set.

4. I put on my concealer.

5. I sprayed the De Slick again and let it set.

6. Thiking that it should set my concealer too, I moved on to my eye make up. I touched the under eye area where I put my concealer and it felt a little tacky. Hmmm, I thought De slick will set it. Not satisfied, I brushed my under eye area with MAC blotting powder.

7. After 5 minutes, I checked my face and it was shiny. Is it the De Slick product that has not set? Anyways, I used a blotting paper. I blotted gently and there was some oil residue to the paper. Hmmmm, is that the De Slick or oil from my face? After the blotting paper, my face looked nice., not too matte and kinda dewy.

After 10 minutes, my T zone and cheeks are shiny. I saw from the sephora reviews that the longer you wear the slick, the make up looks better. They also said that they did not need to use the blotting paper anymore.

My face is not super oily. I have combination skin. I am going to observe how this oil control product will do today.

Anybody here who used De Slick before? Please share your experience. I am desperate in finding an oil control product, so I dont have to use blotting paper as much. I also bought aTarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder. I am waiting to see if I will like the De Slick enough. Do I need to set my bb cream with a finishing powder before De Slick or is De Slick enough to set it?

I used the deslick and returned it. I would spray after all my moisturizer was on and then after all of my makeup (face and eye) was set. I would spray right before my mascara though so as not to clump my lashes. I didn't really notice a difference and for $42 a bottle, it wasn't worth it to me. I think I get better results from the All Nighter which I just spray after all my makeup is done, but before mascara. I think It works better at controlling the oil although in my search all over the world, I have yet to find anything that will control my super oily skin. Have you tried the Murad Oil Control Mattifier? That stuff is amazing. I would say it cuts my oiliness in half. It's the only product I've ever found that I feel actually controls my oil. 

Thanks for the response. I guess I used it right. The product just didn't deliver. My face was shinier than usual. I used more blotting paper today too. I will have to return this one. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will check it out.

I used DeSlick, and I had no problems with it. I just use 3 sprays in the beginning and 3 sprays to set the makeup. Maybe you used too much. Also, I'd try setting the concealer with a powder first.

I used DeSlick, and I had no problems with it. I just use 3 sprays in the beginning and 3 sprays to set the makeup. Maybe you used too much. Also, I'd try setting the concealer with a powder first.
That is exactly how I use my Deslick as well, and it's always worked really well on my combo skin! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back